1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Going inactive

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Well, I'm about to go inactive. This new policy... I didn't have a show in April... I had one scheduled but it was postponed and I already hit everyone I know up for sales to stay active in February (turns out I didn't need to, my other show came through), but regardless... I have no sales and no shows. I have a show first thing in May, but that won't help April... This kind of sucks, because now I have to start at square one as far as commission, right? Anyway, I guess I just needed to tell someone that gets it, every time I tell someone in my family, they just say "Oh" so, there, I said it... I suck!:rolleyes:

Apr 24, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

NO! That is the beauty of the new structure. You don't lose your career sales or recruits if you are inactive for a month. I think it's 2 months of inactivity before you lose anything....

Apr 24, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

Oh Yay!!! Thank you Becky! I was just thinking that I should go to CC and study a little bit to find out exactly what would happen... Thanks!!! I feel better!

Apr 24, 2009
  4. maassl

maassl Guest

Good news from page 28:

"Inactive Consultant
    A Consultant (of any level) is considered inactive for
    the month if she submits less than $150 in personal
    commissionable sales.
    • Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and
    be deducted from the commission check as soon as a
    Consultant is active in a month
    • After two months of continuous inactivity, a Consultant
    (of any level) will lose her career sales, as well as her 2%
    commission increase (if already earned).
    • Consultants (at any level) do not lose their recruits after
    two consecutive inactive months. We want Consultants
    who have already started building a team to re-engage
    in the business with their team in place."

You don't lose your sales, just don't get consultant news, I think, which you can read online anyway. Good news! Just make sure you close a show in May!

Apr 24, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

Thank you!!! I can live without the Consultant News... save paper anyway! I will definitely be closing a show in May, so now I can breath easier! Thanks!

Apr 24, 2009
  6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Too funny. This could have been me writing the same thing, exactly! Show for April cancelled, have one on 5/1!

I don't understand why they are going through with claiming you inactive for a month, if it is really 2 months and you don't lose the extra 2% commission. Let's just all it inactive after 2 months.

Apr 24, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

I know, right? I'm glad, but don't understand why they put it that way... oh well... at least we won't lose our 2%!!!

Apr 24, 2009
  8. Pamperedva

Pamperedva Member Gold Member

Is "Leave of Absense" still available? Low and behold, we are coming up on another major military move in July. I have my sales for April, nothing for May and 1 show scheduled for June.
    V

Apr 24, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There isn't a Leave of Absence by that name. You can get a 1 month extension on the requirements, once a year. If your June show is submitted in June, then you can go with nothing submitted in July and still maintain your career sales. You would then have to submit $150 in August to keep them. By using the extension, you could skip August and submit $150 in September. But with a little planning, it's completely possible to have catalog shows running so that you don't even need to use the extension.

Apr 24, 2009
  10. pamperedval

pamperedval Member Gold Member

As far as being considered "inactive" for the one month - it doesn't affect you - but it affects your upline. People get paid $10 for each "active" person in their clusters.

I think that is the reason why they use the label - but it is a little disconcerting to think of yourself as "incactive" when you really still have a month to pull something together!

Apr 24, 2009
  11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Inactive status does affect you for the next month - you won't get the mailed newsletter. If you're inactive for April (less than $150 submitted), then you won't get the May newsletter, for example.

Apr 24, 2009
  12. maassl

maassl Guest

Do you have anyone to do catalog shows for you? Have you listened to the "movers and shakers" mp3 on the Online Training Center resources? I would highly recommend it. It has some great ideas.

Good luck with your move. I am moving in May/ June. I have shows to hold me over in May at the beginning of May and at least one catalog show in June. I am needing to make some calls to get Catty shows for June, July, Aug while settling in and getting my business going in my new city.

Apr 24, 2009
  13. Pamperedva

Pamperedva Member Gold Member

I'm a pro at moving my business, this will be my 5th major move in the business. In almost 13 yrs, I have never used a leave of absense for anything.

The only difference this time is my husbands position. The truth is, his new position requires us to live on base and I am in no way allowed to mention that I am a PC. I am not to do any business with anyone associated on base what so ever. In the past that has never been a problem, I usually don't do shows with anyone in the military unless they ask me anyway. This time, even if they ask, I am to turn them down, at least if they are associated to the base.

I'm really bummed because I recently ordered the car advertisements and now I can't even use them. I wish they would bring back the magnetic sign, at least I could put that on my car once I am away from the base.

Hmmm, I just had a thought, I suppose I could put my clings on poster board and then set them up in my window when I am not on base.

Anyway, just thinking out loud I guess. V

Apr 24, 2009
  14. ChefPaulaB

Okay, I went inactive for April but I'm ready to close a show for May (just barely made it as a show, but it's over $150, so I'm good)... so do I need to do something to become active again, or do I just submit my show and automatically become active? My show is ready to close, so I want to do it as soon as possible, but need to make sure that I don't have to do anything else first... Thanks!

May 15, 2009
  15. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

nope, you just submit it

May 15, 2009
  16. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

just submit and you are good!

May 15, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

With the new career plan, any month where you submit $150 in sales, you are considered active. So much simpler than the old rolling two month deal!

May 15, 2009
  18. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

Once you submit your $150 show, you'll be active again for May. You don't need to "do anything" unless you've been inactive for over 6 months and need to "re-sign up" as a consultant again. If you were only inactive for the month of April, you just need to submit the show.

19. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

congrats Paula!

May 15, 2009
  20. ChefPaulaB

Thank you everyone!

May 15, 2009
  21. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Great going! :)

May 15, 2009