1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Good time to call people?

1. Tash

Tash Member

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering when you all do your follow up calls? I mean what time of day and which days? I find I don't want to get people at dinner time but for those who have kids I also don't want to get them at bath or bed time. I have some calls to make and I keep putting it off trying to find the best time....problem is I can't seem to figure out when that is?

Help! :confused:
    Tash

Oct 5, 2005
  2. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

I call between 7:00 and 8:00 on weeknights and occasionally on Sunday afternoons or the 7-8 slot on Sunday night.

Oct 5, 2005
  3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Same here

I usually have the best luck on Sunday evenings between 6 and 8 p.m.
    I only do weeknight calling if it has been prearranged what with school stuff and whatnot, it seems no one is ever home anymore during the week.

Oct 5, 2005
  4. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Tash,
    I've been a consultant for 2 years, and I still hesitate calling due the wondering what the best time to call is. Does anyone think that after 8 is too late? Is 4pm too early? I make the calls usually during the day, when I have the time, but any help in what the best time to call at night would be so that I could actually talk to a person would be great!

Oct 5, 2005
  5. WendyAebi

WendyAebi Member

I do think that after 8 is too late, but that's based on my family's situation right now. My husband gets up at 4 a.m. so he's in bed by 9:00 or 9:30. I wouldn't mind a friend calling at 8:30 or even 8:45, but I got a call last week from another direct sales rep at 9:35. Sorry, I just think that's too late to be calling when you're selling something. Even if a friend called me that late, she better be telling me something important.

Also, families with young kids--mine are 5 and 3--are doing baths & bedtime stuff and a phone call in the middle of that can really throw a monkey wrench into your evening. When they pick up the phone thinking, "Who is this and what do they want?! :mad: " they are significantly less likely to book a party or say yes to whatever you're calling about.

Oct 5, 2005
  6. cookerup

cookerup Guest

Not after 9 PM

I don't usually get home from work until after 5 o'clock, so by the time I visit with my husband, make supper, clean up, check the mail, etc, it is at least 7 PM, sometimes later, depending what is all going on. I try to make my calls between 7:30 and 8:30, but no later than 9:00. Since telemarketers can't call people after 9:00, I feel that is a good rule of thumb for all of us. And I usually ask if it is a good time. If not I offer to call back at a more convenient time.

Oct 5, 2005
  7. Tash

Tash Member

Thanks for your input guys.
    I see it does seem to be a common problem.

Wendy, you are right, I have a 15 month old and I hate getting calls when I am busy with his nightly routine. Also in our house we eat a little later than most families I know, so I never know if earlier or later is better.
    I always ask if now is a good time but I think if you realllly get them at a bad time, the damage has been done, and even though you call back at a better time, they are still remembering how "inapropriate" you last call's timing was.

Perhaps there is no "right" time for everyone.

tash

Oct 6, 2005
Have something to add?