1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Got good news today!

1. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

For those who have been following my custody saga, I received good news today from my attorney. We won our case showing we have adequate to modify the current parenting plan. :D

Our next court date is this Friday, asking for my oldest DS to come back living with me full-time, (rather than jointly between his father and I), be returned to the school he was originally enrolled in this year (which his misses dearly!) and to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) to the case. If for some reason we do not get the GAL we are dead in the water because my son's voice will never be heard. :(

On another note, my DH got word he has completed all that he need's to for his gastric bypass and could have it as soon as two weeks from Friday. Yikes! We will know more within the next week.

So many balls to keep up in the air. :D

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Oct 5, 2009
  2. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Glad to hear the news, and will continue keeping you in my prayers.

3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

What wonderful news. My prayers will continue.

Oct 5, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Awesome news! Praying it all continues to work out!

Oct 5, 2009
  5. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am sooo hoping this works out! I put in a good word for you with the Big Guy!

Oct 5, 2009
  6. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

Laurie,

If you don't get a GIL this go around, see if you can't get a court apprioved psych evalv with your son. My parents had a seriously messy divorce 25 years ago. Because our parents could never agree on what we kids were saying we were appointed a GIL at a family psycologists suggestion. He saved my life. I was able to get emancipated at 17 so I could leave home; I was a senior and graduating and my parents wanted to keep the custody agreement going even when I went to college 250 miles away.

I will pray for you and your DS!

Oct 6, 2009
  7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Courts LOVE to see a GAL on the case! They act in the best interest of the CHILD and not the parents!

As for the surgery ... all I can say is wow. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders so I trust he is prepared for this major life change.

Have something to add?