• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some good freezer meal recipes for new parents?

almost anything!). I also think Aldi's has good prices on cheese too.And easier too! I hate couponing - that's why I shop at Costco as much as possible. Fortunately we have a large upright freezer. :D:D:D:D:D:D:DI bought shredded cheese there a couple of months ago, and think I still have a couple of bags (3 cups each) in the freezer. That was one of the great money-saving things I've done in the past few months. It was so much less expensive than couponing. hmmmm... I should probably dig around in the freezer to see how much is still in there so I can add it to the list for
kdangel518
Gold Member
Forgive me, this is not ENTIRELY PC related (though I do have friends and guests that are pregnant and this would make an AWESOME mom-to-be show!!!)

I have a very good friend that will be having her first baby in just a few weeks :). Our group of friends would like to put together a collection of meals for her and her DH to keep in the freezer for when the baby comes, meals they can either just defrost or pull out and pop in the oven to finish cooking?

Obviously the power cooking recipes would be great for this! Just curious what other recipes (PC and non-PC) others have that would work well for this? Thanks!:chef:

Here is a website that I've looked at, but haven't done all the recipe. Check it out, maybe there'll be something that looks good.http://www.christysclipart.com/wwwroot/oamc2.html

Thanks Amanda! That's a great website :)

Curious as to what suggestions others may have?

I posted a bunch on here that came from my Once a Month cooking cookbook...I'll have to see if I can find them again...

My sister mentioned a cookbook she has called something like "Fix, Freeze, Feast." I plan on looking for it and getting it if there's some good stuff in there. It sounds like it would be a good candidate for Power Cooking recipes.

chefann said:
My sister mentioned a cookbook she has called something like "Fix, Freeze, Feast." I plan on looking for it and getting it if there's some good stuff in there. It sounds like it would be a good candidate for Power Cooking recipes.

I found a copy of this book at the library, and it is a good one. The idea behind it is to have recipes for "warehouse store" quantities of an ingredient. Do partial prep, divide, freeze, have multiple meals in the freezer for later.

I supppose since I've checked out this book on at least three different occasions, it's a clue that I should probably add it to my library :chef:

SpiritdancerIA said:
I found a copy of this book at the library, and it is a good one. The idea behind it is to have recipes for "warehouse store" quantities of an ingredient. Do partial prep, divide, freeze, have multiple meals in the freezer for later.

I supppose since I've checked out this book on at least three different occasions, it's a clue that I should probably add it to my library :chef:

That sounds really interesting...especially since I have an obsession with my local "warehouse store" :D:D:D

ChefBeckyD said:
That sounds really interesting...especially since I have an obsession with my local "warehouse store" :D:D:D

I stopped there JUST for the $1.50 hot dog and soda last week. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DebbieJ said:
I stopped there JUST for the $1.50 hot dog and soda last week. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL - Micah and I often eat Lunch there when we are shopping. We can split a soda, and both of us eat for under $4!

My favorite tip - buy the cheese! Either block or grated - it comes out to less than $1 per 8 oz package, and you can freeze it. Cheaper than Aldi's or anyplace else - even with a coupon!

LOL! I thought DH and I were the only people who stopped in there just for lunch. We won't make a special trip, since it's 5 miles away, but if we're near there on an errand run, we'll stop in.I bought shredded cheese there a couple of months ago, and think I still have a couple of bags (3 cups each) in the freezer. That was one of the great money-saving things I've done in the past few months. It was so much less expensive than couponing. hmmmm... I should probably dig around in the freezer to see how much is still in there so I can add it to the list for the next trip if I need to.

chefann said:
LOL! I thought DH and I were the only people who stopped in there just for lunch. We won't make a special trip, since it's 5 miles away, but if we're near there on an errand run, we'll stop in.

I bought shredded cheese there a couple of months ago, and think I still have a couple of bags (3 cups each) in the freezer. That was one of the great money-saving things I've done in the past few months. It was so much less expensive than couponing. hmmmm... I should probably dig around in the freezer to see how much is still in there so I can add it to the list for the next trip if I need to.

And easier too! I hate couponing - that's why I shop at Costco as much as possible. Fortunately we have a large upright freezer. :D

Ann - I know lots of people who go to Costco for Lunch (or dinner); we often meet people we know while eating there, and my Costco backs up to a local high school, so you can imagine it's a very busy place at lunch time during the school year.

But then, I live in the heart of the Thrifty Dutch country, and word of a cheap lunch travels fast!

1. What are some easy freezer meal recipes?

Some easy freezer meal recipes include casseroles, soups, stews, and chili. These dishes can be prepared in large batches and frozen in individual portions for quick and convenient meals.

2. Can I freeze raw meat for future use?

Yes, you can freeze raw meat for future use. It is recommended to wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Make sure to label and date the package for easy identification.

3. How long can I store freezer meals?

Most freezer meals can be stored for up to 3 months. However, some dishes may last longer or shorter depending on the ingredients used. It is important to properly label and date all freezer meals for optimal freshness.

4. Can I freeze leftover cooked meals?

Yes, you can freeze leftover cooked meals. Make sure to let the food cool down before placing it in the freezer. It is also recommended to transfer the food into an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

5. What are some tips for reheating freezer meals?

To reheat freezer meals, it is best to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. This will ensure even cooking and prevent any food safety concerns. You can also reheat meals in the microwave or oven, but make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for each dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
julsradford
Replies
Views
ElieQ
  • cookingwithhart
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg