• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Hang a Sign Out Front?

In summary, Sandra Bradley from "Pampered Chef" says that she can't find anywhere in the content that says she can't put up a sign in her front yard. She also says that she has seen car decals from the company and they are okay, but not the best option.
pccbradley
Good Day everyone!!
I am wondering if you can all help me. I live on a very busy street and I have been trying to find out if one can hang a sign out in front of your house. I have the thing that they used to hang the for sale sign on my house still and I was thinking of making a sign up that would say, my name, my number, the company name, my website, my e-mail and set a mail box also with catalogues in it.
I can't find anywhere where it says I can't do this, I also can't find anywhere where it says I can.
If anyone know the answer please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Sandra Bradley

Independant Kitchen Consultant
www.pamperedchef.biz/sandrabradley

One of the supply companies have a sign like that. I just can't remember if it is Nancy's Art or Town & Country.

It's T&C!! I just went and looked it up! It doesn't have any contact info on it, though.

SignsYou need to check with your local town or city hall. Start with the Town Clerk's office. Some towns allow signs on private property and others do not. Certain places only allow for temporary signs like election signs, realty signs or tag sale signs.

Here the three types of signs above are okay, but not signs advertising a business in a residential zone. Even tag sale signs must be removed within a few days of the end of the sale. You can be fined for not removing them.

I just got car decals at my cluster meeting last night. So instead of a yard sign I will be using my van. I park out front of my house and I have lots of traffic that turns around in front of my house because it is basically a dead end. I don't know how well it will work but it is a start to my "walking advertisment".

Car signs & advertisingI live in a very small town of approx. 26,000. I thought the car signs would help out, too, but so far, not so good! Good luck to you all though.

I will pass along my mis-hap for future refernce to you all. Our town is a huge high school football town. Apparently I forgot to remove my vehicle signs before I left for the football game. After the game, an opposing fan helped me back out of my parking space, because there were a lot of people standing around. About 5 minutes passed, and my cell phone rang. It was a "Restricted #", and like the fool I am, I answered it. The group of people who were standing around apparently didn't like it when I thanked the man for helping me back out, so they called me and just asked for "The Pampered Chef lady" (my name is not on the sign, nor is my home phone number, just my cell #). This rude opposing fan, (who I could obviously tell was a young teen age girl) blurted out some obscenities to me. :mad:

Being a Christian woman mother of 4 small children, I bit my tongue & turned my van around and headed back to the school. I found our Resource officer & told him what happened. (My husband is also one of the Coaches & I didn't want this to happen to any one else that night). Later I found out from our resource officer that 1 of thier cheerleaders called me.

So PLEASE don't go anywhere with your personal info on your car, if you don't welcome this negativity. Needless to say, The Pampered Chef sign, stays at home on Friday nights!!! Good thing it was just a teen-aged kid! :)

I agree!I have a little plain PC decal on my back window and I have had a couple people leave me notes with their phone # to contact them about an order. They recognized the logo. I dont think I would ever put my personal info on my car, especially my phone number - there are alot of crazy people in this world! Sad but true!

I agreeI saw that you said you had the logos after I posted. That may definitely be safer than my signs! I haven't had the courage to put it back on my van yet! I've made up my mind, that if I'm out just running errands, I may have it on the car, but not parked at a football game.

I have our school logo window decals, too, so it was obvious that I wasn't one of their fans. (The girl could tell where I was from!)

Good luck with the decals! I don't know where in NC that you are, but do you know Sheila Schmidt?

thanks for the warningI got my decals from my director they don't have any personal info on them they just say " The Pampered Chef the kitchen store that comes to your door" However something to keep in mind is if you have tinted windows the decals will not show up through the tint.:( My van came with factory tint on the back windows so my decals are on the driver and passenger side windows. My director has her name, and website info on her car but no phone numbers.

Logo StickerI got mine from Nancys Artworks. It is about 5" square and looks good on the corner of my back window. Best of all, it goes on the outside so it is good for tinted windows.
http://www.nancys-artworks.com/pc/pages/advertising.htm

I'll see if this link works..... item #659

Car DecalsI have the plain white lettered "The Pampered Chef" decals from Nancy's Artwork - they go on the outside of your vehicle so they work great with the privacy tint which my car has.

LOL HEATHER!!! Great minds think alike!

1. Can I hang a sign out front of my house?

Yes, you can hang a sign out front of your house as long as it complies with any local regulations or homeowners association rules.

2. Can I hang a sign out front of my apartment?

It depends on the policies of your apartment complex. Some may allow signs to be hung on the door or in a designated area, while others may not allow any signage.

3. Can I hang a sign out front of my business?

Yes, you can hang a sign out front of your business as long as it complies with any local regulations or zoning laws. You may also need to obtain a permit before hanging a sign.

4. Can I use a specific type of material for my sign?

It is best to check with your local government or homeowners association for any restrictions on materials for signs. Some may have limitations on size, color, or material used.

5. How do I hang a sign securely?

To hang a sign securely, it is recommended to use strong and durable materials such as screws or nails. Make sure to also properly measure and level the sign before hanging it. If unsure, it is always best to consult a professional for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • pattidailey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Rebecca Clive