• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes? Tips and Advice Needed!

In summary, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan that my 4 yo dd has been desperately wanting arrived today. So, we jumped in and made the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes. They just came out of the oven. They smell great, but I've got some questions. First of all, the recipe says to use the stainless whisk to mix everything together. Ummm. That didn't work for me. :( I had to use the Small Mix 'N Scraper, and even then had trouble getting it all mixed up. Now, I did double the recipe since I could only find an 18 oz box
tracyt
Ok! The Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan that my 4 yo dd has been desperately wanting arrived today. So, we jumped in and made the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes. They just came out of the oven. They smell great, but I've got some questions.

First of all, the recipe says to use the stainless whisk to mix everything together. Ummm. That didn't work for me. :( I had to use the Small Mix 'N Scraper, and even then had trouble getting it all mixed up. Now, I did double the recipe since I could only find an 18 oz box of cake mix so that could have been part of it, but I don't think all of it. Has anyone else had this trouble? Or is it just me?

Second, the cake rose above the rim. When I flip them out they will have a round bottom. Does this normally happen? What do y'all do?

Thanks,
Tracy

I recently did a Moms and Daughters show and one group did these.
They did mention that they were kind of hard to mix up. Also, they only got 8 instead of 12:(. Another group did the after dinner mint triangles and we ended up getting out the electric mixer - very stiff. Any suggestions?

hi Tracy
I havent made that specific recipe but when I make cupcakes in the FSCP as soon as they come out of the oven I press the tops with the mini tart shaper , then when I flip them over the bottoms are flat!
It works great.
hope this helps!

maddy123 said:
hi Tracy
I havent made that specific recipe but when I make cupcakes in the FSCP as soon as they come out of the oven I press the tops with the mini tart shaper , then when I flip them over the bottoms are flat!
It works great.
hope this helps!

Turned out that the bottoms weren't that big of an issue, but that's a great idea about using the mini tart shaper. I'll try that on the second half of the batch and see what the difference is.

And boy were they good!! My dd had a chocolate ring around her mouth when she was through. :D

Thanks,
Tracy

cochef said:
They did mention that they were kind of hard to mix up. Also, they only got 8 instead of 12:(.

Glad you mentioned that you didn't get the full 12. I would have just put the bottom and middle parts in ALL the cups only to find out too late that I didn't have enough batter to finish the tops. :eek: So, I carefully did one at a time until I ran out of batter. Thanks for the heads up!!!! I ended up getting 19 cupcakes out of a double batch instead of the full 24.

And initially when I was mixing the batter up I was thinking I was going to have to get the beaters out. I would definitely like to hear how others have mixed it up.

Oh! What do y'all use for the "whipped peanut butter nougat-filled candy bars"? I think I read somewhere that someone used Reese's whips??? I have never heard of those, and I couldn't find them at my grocery store. So, I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cremes. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Tracy

I have been wondering about this. There was a choc recipe that came out when they introduced this pan. I made them and they were terrible. I thought I followed the directions closely, but who knows. I didn't want to try it again, so I haven't used the pan since.

I do like the feedback I have seen on this recipe, with the exception of it being tough to mix. I think I may actually try this! Thanks!

I don't own this pan, so I used the 12 cup muffin stone. It worked great and they came out perfectly. The batter is a bit tough with using a whisk, so I used a scraper, too.

cochef said:
Another group did the after dinner mint triangles and we ended up getting out the electric mixer - very stiff. Any suggestions?

I have made the triangles at least 10 times already, and the most important part on these is to make certain the cream cheese is softened ahead of time to where you can easily whisk it. If I haven't had time to soften it at room temperature, I put it in a Batter Bowl, and nuke for maybe 15-20 seconds. Just long enough to soften, not melt.

I've also heard some consultants say they use the whipped cream cheese. Since the quantity goes by weight, there's just as much in the container, but it's easier to whisk.

AJPratt said:
There was a choc recipe that came out when they introduced this pan. I made them and they were terrible. I thought I followed the directions closely, but who knows. I didn't want to try it again, so I haven't used the pan since.

I did a lemon tea cake recipe (non PC) a couple of days ago with my dc. It was wonderful and I bet it would look beautiful in this pan. The one complaint of the recipe I have besides being tough to mix is that the icing covers the details of the flowers. :( I think recipes where the icing is more "clear" or you dust with sugar would show the pan off better at shows. But I loved the way the cupcakes popped out of the pan. And they looked so cool!! :love:

I read that you can also use the pan for muffins, bread, ice cream and today my director mentioned you can even use it for bread puddings. Hmmm. Anyway! Just thought I'd share.

Tracy

tracyt said:
The one complaint of the recipe I have besides being tough to mix is that the icing covers the details of the flowers. :( I think recipes where the icing is more "clear" or you dust with sugar would show the pan off better at shows.

I reread that and realized that wasn't very clear. I was referring to the gooey chocolate mini cakes in that statement, not the lemon tea cakes. :eek:

Tracy

I tried these but have had many troubles with my Floral Cupcake pan...sometimes things come out, sometimes they don't. Luckily when I made these it was only for my folks so I kinda scooped them out and they tasted great. I would never do at a show!

Since they are individual cakes that are in a one cup thing, you could always use the 12 cup muffin stone (I love using that--they always have turned out nice) or try the prep bowls. You might need to adjust the baking time though.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes?

To make Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes, you will need all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, semisweet chocolate chips, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. You can also add in optional ingredients such as chopped nuts or chocolate chunks for extra texture and flavor.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate besides semisweet?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes. However, using semisweet chocolate will give the best balance of sweetness and richness in the final result.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 mini cakes, so it can serve 12 people. However, if you want larger portions, you can make 6 regular-sized cakes instead.

4. Can I make these cakes in advance and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the batter for Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, let the batter sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. You can also bake the cakes in advance and reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds to get the gooey texture back.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make these mini cakes?

You will need a mini muffin pan to make these mini cakes. If you don't have one, you can also use a regular muffin pan, but the baking time may vary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • ejleinenbach