• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Time for Follow Up Calls?

and Wendy are discussing when to call their customers. Wendy says she tries to call between 7:30 and 8:30, but says she'll call back later if it's not a good time. tash says she usually calls between 7 and 8, but says she'll call back later if it's not a good time.
Tash
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering when you all do your follow up calls? I mean what time of day and which days? I find I don't want to get people at dinner time but for those who have kids I also don't want to get them at bath or bed time. I have some calls to make and I keep putting it off trying to find the best time....problem is I can't seem to figure out when that is?

Help! :confused:
Tash

I call between 7:00 and 8:00 on weeknights and occasionally on Sunday afternoons or the 7-8 slot on Sunday night.

Same hereI usually have the best luck on Sunday evenings between 6 and 8 p.m.
I only do weeknight calling if it has been prearranged what with school stuff and whatnot, it seems no one is ever home anymore during the week.

Tash,
I've been a consultant for 2 years, and I still hesitate calling due the wondering what the best time to call is. Does anyone think that after 8 is too late? Is 4pm too early? I make the calls usually during the day, when I have the time, but any help in what the best time to call at night would be so that I could actually talk to a person would be great!

I do think that after 8 is too late, but that's based on my family's situation right now. My husband gets up at 4 a.m. so he's in bed by 9:00 or 9:30. I wouldn't mind a friend calling at 8:30 or even 8:45, but I got a call last week from another direct sales rep at 9:35. Sorry, I just think that's too late to be calling when you're selling something. Even if a friend called me that late, she better be telling me something important.

Also, families with young kids--mine are 5 and 3--are doing baths & bedtime stuff and a phone call in the middle of that can really throw a monkey wrench into your evening. When they pick up the phone thinking, "Who is this and what do they want?! :mad: " they are significantly less likely to book a party or say yes to whatever you're calling about.

Not after 9 PMI don't usually get home from work until after 5 o'clock, so by the time I visit with my husband, make supper, clean up, check the mail, etc, it is at least 7 PM, sometimes later, depending what is all going on. I try to make my calls between 7:30 and 8:30, but no later than 9:00. Since telemarketers can't call people after 9:00, I feel that is a good rule of thumb for all of us. And I usually ask if it is a good time. If not I offer to call back at a more convenient time.

Thanks for your input guys.
I see it does seem to be a common problem.

Wendy, you are right, I have a 15 month old and I hate getting calls when I am busy with his nightly routine. Also in our house we eat a little later than most families I know, so I never know if earlier or later is better.
I always ask if now is a good time but I think if you realllly get them at a bad time, the damage has been done, and even though you call back at a better time, they are still remembering how "inapropriate" you last call's timing was.

Perhaps there is no "right" time for everyone.

tash

1. What is the best time to call people for Pampered Chef products?

The best time to call people for Pampered Chef products varies depending on your target audience. However, generally speaking, the best time to call potential customers is during the late afternoon or early evening on weekdays. This is when people are usually home from work and have time to listen to your pitch.

2. Should I call people during weekends?

While weekends may seem like a good time to call people, it is not always the most effective. Many people are busy with family activities or running errands on weekends, and may not have time to speak with you about Pampered Chef products. It's best to stick with weekdays for phone calls.

3. How long should I wait before calling someone back?

It's important to give people some time to consider your initial call before following up. We recommend waiting at least a week before calling someone back if they did not answer or were not interested during your first call. This gives them time to think about your products and potentially become more interested.

4. Is there a specific time frame to call people during the day?

The best time to call people during the day is between 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm. This avoids calling during meal times and ensures that people are not too busy with work or other daily tasks. However, it's important to also consider your target audience and their schedules.

5. Is it better to call people or send them an email?

Both calling and sending emails can be effective ways to reach potential customers. However, calling allows for a more personal and direct conversation where you can address any questions or concerns they may have. It's best to use a combination of both methods to reach a wider audience and increase your chances of making a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • heat123