• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Fundraiser Success with Expert Ideas from This Site | Debbie's Story

In summary, Debbie says that she is an independent kitchen consultant and that she tries to leave catalogs at schools and with other vendors. She says that if students want a catalog, they have to bring one home with them.
DebbieSM
Recruited someone from this site and she has really energized me. She gave me a lot great ideas!! I have sooo much going on in my head right now, I think her excitement really put some fire in my butt. I started talking to a couple of schools in my area about fundraisers. I will be leaving catalogs just about anywhere they will let me. Listen to the people on this site, they know what they are talking about.

Thanks,
Debbie :) :) :)

You've started talking to schools even when they're out for the summer? Can you share who you approach about this and what exactly you say? I just thought that one of my close friends is a principal of a brand new elementary school in her area and maybe I can approach her!

Friends in PTAOne of my neighbors is the treasurer for PTA for one my local elementary schools. I basically approached it more as a fundraiser that each child would bring a catalog home. This particular school was looking for another funraiser for November. Right before Christmas, Cha-Ching. I also am contacting my daughters elementary school, Their PTA is a little messed up this year so I haven't been able to reach anyone yet. The schools in our area are not allowed to have Candy Bar sales anymore so they are looking for other ways to have fundraisers. Good Luck, and I will let you know how everything works out. I would definately talk to your friend. Even if she can't get involved, maybe she can give you a contact name and #.

:D

Watch out shes on FIRE :p Sounds like you have some awsome ideas!! I actually thought about finding somebody to print my kids some shirts that say "I'm pampered" then on the back have something like "my mommy the pampered chef".. Cause believe it or not.. ppl LOVE to look at kids and they will probably ask about it!! :p

As vice president of my childrens PTO I have thought alot about doing a fundraiser. My question is this. How in the world can you afford to send out catalogs with all the kids!! Catalogs run about .33 and if you send out say 300 that would cost you $99. You would have to really sell. I would love to hear from others who have done this. We are having a PTO meeting here at my house tomorrow morning and I would love to talk to them about this.
Thanks in advance for all your good information :D
Laura Anglea
Indepent Kitchen Conusltant, Mom, wife, cook, maid, pyschologist, doctor,tutor, taxi, accountant. lol :D

Think about itI definately wouldn't do it for a Spring fundraiser, but would for fall or right before Christmas. Look at the Big Picture. If you have enrollment of 300, and each child sold just $20 (some may sell more and some may not sell at all). You have just sold $6000 in commissionable sales. Gives you $1020, plus 6000 points towards incentive trip. And it all just cost you $99. If each child is going home with a catalog, there is no doubt in my mind that you would at least get your money back, plus bookings, maybe even recruits. Remember, you have to money into a business to get money out of a business.
T-shirts are a great idea Angie, thanks for another great idea.

Debbie :D

Hello all. In our monthly directors letter it was about fundraisers. The people that had the best fundraisers said that they focused more on selling gift certificates to people then they did products. That way more people were interested in participating because they did not have to choose something right that minute. Plus you can always give a gift certificat to someone else when you do not know what they would like. I have a letter that I will put on that I am going to use. It will probally get it on tomorrow or the next day. But right Now I am nursing the baby and it is a little impossible. LOL. Hope this helps you all. Rachel :rolleyes:

The gift certificate is such a great idea. Would never of thought of that. Another thing that could be done is set up a table during a parent/teacher night or at a concert and let everyone know that there will be a fundraiser that night and Pampered Chef would have a table set up to look at products and catalogues to look at and you could still offer gift certificates.

Cheryl Andre
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Winnipeg, Mb

I've done some fairs at schools and with alot of vendors that can or are not successful. I like the catalog I'd with also advertising the gift cert. idea as well. I did send a letter to locate schools and was only able to get one response and that didn't go thru. They are also limited to the number of fundraisers they do. Use the who you know will always help. Good luck. I think I'll try it again and see what happens.
:)

Do we recieve the commision on the gift certificates when we sell them, or when they are redeemed??

Gift Cert.Do we recieve the commision on the gift certificates when we sell them, or when they are redeemed??

When we sell them. SO the host gets credit as well. It's a great deal. :)

When we sell them and they can only be redeemed on the PC website.

Oh, OK. Thanks! Didn't know they had to be redeemed online either.

Is that right :confused: I never heard that you could only redeem online. I didn't know customers could go online and shop.Other than if we have a website. But I do not. I thought they could be redeemed at shows. Are you sure this is right.
Laura Anglea

Wouldn't the gift certificate be only good thru that PC consultant?

PC gift certificates are not redeemable at a show or through a consultant. They are ONLY redeemable either via mail to HO or through the PC website. Information about redeeming and purchasing is in Recipe For Success, Policies and Procedures section. Hope I helped.

Debbie :)

How To?How do you go about ordering them then, or putting through a show that ordered Gift Certificates??

:confused:

Michelle-
On Pampered Partner there is a code for gift ceritificates, an item number just like all the products have. I think the four digit number begins with a 9. Then you just fill in the information. The recipient gets the gift certificate with instruction on how to redeem and a catalog.
Hope this helps...
Jill

gift certsYou receive commission when you sell them, no commission is received when they are redeemed. This is why consultants cannot redeem gift certificates.

Fundraiser
DebbieSM said:
One of my neighbors is the treasurer for PTA for one my local elementary schools. I basically approached it more as a fundraiser that each child would bring a catalog home. This particular school was looking for another funraiser for November. Right before Christmas, Cha-Ching. I also am contacting my daughters elementary school, Their PTA is a little messed up this year so I haven't been able to reach anyone yet. The schools in our area are not allowed to have Candy Bar sales anymore so they are looking for other ways to have fundraisers. Good Luck, and I will let you know how everything works out. I would definately talk to your friend. Even if she can't get involved, maybe she can give you a contact name and #.

:D
I am very interested in the fundraising aspect of PC however, I am a bit concerned. My understanding was that we had to do a Kitchen Show fundraiser. Can I do this with outside sales instead? Is this how you are approaching the fundraisers?

Thank you for any help you can lend.

Christol

Gift Cert redemtion
DebbieSM said:
When we sell them and they can only be redeemed on the PC website.

Gift Certificates must be redeemed online? I am so new that this site is giving me so much information. I just thought they could redeem them at a showing.

I do not have a website yet. I am just starting and I am trying to buy as a earn so I haven't set one up yet. How does it seem to be working out for those who do have them? :confused: :confused:

Thank you.

Christol

The gift certificates are redeemed online through the MAIN PC website, not our own individual ones. So, it doesn't matter that you don't have one.

Cristol,
I'm sure you can do a fundraiser however you choose. They suggest how you do everything, but you adjust what you can to bring in more business. Just like they suggest a Kitchen Show but you can do any kind of theme show. Also, your question about the Gift Certificates, when someone purchases a gift certificate at your show, that sale gets added to your hosts show. Thats where your involvement ends, they redeem their gift certificates on the main PC website. Good Luck, if you have any other questions either post or send me an e-mail.

Debbie :) :) :)

Personal PC Gift CertificatesI have been known to print out a gift certificate to give someone as a wedding present and they have to redeem it thru me. In fact...looking for a pampered chef gift certificate document is how I found this site. I just personalized it. The bride is planning on hosting a show so that she can really utilize that certificate.

What is "Boost Your Fundraiser Success with Expert Ideas from This Site | Debbie's Story"?

"Boost Your Fundraiser Success with Expert Ideas from This Site | Debbie's Story" is a fundraising program offered by Pampered Chef that provides expert tips and resources to help individuals and organizations maximize their fundraising success.

How can this program benefit my fundraiser?

This program can benefit your fundraiser by providing you with proven strategies and ideas from an experienced fundraiser, Debbie, who has successfully raised funds using Pampered Chef products. You will also have access to customizable templates, promotional materials, and support from Pampered Chef consultants.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use this program?

No, you do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use this program. It is available to anyone who is interested in hosting a successful fundraiser using Pampered Chef products.

Are there any costs associated with using this program?

There are no upfront costs associated with using this program. However, there may be some small fees for shipping and materials depending on the size and scope of your fundraiser.

How do I get started with this program?

To get started, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Boost Your Fundraiser Success" tab. From there, you can learn more about the program and sign up to receive all the resources and support you need to make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
CooknSteph
  • soonerchef