• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Fun at a Gold Buying Party with TS Consultants | DS Companies Welcome!

In summary, a former guest from a show (who is also a TS consultant) sent me a message today saying a friend of hers is having a gold buying party, and is interested in having DS consultants from various companies there for her guests to spend their money. Anyone done anything like this before? So, the guests get paid for their gold, then hopefully turn around and spend the money on PC, TS, and other products? Interesting concept, but doesn't sound like you'll have time for a demo. Will you be able to set up a table in a mini-fair style? When will this take place?
NooraK
Gold Member
A former guest from a show (who is also a TS consultant) sent me a message today saying a friend of hers is having a gold buying party, and is interested in having DS consultants from various companies there for her guests to spend their money.

Anyone done anything like this before?

So, the guests get paid for their gold, then hopefully turn around and spend the money on PC, TS, and other products? Interesting concept, but doesn't sound like you'll have time for a demo. Will you be able to set up a table in a mini-fair style? When will this take place? If it's in September, I'd do it as cash and carry, with all the sauces, some rubs, a few small items, etc.

I've done one. It was almost like I had a "booth" inside someone's home. There were four vendors. I probably sold $180 of catalog items. Cash and carry might have worked better since they had cash but I didn't do that. I was amazed at the amount of money some people got however there needed to be a bunch more people to make it worth it. I was set up across from the gold guy which worked out well. People would sit and wait for him to go through their stuff and I'd get a chance to talk to them. No bookings or recruit leads but it would have been possible with a different crowd.The host was in the midst of a divorce and that was the main topic. Not a lot of positive energy....Good luck....

I didn't get a lot of info, justa message asking if I wanted her to pass on my number. I responded just to say to go ahead and send on my information, I'm sure I can get some of my questions answered by the person actually setting up the party.

I don't really have any C&C, and I don't really want to invest in any either. It's also this coming Saturday, which is DH's poker night, so I would have to find someone to watch DS (although his godmother's been asking when she can watch him again).

Then again, I'm less than $100 away from $750 in sales this month which would qualify me to get paid as a Senior Consultant...

I say go for it Noora....people will be looking to buy....you can have some display items....and make some great contacts. I also wouldn't invest in C&C...have a "Win a Free Cooking Show" Drawing....

NooraK said:
I didn't get a lot of info, justa message asking if I wanted her to pass on my number. I responded just to say to go ahead and send on my information, I'm sure I can get some of my questions answered by the person actually setting up the party.

I don't really have any C&C, and I don't really want to invest in any either. It's also this coming Saturday, which is DH's poker night, so I would have to find someone to watch DS (although his godmother's been asking when she can watch him again).

I've done something like this, I just demoed our Salsa w/scoops, got over 200. in orders. It was pretty far away, so I made the lady the host & told everyone the products would come to her house. They were fine with it...HTH

I'd say go for it too, if she is not charging you anything. Promote bookings big time! And recruiting (want more gold in your future? consider our business oppty... type of thing). Good for you. A booking is a booking.

I did this in my home actually a few months ago. I set out the quick stir pitchers (one with lemonade and one with water), I had a bock of cream cheese with the pineapple rum sauce on top with crackers around it on the bamboo, and had the oil dippings with bread for them to try. I got a number of orders and I think 2 bookings. It's worth a try. :)

So it looks like I'll have to find a baby sitter :)

Thank you for the input everyone!

1. What is a Gold Buying Party?

A Gold Buying Party is an event hosted by TS Consultants | DS Companies where participants can bring their unwanted or broken gold jewelry to sell for cash. It is a fun and convenient way to get rid of unwanted items and make some extra money.

2. How do I join a Gold Buying Party?

To join a Gold Buying Party, you can contact a TS Consultants | DS Companies representative or host and ask for an invitation. You can also check their website or social media pages for upcoming events in your area.

3. Do I need to bring anything to the party?

Yes, you will need to bring your unwanted or broken gold jewelry to sell. It is also recommended to bring a valid form of identification, such as a driver's license, for the purchasing process.

4. Can I bring other types of jewelry or items to sell?

While the focus of the party is on buying gold, you can also bring other items such as silver, platinum, or coins to sell. However, it is best to check with the host beforehand to make sure they accept these items.

5. How much money can I expect to make at a Gold Buying Party?

The amount of money you can make at a Gold Buying Party will depend on the current market value of gold and the quality and weight of your items. TS Consultants | DS Companies prides themselves on providing fair and competitive prices for all items purchased at their parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookiebug
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • flemings99