• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Recipes for a Wine & Cheese Party?

In summary, the Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. The Brie cheese is cut in half horizontally using a utility knife. The apple mixture is combined with almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small batter bowl. The Brie cheese is then cut in half horizontally using a utility knife. The apple mixture is then spooned over top of the Brie cheese. The Brie cheese is then baked for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. The appetizer is served with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
Do you think I should make something from the easy & impressive appetizers or make a dessert??

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries
Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)

1/4 cup sliced natural almonds

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)

Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.

Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb)

@mountainmama74
That sounds yummy! Thanks! I will send it over to the host & see what she thinks ...

Wine and Cheese sounds enough for me! Why waste it on additional food?

cookingwithdot said:
@mountainmama74
That sounds yummy! Thanks! I will send it over to the host & see what she thinks ...

Just my 2 cents..it is SO YUMMY..I made it as an extra dish at a show last month..and everyone loved it.

I think I will make this for our family Christmas Eve get together - my host says she already makes something similar, so I'm sticking with Honey-Apple Brie Bites and Chili-Lime Meatballs from Easy & Impressive Appetizers - has anyone tried these??? Any tips?@pkd09 - lol - I agree, but I do need something to demo! :)

I am making the honey apple brie things in about 10 minutes to bring to a party... I will let you know how they turn out!

Made the chili-lime meatballs for a show and my guests were RAVING! It was a fairly small party my sister was hosting, so I made some Jasmine rice to go alongside and also made the California Spring Rolls - delicious.
I actually measured out the glaze ingredients into pinch and prep bowls ahead. Just had guests try the garlic press. Had someone use the utility knife and bar board to cut up lime wedges. Let everyone pass around the Asian Seasoning Mix to smell. I had my guests take turn using the saute tongs to cook the meatballs in the 12" skillet.
Served them on the medium bamboo platter with small bamboo tongs and lime wedges in a small bamboo bowl.
Hope you enjoy!

Hey Shorline how were your sales with that party? It sounds like a lot of fun and a nice laid back demo style.

Hi, Chef Kearns - just 4 people at the show and a couple outside orders, so my comm. sales were $350. I did book a January show, though! I did a lot of the California shrimp roll stuff ahead, too - more hands-on than the meatballs, though. I do have to say that those rolls cannot be made ahead AT ALL. The wrappers get gummy. Everyone really loved the flavors. I used the appetizer plates and caddy set to serve since it was the SA specials month (sold TWO of those sets that night!) Of the four that were there (aside from the host), 3 spent $80 - $130 apiece. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for the complement!

Hi Mountainmama74,

Thanks for sharing idea for the Wine and Cheese party. Did you make anything else? I have a party on a Friday night coming up and would love to hear more ideas!

Thanks,
Ginger

I have a quick question. Maybe someone can help me. I have found the neat invitation on here for the wine tasting party. The only thing is, I would like to change it to take off the old guest special and insert the new special. Does anyone know how to do that?

:confused:

1. What appetizers should I serve at a wine and cheese party?

Some popular appetizers for a wine and cheese party include crostini, charcuterie boards, bruschetta, and stuffed mushrooms. These options pair well with different types of wine and cheese and offer a variety of flavors and textures for guests to enjoy.

2. How many types of cheese should I have at my party?

A good rule of thumb is to have at least three different types of cheese for a wine and cheese party. This could include a soft cheese, a hard cheese, and a blue cheese. It's also a good idea to have a mix of mild and strong flavors to appeal to different tastes.

3. What are some suggested wine pairings for a cheese party?

Some classic wine and cheese pairings include brie with chardonnay, gouda with merlot, and blue cheese with port. However, you can also get creative and experiment with different pairings based on the flavors and textures of the cheese. It's also a good idea to offer a variety of wine options to accommodate different preferences.

4. Can I serve anything other than cheese at a wine and cheese party?

Yes, you can definitely serve other food options at a wine and cheese party. In addition to cheese and wine, you can offer fruits, nuts, crackers, and other appetizers to complement the cheese. Just make sure to keep the focus on the cheese and choose items that pair well with the wine.

5. What about non-alcoholic options for guests who don't drink?

It's always a good idea to have non-alcoholic options available for guests who don't drink. You can offer sparkling water, iced tea, or non-alcoholic versions of popular wine drinks like sangria. You can also serve mocktails or create a fun non-alcoholic punch to add to the party's festive atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • LoriLions
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LoriLions
  • KCPChef