• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Palm Zire 71 is Possessed! Help?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use and issues with various PDA devices, specifically the Palm Zire 71 and Blackberry. Some users prefer the Blackberry for its phone and internet capabilities, while others prefer the Palm for its organizer features. The discussion also delves into the options offered by different phone carriers and the personal preferences of different users.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Many years ago I received a Palm Zire 71 with keyboard from PC. It was something I choose during a promotion. I'm having some issues with it and wondered if anyone else received one (if so, how long ago did we get these?) or does anyone have one so I can see if this is normal or not.

I think my palm is possessed! It starts blinking and "writing" all by itself! It will work for a while then "take off and do its own thing". This goes on for a few days/weeks then it is fine for weeks.

I tried going to their website and searching their forum but I can't actually type in "my zire 71 is possessed"! Ahh...but I can come to THIS forum and type it :)

there is some gunk on one of the keys. Probably it's time to cash it in and get a new one.

I've tried hard to make the Palm platform work for me, but am being won over to the blackberry - the big deal for me is the support from my phone carrier.

Scott,
Is the Blackberry worth it if I don't get the internet service? I can't afford to have that extra payment each month, but I have an old Palm and have thought about getting a Blackberry so that I don't have to carry around two devices.

Rebecca - I'm not Scott, but I just got rid of my blackberry. I like to use the organizer part, but I couldn't figure out how to sync them or download ringtones without the monthly package. I was typing my calendar & contacts into my phone anyway. I got a different phone. PS - if you decide you want one, I've got a BlackBerry Pearl Red for sale! :D

I believe you have to have an internet package with a Blackberry. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have a Palm that's also a phone, and I don't pay for the data plan. I did that so I could get rid of the old Palm I was carrying around, and my phone was up for replacement anyway. I have the Treo, and it's nice. The screen is smaller than on my old Palm Tungsten, but it's still useable, because it's crisper and the same resolution. The only thing I don't like is that there's no Graffiti interface, since the Treo has a Qwerty pad (which is very small - if you have fat fingers and no nails, you might want to play with it at the store to see if it'll work for you).

I absolutely LOVE my PDA phone! One of my best investments! I have a blackjack 2. It's so easy to sync! Load the software on my laptop, plug in phone and done! I can check which things I want EX: I could download all my email but since I do not have the data plan I do not need to do that. I know there are quite a few of us on here who have the PDA phones now. We had a big discussion a fre months ago.

I'll have to look into getting a PDA phone. Having both is getting old. I have Verizon...anyone know off hand what they offer and what is the best one to get?

All the major carriers have versions of both Blackberry and Palm devices. Which one you prefer will depend on how attached you are to your PDA's operating system and the programs you already own for it. I suggest finding independent websites that have reviews of the devices you're considering, to read real world opinions about how they work, how easy they are to hold, and how heavy they are.

1. Why is my Palm Zire 71 acting strange and unresponsive?

There are several possible reasons for this issue, including a software glitch, low battery, or physical damage. We recommend trying to reset your device by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then turning it back on. If the issue persists, please contact our technical support team for further assistance.

2. How do I know if my Palm Zire 71 is possessed or just malfunctioning?

It is highly unlikely that your device is actually possessed. The most common explanation for strange behavior is a technical problem. Again, we suggest trying a reset and contacting our support team if the issue continues.

3. Can I fix my Palm Zire 71 myself or do I need to send it in for repairs?

Depending on the specific issue, you may be able to fix your device at home. We recommend checking out our online troubleshooting guides or contacting our support team for assistance. If the issue is hardware-related, you may need to send it in for repairs.

4. How long will it take to get my Palm Zire 71 fixed?

The repair process time depends on the specific issue and the availability of parts. Our support team can give you a more accurate estimate once they have assessed your device. In the meantime, we suggest backing up any important data on your device.

5. Is there a warranty for my Palm Zire 71 and will the repairs be covered?

Most of our products come with a limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects. However, any repairs needed due to accidental damage or misuse will not be covered. Please refer to your product manual or contact our customer service team for more information on your specific warranty coverage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • esavvymom