• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Good Weight Watchers Recipes for a Show? Any Suggestions?

In summary, the 8 Pt. Party features a Southwestern 7 Layer Salad and a Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.
hperschnick
I have a show on the 8th and the Host and many guests are on Weight Watchers. What are some good low point recipes that I could do. I have the WW points for the cookbooks thanks to someone here... Ann I think, but I'm new and want to fix something tasty and just haven't tried many reicpes. It will be a 6:30 show.

I think I am going to do a microwave cake in my fluted pan and just do the cake mix with a can of diet soda then serve with cool whip in the EAD but would like a savory type something to go with it.

I'm new and only have the kit items plus a large round stone, the salad spinner and trifle bowl.

Thanks for any ideas!

Hperschnick......Go to the weight watchers website and look around the recipes. You could probably find a good one on there and adapt it. Biggest thing is just to make sure you use fat free or reduced fat everything!

How about a big salad? I'm not in WW, but aren't many veggies no-points? You could make a big bowl of salad using our many fabulous tools, and grill some chicken to put on top, using the grill pan. Delish!

Anything out of the Good For You cookbook would be good - in the files there is a list of WW points per cookbook, too. A personal favorite that is fast and easy is the pineapple lush cake. Simple mix a box of angelfood cake mix, a can of crushed pineapples, mix and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Top with cool whip if desired. I eat it without, tho. :)

I'm not sure how many points it has but the Three Garden Cheese Pizza is very good. The recipe is included in your kit and you have everything you need to make it in your kit also. Also if you have access to the WW you can log in and go to recipe builder and it will give you the points.

Thank you, great ideas! I don't know why I am having trouble with this... I'm IN WW!! Most of the stuff I fix isn't "show worthy" though :) ! I like the salad idea. I could maybe do some sort of layered thing in the trifle bowl. I forgot that I have the salad choppers too! I could do the lettuce and chicken. I could shred some carrots with the Mandoline and slice cucumbers with it too... show off a pretty pricy item! The cake sounds good too. I have family coming in this weekend - sounds like they get to be cake guinnea pigs!

My other shows have all been rings so I was a little stuck on something like that and couldn't move past it. Thank you guys this gives me some inspiration. Now I just need to figure out what products I want to use.

Thank you! **Whew**

Don't forget about the Julienne peeler, too. That makes great carrot pieces for salad!

All of the cookbooks list the info you need to figure out points for a recipe.

I do an "8 Pt. Party" Featuring the Southwestern 7 Layer Salad, and A Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. Everyone loves it - and those who aren't on WW or even on a diet, have no idea they are eating "diet food:.

If you search in files for "weight" you'll also find a a document with the points for many of our recipes.

ChefBeckyD said:
All of the cookbooks list the info you need to figure out points for a recipe.

I do an "8 Pt. Party" Featuring the Southwestern 7 Layer Salad, and A Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. Everyone loves it - and those who aren't on WW or even on a diet, have no idea they are eating "diet food:.

Love this!! I'll have to go search for the recipes. I don't have any of our cookcooks yet - that is in the works!

chefann said:
Don't forget about the Julienne peeler, too. That makes great carrot pieces for salad!

Don't have it yet... I'll have to make due with the Mandoline. Unlike most people on here I actually like it!

Ooh Becky - I was going to do the Southwestern Salad like you recommended for my WW show on the 23rd. I like adding the trifle and doing the 8 pt. party!

Which strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe do you use and what specific ingredients (sorry, I'm REALLY bad on diets!!!!)?

I bet those who met me couldn't tell... :p

Bump so Becky can give me a recipe later!!!! (The cheesecake one with ingredient changes..)

For the cake idea, instead of using diet soda....you can use a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. It makes the cake so moist and delicious.

1 cake Mix
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin

Cook as directed on box.

HTH.

Okay - The trifle recipe - (Oh - and btw - I think the diet soda cakes are GROSS!!!)

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
1 Angel Food Cake
1 pkg Jello Instant Cheesecake Pudding
1 12 oz Container Light Cool Whip
1 1/2 C. Skim Milk
1 Qt Strawberries
1 Pint Blueberries

This is how I do the demo:

Before the show:

Make the pudding in the smallest SS bowl using 1 1/2 Cups milk, and place in refrigerator.
Cube the cake and put in largest SS bowl - w/ the lid on.
Prep the strawberries (washed and hulled & spun dry) and place in medium SS bowl w/ cover on. (reserve 2 berries w/ stems)
Rinse Blueberries and place in small salad spinner colander
Fill EAD w/ Cool Whip
Scoop rest of Cool Whip on top of pudding in fridge (don't stir in)
Just before show, Stack all 3 SS bowls on top of each other on the demo area.

AT SHOW:

Introduce Trifle Bowl - show how versatile it is.
Introduce Salad Spinner - spin the blueberries for demo
Pass around strawberries in SS bowl w/ salad chopper - let everyone chop.
While they are chopping - Stir together Cool Whip and Pudding w/ mix n scraper- talking about SS bowls and scrapers.
Stir blueberries into strawberries when bowl gets back to you.

Layer Cake, berries, pudding - do this 2 times. On top of Trifle, decorate w/ Cool Whip in EAD, and slice 2 strawberry fans, (using the egg slicer) w/ reserved strawberries and place on top.

****Note - if I am doing this with the Salad, I make the whole thing ahead, and just show the garnishing at the end.

hperschnick said:
Thank you, great ideas! I don't know why I am having trouble with this... I'm IN WW!! Most of the stuff I fix isn't "show worthy" though :) ! I like the salad idea. I could maybe do some sort of layered thing in the trifle bowl. I forgot that I have the salad choppers too! I could do the lettuce and chicken. I could shred some carrots with the Mandoline and slice cucumbers with it too... show off a pretty pricy item! The cake sounds good too. I have family coming in this weekend - sounds like they get to be cake guinnea pigs!

My other shows have all been rings so I was a little stuck on something like that and couldn't move past it. Thank you guys this gives me some inspiration. Now I just need to figure out what products I want to use.

Thank you! **Whew**

Well, I fixed a Layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna yesterday that is to die for!!! The recipes are out there...you just have to look for them.

BTW, the layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna is only 6 pts/serving and it is YUMMY!!!!

BUMP! So Janet Can Find The Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle recipe......

hoosierchef said:
Well, I fixed a Layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna yesterday that is to die for!!! The recipes are out there...you just have to look for them.

BTW, the layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna is only 6 pts/serving and it is YUMMY!!!!
Tammy~

Where is the recipe for this great lasagna?!?:p

Also- are the serving size for the 6 pts. reasonable?

Thanks!
Sounds yummy!

Layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna
KellyTheChef said:
Tammy~Where is the recipe for this great lasagna?!?:p Also- are the serving size for the 6 pts. reasonable?Thanks!
Sounds yummy!
Here is the Recipe. I found it on the WW website. The portion size is good. I used our NT Rectangular Baker to make it in. (Look at that and picture it divided into 12 squares.) I felt like it filled me up.I used precooked chicken chunks I had purchased from Market Day. So, they added a little more zing to my Lasagna than probably what would have already been. I was skeptical about the Chiles, but they were good and didn't over power the recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think?? This will last you probably a week!Layered Mexican Chicken Lasagna
INSTRUCTIONS1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
2 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cup fat-free sour cream
2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, divided
8 oz chopped green chilies, two 4-oz cans
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
12 medium corn tortilla(s), cut into 2-inch strips
1 cup salsa, mild, medium or hotPreheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/...&recipename=+Layered+Mexican+Chicken&points=6

4kids4me said:
A personal favorite that is fast and easy is the pineapple lush cake. Simple mix a box of angelfood cake mix, a can of crushed pineapples, mix and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Top with cool whip if desired. I eat it without, tho. :)

I just tried this... in the fluted pan... in the microwave - IT OVERFLOWED!! YIKES! It is still cooling so I don't even know if it is completely done. I wondered about the Angel Food in the micro but decided to try it anyway... maybe it isn't microwave friendly? I'll have to try again in the REAL oven - it smells delish though. Anyone else tried the Angel food cake in the micro?

I have tried this recipe from someone on CS and it is very yummy. Hope I attached it properly.
Deb

Attachments

• pretty yummy cake combination-trifle bowl.doc
    27 KB · Views: 431

What are some easy and healthy recipes for Weight Watchers?

Some popular options for Weight Watchers-friendly recipes include grilled chicken or fish with roasted vegetables, zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs, and quinoa stir fry with tofu and vegetables.

Are there any low-point dessert options for Weight Watchers?

Yes, there are many delicious dessert options for Weight Watchers, such as fruit salad with a small amount of whipped cream, frozen yogurt with fresh berries, or homemade banana "ice cream" made with frozen bananas and a splash of milk.

Is it possible to find Weight Watchers recipes that are also vegetarian or vegan?

Absolutely! There are many vegetarian and vegan recipes that are also Weight Watchers-friendly, such as lentil and vegetable soup, tofu and vegetable stir fry, and black bean and sweet potato tacos.

Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make Weight Watchers recipes?

Yes, many Pampered Chef products, such as the Quick Cooker and Air Fryer, are great for making Weight Watchers recipes. You can also find recipes specifically designed for Pampered Chef products on their website.

Are there any one-pot or sheet pan recipes that are good for Weight Watchers?

Definitely! One-pot and sheet pan meals are perfect for Weight Watchers because they are easy to make and require minimal cleanup. Some popular options include roasted chicken and vegetables, shrimp and veggie stir fry, and turkey and vegetable chili.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • apriljc