• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Start Selling Pampered Chef in 2010

In summary, the main thing to remember is to be prepared, book shows now, and take advantage of the incentives that are available.
jessneeley
Gold Member
I will begin my PC business in January and I am looking for any tips or hints that people wish they would have known when they started. I want to be as prepared as possible January 1 so that I can hit the ground running. Any advise, comments, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Get your bookings lined up NOW! Ask Everyone! Hold your own Grandopening Business party. If you have kids, think about a Mommy and Me type party. Offer cooking classes for budget freindly meals or power cooking meals. Look in the file section for 118 booking ideas ;). Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head. Welcome and Good luck!

I was also going to say get your bookings lined up before you order the kit. I signed up with 6 shows on my schedule, including my own. Be prepared to ask EVERYONE at every show if they are interested in the business opportunity and if they'd like to earn their own free products by hosting a show with you. In the meantime, practice some recipes and learn as much as you can about the benefits of the business, hosting a show and our products. Looks like you'll be starting off the new year right!

First of all, consider signing on Dec 31st so that you can have the extra 30 days of incentives! December Recruiting FlyerI agree, if you can get several Cooking Show commitments on your calendar, you'll have a very successful start.Don't forget that you get a Kit Enhancement in your 4th month ... up to $500 in retail value at 40% off. So save those Pampered Chef Dollars that you earn & make them go further! Every consultant gets a Kit Enhancement in April, so be prepared for 2 of those back to back. If your 4th month falls in April, they will bump it to May. ;)

If at all possible order your kit so that you have it in time for Jan 1st. There is a promotion going on at the beginning of January for extra points for shows that you submit the 5th-10th. So you definitely want to have shows then. Most important, and it will make starting your business SOOO much easier, is book shows now, like everyone said. Other than that, you can look around here for flyers to get your name out there and to get ideas of different specials etc. I learned a lot from here before I signed up.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
Keep it simple!
Use the materials they give you. They do work.
Take advantage of the trainings and conferences.

Good luck!

Do all you can to qualify in your first 30 days. Get someone to sign under you immediately, and help them qualify in their first 30 days. Take advantage of all the incentives you'll earn, and PAY ATTENTION to what it takes to earn them, and in what time period.

I truly regret not working harder in my first 30 days, and earning everything I could - I didn't even get the free knives I wanted, which is why I signed at the time I did.

I would echo pretty much everything that everyone else has said - some great advice on here! Here's what I'll add:

Choose quick and simple recipes that will showcase as many products as possible. The Three Cheese Garden Pizza that comes with your kit is a great one to start with. And practice the recipes until you know them like the back of your hand - this will make you more comfortable and convincing during your show! This may sound silly, but it also helped me to actually verbally practice things I really wanted to say at my show - things like booking and recruiting seeds, as well as phrases to really highlight the value of certain products. That way I didn't have to think so hard during the show itself - things just flowed out of my mouth a lot easier!

Consider doing the interactive shows! I've taken a poll at my shows, all the hosts/guests who have attended the sit-down demo in the past said that they LOVED the interactive show & would prefer only those in the future. :DYou let the guests make the recipe and you don't have to worry about if something goes wrong or gets a little too brown in the oven ... because the GUEST did it! LOL It makes for a much more relaxed & fun environment. You are not performing and you don't have them up at the table one at time performing. Everyone works together as a group to get the job done & they get to chat in the interim. I take that opportunity to point out easier ways to use the tools when I see them working harder than they should. Then I get the "ahhhhh" moments from the group. ;) Works like a charm!!! Consultant Connection says that my cooking show average is $755.28, but that includes all the low shows before I really learned how to host coach. It's been much higher the last few months. ;)Oh, HOST COACH! Don't just book the show & then wait until time to show up to talk to them again. Give them ideas on how to spread the word, encourage them to use your web page for online invites (if you choose to have one) and if so, have them follow up & personally e-mail the ones who didn't open the online invitation. Have them CALL the RSVPs 2 days before the show & leave a message that they are looking forward to seeing the guest on (Saturday at 6), etc. The more they advertise, the better they will do!I just went with my recruit to do her 3rd cooking show only because it was 4 interactive recipes and an RSVP count of 20-30 and she was afraid she would be overwhelmed that new into the game. The host was disappointed that ONLY (her word, not mine) 14 showed up. And they didn't hit the "average $60 per person" quota like she had hoped. Her show sales were ONLY (again, her word, not mine) $673.75. I told her that I had a host who ONLY had 9 show up, took 11 outside orders & had a $1,300 show. I encouraged her to follow up with the ones who were expected to attend & didn't show. She did. They closed last night at $1,000. :D Sometimes all it takes is believing that it's possible to achieve a goal. ;)Now go get 'em Tiger! LOL

I think you are already off to a fabulous start!! Congratulations on joining the "family" and on your new business!!

scrappergirl7 said:
I... practice the recipes ...

Oh Definitely!! It definitely shows when you don't know what you're doing. I went to a show to see how they did things and they definitely didn't practice the recipe. they did the garden pizza and it didn't even look right.

While I was waiting for my new consultant kit to show up I went online and did a lot of the online training. That helped a lot too.

You guys are the best!!! All wonderful advice I will start using ASAP!!! Thank you and if you think of anything else, please share!

jessneeley said:
You guys are the best!!! All wonderful advice I will start using ASAP!!! Thank you and if you think of anything else, please share!

This forum is also great for finding ideas! Do File searches for just about any topic and you will find documents or threads of info! :) Good luck!:chef:

I thought about advertising my PC business on Craiglist...has anyone done this and how was the feedback? I also thought about putting flyers and business cards in the Hair/Nail salons in town, has anyone tried this idea? (I am relatively new to my area so I will definitely have to be creative with my advertising) Any other creative, relatively inexpensive advertising ideas out there?

jessneeley said:
I thought about advertising my PC business on Craiglist...has anyone done this and how was the feedback? I also thought about putting flyers and business cards in the Hair/Nail salons in town, has anyone tried this idea? (I am relatively new to my area so I will definitely have to be creative with my advertising) Any other creative, relatively inexpensive advertising ideas out there?

It's against policy to advertise on Craigslist, FB, etc. Flyers and cards in salons is a great idea!

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products. Our mission is to help people find joy in the kitchen and make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through our website or through a consultant you know. You will need to purchase a starter kit and attend training sessions to get started.

What are the benefits of selling Pampered Chef products?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn a commission on your sales, receive discounts on products, and have the opportunity to earn free trips and other rewards. You also have the flexibility to work your own schedule and be your own boss.

Do I need to have cooking experience to sell Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not need to have cooking experience to sell Pampered Chef products. Our products are designed to be easy to use and come with recipes and tips to help you and your customers create delicious meals.

How can I promote and market my Pampered Chef business?

There are many ways to promote and market your Pampered Chef business, such as hosting cooking parties, setting up a booth at local events, and using social media to reach potential customers. We also provide marketing materials and resources to help you grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
  • CAPCnewbie