• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Court: Fighting for Custody of My Son | Monday, 9:30am PST

In summary, my son will be going back to his dad's tonight. I will be going back to court on October 5th to try to get him back.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I will be heading to court on Monday at 9:30 am PST to see if we still get to continue to have custody of my oldest DS. Any prayer's would be appreciated. It also look's like my DH will not be able to be there :cry:, because he has to drop off our middle DS at school at 8:55 am.

I am nervous because if we don't win this battle it is over and DS will have to return to a school that he doesn't want to and his Dad's. He doesn't want to live with his Dad and he want's to stay in the school he is in now, he loves his teacher and classmates. He loves the opportunity.

Thanks for all of your support that you have given me this last month.

Last edited:
Lots of prayers going up between now and Monday morning, Laurie.

Been exactly in your shoes. Nervous time right now. Do you have a Church family? Many prayers from me for you and your son's continued well being. Will be waiting to hear good news Monday!

Prayers said.

Praying for you and your family in NM...

Praying for you and your DS. How old is he? Can he speak to the judge? At 10, my DD would have been able to speak to the judge but my ex backed off when he saw her and my mother in the courtroom on a child support/visitation issue.

I've done some research, since my DD is 12 and in a similiar situation. In nebraska 12 is legal to talk to the judge to hear her views. But in other states it's 14.
I did alot of googling to find answers. There is also a lady in colorado that helps deal with idiot ex spouses. I googled: "dealing with difficult ex husbands" and got lots of help!I love google.

Prayers being said! What an awful place to have to be...

There isn't a set age that he can talk to the judge. He (DS, who will be 10 next month) actually wanted to go to court and tell the judge everything he has seen and been a victim to at his Dad's, however, my attorney said "absolutley not!" He is hoping that we will be able to get a Guardian Ad Litem for DS.

Thanks for your prayers. It is going to be a long 3 1/2 hrs.

Praying today, Laurie!

I'm praying too. Father God, you know Your plans for this dear child. Please send angels of protection all round about Laurie and her son. Bind Satan in Jesus name and let truth reign! May You, and Your Almighty Power show forth truth, give clarity and justice to the heart and mind of the judge and free this precious child from any harm. May You be glorified even in this most difficult situation. Give Laurie courage, calm and strength. Her mama heart waits in fear and longing to have what is best for her son. Please hear and move and overcome in Jesus name. Thank you for giving up Your own Son that we may come before Your throne with this request. Amen and Amen

I am back from court and it didn't go so well. DS will go to his dad's tonight. :cry: He will come home next Tuesday. I am hoping and praying that his Dad will continue to let him attend school were he is.

I look at it as we lost this battle, but have not lost the war. Now if I can focus on work. Probably not, but I will try. We go back to court on October 5th.

If you dont' mind me asking, what are the reasons he is being placed w/ his father and not his mother?

chefsteph07 said:
If you dont' mind me asking, what are the reasons he is being placed w/ his father and not his mother?

My ex has had residential custody of my oldest since our divorce was final 7 years ago. The court feel's that the threat that was in my ex's home is no longer there and we should return to our original parenting plan.

I got screwed in my divorce big time, or I should say my DS did. He so badly want's to just stay here with us. It broke my heart having to tell him he was going to go to his Dad's tonight. He started crying and then so did I again. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, Laurie. I'm so sorry! I have tears in my eyes for you. My heart aches for you. If I was close, I'd give you a great big hug! Prayers for you, your son, your husband & other child(ren).

Oh Laurie. I am just so in shock. Ok, let's go to plan B. when you talk to your son, be upbeat about your ex's home. Help him adjust. Tell him you are upset that he's not with you, but all will work out. Remind him that you are there for him, only a phone call away. Right now his world is what the focus has to be on. Let him know that although you are disappointed, his dad will watch him and care about his life. (if that's true, don't lie, but the gist is keep him upbeat).
As a parent, especially a divorced one. We don't get a total say in our kids lives and that sucks the big one.
Read over the phone, get a joke book, talk about something you're watching on tv at the same time. That's what I did with my daughter before I got her back. longest 6 weeks of my life. (summer visitation)You have dealt with him living at his house before. You will have to do this again. Courts are not fair. attorneys are wrong at times. mistakes are made all the time where the innocent are hurt. Basically, life is not fair.Go for a walk, throw some dishes, beat the porch post with a broom. Yell at someone.
Let it out. scream. scream all the dirty words you know. I did that once in my bathroom and just started laughing. It sounded so funny to be yelling every dirty word I knew to myself. Be careful. Be good to yourself. God loves you and your son and unfortunately your ex husband. Though we don't know why. But he does. So give the situation to him. Tell God it's now his problem do deal with, but hurry, you ain't gonna wait long.

pamperedpals said:
My ex has had residential custody of my oldest since our divorce was final 7 years ago. The court feel's that the threat that was in my ex's home is no longer there and we should return to our original parenting plan.

I got screwed in my divorce big time, or I should say my DS did. He so badly want's to just stay here with us. It broke my heart having to tell him he was going to go to his Dad's tonight. He started crying and then so did I again. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry, so this was a temp custody thing w/ him living w/ you? I am so sad for you...and him...he should be old enough now to decide for himself where he wants to go, otherwise, I worry that he will rebel in your ex's home and that's not good for anyone. Maybe give it some time, see how he does, and then visit the idea of him coming to live w/ you again in a year. The older he gets the better, that way he can make a clear decision to a judge if he wants to come with you or him. I feel bad for your son too, that's alot of transition that he has to go through needlessly. Keep us posted!!!

I am so sorry you are going through this. And, my heart goes out to your little boy! The hardest part of being a parent is seeing your child hurting and that there is little you feel like you can do to help. {{Hugs to you}}

Thanks everyone. My heart is hurting so bad right now. I feel like I have lost my DS for ever and he is going to be home next Tuesday night. I tucked my other two little ones in and then just sat in his room and cried.

I have screamed in my head to God "What did I do so wrong to make you so angry with me. Can't you see that I only want what is best for my child and I would do anything to make that happen?" I feel like such a failure!

I want my son back!:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Awww... God is not angry with you! Maybe he is giving your ex enough rope! Things will work out! A zebra can only hid his stripes for so long!

1. What do I need to bring with me to court on Monday?

You should bring any relevant legal documents, such as a copy of your summons or complaint, any evidence or witness statements, and a form of identification. It is also a good idea to dress professionally and arrive early.

2. Can I bring a friend or family member with me to court?

Yes, you are allowed to bring a support person with you to court. However, they may not be able to speak on your behalf or act as your legal representation. It is best to check with the court beforehand to see if there are any restrictions on who can accompany you.

3. Do I need a lawyer for my court appearance on Monday?

This depends on the nature of your case. If it is a small claims or traffic court case, you may represent yourself. However, for more serious legal matters, it is highly recommended to seek the assistance of a lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected.

4. How long will my court appearance on Monday take?

The length of your court appearance will depend on the complexity of your case and the court's schedule. It is best to be prepared for a few hours, but it is always a good idea to check with the court beforehand for a more accurate estimate.

5. What is the best way to prepare for my court appearance on Monday?

Make sure to review any relevant documents, refresh your memory on the details of your case, and dress appropriately. It is also helpful to practice answering potential questions or arguments that may be brought up in court. Remember to remain calm and respectful during your appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pamperedpals