• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!

good old days so great. Everyone was so kind to one another. Nobody cared what others looked like or what they could do. It was just a happy, carefree time.It was a time when purebred dogs weren't popular, when Mom didn't wear nylons, when Dad didn't wear a tie, when you could catch fireflies without getting your hands dirty, when Saturday morning cartoons were just 30 minutes long and you didn't have to worry about commercials for action figures.It was a time when people dressed up for school, when adults listened to children, when mistakes were corrected with 'Do Over!' and when taking drugs meant orange flavored chewable aspirin.It was a time when people rode their bikes to school, when they
tlag1986
Gold Member
The good old days, yea How's this for nostalgia?

All the girls had ugly gym uniforms.

It took five minutes for the TV to warm up.

Nearly everyone's Mom was at home when the kids got home from school.

Nobody owned a purebred dog.

When a quarter was a decent allowance.

You'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny.

Your Mom wore nylons that came in two pieces.

All your male teachers wore neckties and female teachers had their hair done every day and wore dresses.

You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped without asking, all for free, every time. And you didn't pay for air, and, you got trading stamps to boot!

Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box.

It was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real restaurant with your parents.

They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. . . and they did it!

When a 57 Chevy was everyone's dream car...to cruise, peel out, lay rubber or watch submarine races, and people went steady.

No one ever asked where the car keys were because they were always in the car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked.

Lying on your back in the grass with your friends
and saying things like, 'That cloud looks like a... '

Stuff from the store came without safety caps and hermetic seals because no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger.

And with all our progress, don't you just wish, just once, you could slip back in time and savor the slower pace, and share it with the children of today?

When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited the student at home.

Basically we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn't because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! But we survived because their love was greater than the threat.

....as well, summers were filled with bike rides, baseball games, Hula Hoops, bowling and visits to the pool, and eating Kool-Aid powder with sugar. Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, 'Yeah, I remember that'?

I am sharing this with you today because it ended with a Double Dog Dare to pass it on. To remember what a Double Dog Dare is, read on. And remember that the perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better and too young to care.

Send this on to someone who can still remember Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Laurel and Hardy, Howdy Doody, The Peanut Gallery, the Lone Ranger, The Shadow Knows, Nellie Bell , Roy and Dale, Trigger and Buttermilk.

How Many Of These Do You Remember?
Candy cigarettes.

Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside.

Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles.

Coffee shops with Table Side Jukeboxes.

Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum.

Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers.

Telephone numbers with a word prefix...(Raymond 4-601). Party lines.

Peashooters.

Howdy Dowdy.

Hi-Fi's &45 RPM records.

78 RPM records!

Green Stamps.

Mimeograph paper.

The FortApachePlay Set.

Do You Remember a Time When....

Decisions were made by going 'eeny-meeny-miney-moe'?

Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, 'Do Over!'

'Race issue' meant arguing about who ran the fastest?

Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening?

It wasn't odd to have two or three 'Best Friends'.

The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was
'cooties'..

Having a Weapon in School meant being caught with a Slingshot.

Saturday morning cartoons weren't 30-minute commercials for action figures.

'Oly-oly-oxen-free' made perfect sense.

Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for giggles.

The Worst Embarrassment was being picked last for a team.

War was a card game.

Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle.

Taking drugs meant orange - flavored chewable aspirin.

Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.

If you can remember most or all of these, Then You Have Lived!!!!

You brought back a lot of good memories for The Furry Guy and me. I won't confess, though, which ones we remember and which ones we don't. LOL!

That was cool, but a little despressing - I remembered more things than I want to admit. LOL

Mimeograph paper. (always volunteered to help the teacher get them made, then sniffed them all the way back to the class room!)

That's one of the things that made The Furry Guy and me laugh. We remembered that every time we'd get a mimeographed sheet every one of us in class would take a good, long sniff.

thanks!!!!

I remember yelling oly-oly-oxen-free, but I don't remember what it means. Anyone know?

Oh yes, I remember alot of these....I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing though! One one hand, it means I REALLY am old but on the other hand, it means I REALLY have lived a great life :)...

Oh the great memories this brought back...... Thanks for sending this along.

colegrovet said:
Mimeograph paper. (always volunteered to help the teacher get them made, then sniffed them all the way back to the class room!)

Today they would consider this a type of inhalant and say you were doing drugs.... You druggie LOL LOL:balloon: Just kidding...

1. What is "Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!"?

"Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!" is a themed cooking and party experience offered by Pampered Chef. It allows you to take a step back in time and enjoy nostalgic recipes and activities from the past.

2. What kind of recipes are included in "Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!"?

The recipes included in this themed experience are inspired by popular dishes from past decades. They may include dishes like meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and classic desserts like Jell-O molds and pineapple upside-down cake.

3. Do I need any special equipment to participate in "Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!"?

No, you do not need any special equipment. The recipes can be made using basic kitchen tools and appliances. However, we do offer a variety of retro-style kitchen gadgets and cookware that can add to the nostalgic experience.

4. Can I customize the "Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!" experience?

Yes, you can customize the experience to fit your preferences and needs. You can choose which decade you want to focus on, which recipes you want to make, and even add in your own personal touch with decorations or activities.

5. Can I host a "Reliving the Good Old Days: A Blast from the Past!" party with my friends and family?

Absolutely! This themed experience is perfect for hosting a party with your loved ones. It's a fun and unique way to bring people together and reminisce about the good old days while enjoying delicious food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies