• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Vendor's Fair Experience: Tips and Ideas from a First-Timer

In summary, preparing for a vendor's fair involves having all necessary products and materials ready, creating a price list and business cards, and maintaining a professional appearance and positive attitude. The amount of inventory to bring should be more than expected but manageable. Offering discounts or specials can attract customers, but it's important to calculate costs beforehand. Making your booth stand out can be achieved through an eye-catching display, interactive demonstrations, and offering samples or freebies. Following up with potential customers after the fair is important for converting leads to sales.
PamperedJess
Hi Everyone

I'm going to a Vendor's Fair for Discovery Toys; Usbourne Books; Shakley; Tastefully Simple; Creative Memories. I was wondering if I should make a receipe and have it there? I've never been to a fair before and I don't know what to expect. I'm ordering more catalogs and some of the mini catalogs too. I need bookings so that's why I'm doing this. Any ideas would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks
Jess

I would try to have something small there. Do you know about how many they are expecting? It all depends though...I would only be willing to make so many tartlets!! You could set up a testing station where people can try the products out for themselves. That way you can buy a bunch of lemons, cucumbers, broccoli, etc. I would have onions out because they might make your station smell bad :p ! I would also have the SA's displayed out nicely. Tis the season for entertaining! Definitley have a drawing for a few free kitchen shows or maybe even a free stone. And ofcourse have those host benefits displayed where everyone can see them! HTH!

I'd offer a promotion like "book a show today and get the new round stone absolutely free!" (This could just be me, but I don't like calling it the small round stone in situations like this!) You could have a drawing for a freebie, too. "Enter to win--$100 in free Pampered Chef products (a.k.a., a free show ;) )" Or you could list 2 or 3 things you have on hand in addition to the show...but getting back with them to hand them a $15 free garlic press could be a little bit of a hassle.

Good luck, I hope you get lots of bookings & leads!

1. How do I prepare for a vendor's fair?

Before the vendor's fair, make sure you have all of your products and display materials ready. It's also a good idea to create a price list and have plenty of business cards or flyers to hand out. And don't forget to dress professionally and bring a positive attitude!

2. How much inventory should I bring to a vendor's fair?

This can vary depending on the size of the fair and the type of products you are selling. It's always better to have more inventory than you think you'll need, so you don't run out. However, it's also important to not bring too much inventory that it becomes overwhelming to manage.

3. Should I offer discounts or specials at a vendor's fair?

Offering discounts or specials can be a great way to attract customers and stand out from other vendors. Just make sure to calculate your costs and profit margins beforehand to ensure the discounts are sustainable for your business.

4. How can I make my booth stand out at a vendor's fair?

Having an eye-catching display and offering interactive demonstrations are great ways to make your booth stand out. You can also offer samples or freebies to attract attention and engage with potential customers.

5. Is it important to follow up with potential customers after a vendor's fair?

Yes, following up with potential customers is crucial to turning leads into sales. Make sure to collect contact information and reach out to them within a few days after the fair to thank them for stopping by and offer any additional information or special promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingabcs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • memphisbarbie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kristyn
  • kcmckay