• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Another Consultants Show

In summary, Shannon advises Boomer to attend another consultant's show to get ideas and learn new techniques.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
HI, hope this is the right place to post this. I just met another consultant that doesnt live to far away from me. She has invited me to one of her shows on monday and to get together to do some things together..like co-hosting a show and i told her about the craft fair i do every month. has anybody else went to another consultnats show before? to me it would seem intrusive maybe? i'm not sure....any thoughts on it?

I have never been to another consultants show but we were told at our spring kick off if we could observe other consultants shows or our directos to do it, you could pick up some new ideas.

I love going to other consultants' shows. You get some fresh new ideas and it can really spruce up your own show and style because everyone does them differently. Matter of fact, Directors in our area rotate monthly and do a Training Cooking Show/Cooking Show Live for all area consultants. We all come as "guests" and contribute $2 each for the cost of ingredients. We talk as consultants for a second, but then we all take off the consultant hat and act as guests while the Consultant does the show. I always come away learning something. Plus, they are all people who've been in the business longer, so I really soak up the ideas.

I'd say go for it! And if she joins you with that booth, that should decrease the cost of it for you! :)

I had another consultant come to one of my shows. She took notes and got some ideas for her shows. I think it is a good idea. It keeps your shows from becoming mundane.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

thanks for the input. I probably will go just mainly because i dont have much contact with my director. she is a teacher, in graduate school, and does alot of shows a month, and she lives to far for me to go to meetings with. so maybe i can swap ideas with this girl.

must doI think it's a great idea to attend other consultant's shows. When I first signed, my Director invited me to her next show so that I could get a feel for what to expect and get some ideas on how to actually present the show. It was a great help! I didnt feel nearly as nervous at my first show since I had something to base it on. Of course I didnt "copy" her show, just took bits and pieces and made it my own.
Then at my open house in Sept. I had a friend, who is also a consultant, at my show. I was a little nervous since she would know how it was "supposed" to go. But she thought I did a great job and asked if she could incorporate parts of my show into hers. Just the feedback alone was a booster to my confidence.
My cluster has just started it's own version of "Kitchen Show Live". Each month it rotates to a different Director and all of the consultants can sign up to attend. It costs us $2 to cover food costs. The director actually does a whole show and then we can ask questions after. During the show we are "guests" and pretend to ask question or offer tips just like our guests would do at our shows. It gives you a fresh look at other people's shows and gives you new ideas to work into your own. You can also pick up a lot of things that work for other people that you may not be doing.
I would say go to the other consultant's show. Be sure to ask her if she wants you to help or just observe. You can never get too much training!

What should I bring to another consultant's show?

It's always a good idea to bring your own personal shopping list and any specific products you may want to purchase. You may also want to bring cash or a credit card, as well as a pen and paper to take notes.

Do I need to RSVP for another consultant's show?

Yes, it's important to RSVP so the consultant knows how many guests to expect and can plan accordingly. This also ensures there will be enough samples and materials for everyone attending.

Can I bring a friend to another consultant's show?

Of course! The more the merrier. Just make sure to let the consultant know ahead of time so they can prepare for any additional guests.

Do I need to purchase something at another consultant's show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at another consultant's show. However, keep in mind that the consultant is hosting the show to share Pampered Chef products with you, so it's always appreciated if you support their business.

Should I eat before attending another consultant's show?

It's up to you! Some consultants may offer light refreshments during the show, but it's always a good idea to eat beforehand if you're unsure. You don't want to be too hungry or too full during the presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Mvpchef
  • abrahamlaur
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • Niki Kate