1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Good Recipes for a Wine & Cheese Party?

1. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Do you think I should make something from the easy & impressive appetizers or make a dessert??

2. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries
    Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)

1/4 cup sliced natural almonds

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)

Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.

Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb)

3. cookingwithdot

@mountainmama74
    That sounds yummy! Thanks! I will send it over to the host & see what she thinks ...

4. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Wine and Cheese sounds enough for me! Why waste it on additional food?

Dec 17, 2009
  5. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

Just my 2 cents..it is SO YUMMY..I made it as an extra dish at a show last month..and everyone loved it.

Dec 17, 2009
  6. cookingwithdot

I think I will make this for our family Christmas Eve get together - my host says she already makes something similar, so I'm sticking with Honey-Apple Brie Bites and Chili-Lime Meatballs from Easy & Impressive Appetizers - has anyone tried these??? Any tips?

@pkd09 - lol - I agree, but I do need something to demo! :)

7. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

I am making the honey apple brie things in about 10 minutes to bring to a party... I will let you know how they turn out!

Dec 19, 2009
  8. shorelinecef

shorelinecef Novice Member

Made the chili-lime meatballs for a show and my guests were RAVING! It was a fairly small party my sister was hosting, so I made some Jasmine rice to go alongside and also made the California Spring Rolls - delicious.
    I actually measured out the glaze ingredients into pinch and prep bowls ahead. Just had guests try the garlic press. Had someone use the utility knife and bar board to cut up lime wedges. Let everyone pass around the Asian Seasoning Mix to smell. I had my guests take turn using the saute tongs to cook the meatballs in the 12" skillet.
    Served them on the medium bamboo platter with small bamboo tongs and lime wedges in a small bamboo bowl.
    Hope you enjoy!

Dec 22, 2009
  9. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Hey Shorline how were your sales with that party? It sounds like a lot of fun and a nice laid back demo style.

Dec 22, 2009
  10. shorelinecef

shorelinecef Novice Member

Hi, Chef Kearns - just 4 people at the show and a couple outside orders, so my comm. sales were $350. I did book a January show, though! I did a lot of the California shrimp roll stuff ahead, too - more hands-on than the meatballs, though. I do have to say that those rolls cannot be made ahead AT ALL. The wrappers get gummy. Everyone really loved the flavors. I used the appetizer plates and caddy set to serve since it was the SA specials month (sold TWO of those sets that night!) Of the four that were there (aside from the host), 3 spent $80 - $130 apiece. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for the complement!

Dec 22, 2009
  11. Hi Mountainmama74,

Thanks for sharing idea for the Wine and Cheese party. Did you make anything else? I have a party on a Friday night coming up and would love to hear more ideas!

Thanks,
    Ginger

Jan 31, 2010
  12. I have a quick question. Maybe someone can help me. I have found the neat invitation on here for the wine tasting party. The only thing is, I would like to change it to take off the old guest special and insert the new special. Does anyone know how to do that?

:confused:

Feb 15, 2010
Have something to add?