• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director ATE'S GOLD PARTY COMBO: Scam or Opportunity?

In summary, Suzanne is looking for a consultant to help her with her gold home party business. She claims that she can increase sales by paying customers in cash and providing refreshments. However, this seems like a scam and I would not recommend combining parties with her.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I saw on the fb PC page that someone was looking for a consultant in the area where I have two team members. I sent her a message asking what she wanted and here's what she sent back:

Hi Kate!
I was curious because I do gold home parties and help out reps by doing combo parties. I attend the parties and put cash in the guests hands so they have plenty of money for your items. I also supply free refreshments and invites. Plus pay the host and you a commission! I will travel too. SO if you want to triple your reps sales give me a call and I can explain further!
Thanks!
Suzanne
www.thegoldpartygirl.com

I need your opinion on how to say "this seems like a scam and why would we want to do that" in a nice way. And/or, should I send this on to my consultants? I just don't get a good feeling from it and I prefer not to "combine" parties even if it is in this way. It just seems fishy to have someone pay the guests, pay the consultant and host and supply food and invites - she must not be paying much for the gold. And really, if I got an invite to something like this, I wouldn't go because I don't have any gold to sell! Someone set me straight on this.

K

I had a home office lead with this. And she was not based in MI where I live. Basically, what's she's saying is true... they pay cash and the customers in turn, will supposedly spend it with you. Doesn't always happen that way but sometimes they will spend.What she is trying to do is piggy back on a PC party to get customers for herself. Where I live, there was a rush about 3 years ago on home gold parties. Now if you want to have one, you need to obtain a permit.I'd go with your initial gut reaction and avoid it.

Oh.. and I did this once. The host had the gold people there and 5 ds companies. I sold a little but not enough to make a show. The people spent their $$ on the cash & carry items other people had.

I hope she doesn't go through the lead system. I do want to tell her not to because she is wasting a precious lead for the local consultants.

I've heard of the gold shows, but haven't had to deal with them in Japan. Is she inviting all the guests or wanting your team to do that? If it's all current PC customers, you have to give them credit for smart marketing. LOL You are basically herding in your customers for their profit. ;)

I'd probably stick with legitimate multi vendor events vs. something like that. Just my 2 cents. ;)

What is included in the Gold Party Combo?

The Gold Party Combo includes 10 of our top-selling products, including the Quick Cooker, Mix 'N Scraper, and Veggie Strip Maker. It also comes with a $20 Pampered Chef gift card and a free product of your choice.

How much does the Gold Party Combo cost?

The Gold Party Combo is priced at $199, which is a savings of over $200 compared to purchasing each product separately. Plus, with the added gift card and free product, it's an even better deal!

Can I customize the products included in the Gold Party Combo?

Unfortunately, the products included in the Gold Party Combo cannot be customized. However, you can choose your free product from a selection of options to best fit your needs and preferences.

How can I host a Gold Party Combo event?

You can host a Gold Party Combo event by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will work with you to schedule a date and time for the party and provide you with all the information and materials you need.

Are there any additional perks for hosting a Gold Party Combo event?

Yes, there are additional perks for hosting a Gold Party Combo event, including exclusive host rewards and discounts, as well as the opportunity to earn free products. Contact your consultant for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • cookingwithlove