1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Got an e-mail about SS cookware

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I just got this e-mail last night, how would you reply?

Hi Amanda,
    I have a question for you about the stainless pots and pans. 2 of them have clouded over on the bottom, is that supposed to happen? I don't want to use anything too abrasive on it, just hot water, soap and a nylon brush. I hope they don't get worse. I have been very careful with them,

I am just not sure if that is normal with stainless.

Oct 19, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I would recommend the SS Cleaner.

Oct 19, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. I'm wondering on how to address her concern of the clouding over part. I know I've heard that it's common for SS to get a "cloudy" appearance, but does that happen with our cookware? I was curious because we have the satin finish on ours. I only own a saucepan and mine still looks great even after something over boiled and scorched real good in there. I have a Viking brand SS skillet and it has the clouded look, so I thought maybe ours didn't do that.

Oct 19, 2009
  4. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

this happened to my friend's as well. I used the ss cleaner and it still did not uncloud. not too thrilled with our ss - I push the executive set more. LOVE them.

Oct 19, 2009
  5. DebinIA

DebinIA Member Gold Member

I have used Barkeeper's Friend to clean the cloudy look off the inside of my ss pans. It does not effect the performance.

Oct 19, 2009
Have something to add?