• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing Inactivity: My Story of Struggle with a New Policy

In summary, the conversation revolved around a new policy where a consultant is considered inactive if they do not submit at least $150 in personal commissionable sales for the month. After two months of continuous inactivity, the consultant will lose their career sales and 2% commission increase. However, they will not lose their recruits. The group discussed the implications of this policy and how it affects their sales and commission. They also shared their relief and understanding of the policy, and made plans to ensure they close a show in May to stay active.
ChefPaulaB
Well, I'm about to go inactive. This new policy... I didn't have a show in April... I had one scheduled but it was postponed and I already hit everyone I know up for sales to stay active in February (turns out I didn't need to, my other show came through), but regardless... I have no sales and no shows. I have a show first thing in May, but that won't help April... This kind of sucks, because now I have to start at square one as far as commission, right? Anyway, I guess I just needed to tell someone that gets it, every time I tell someone in my family, they just say "Oh" so, there, I said it... I suck!:rolleyes:

ChefPaulaB said:
Well, I'm about to go inactive. This new policy... I didn't have a show in April... I had one scheduled but it was postponed and I already hit everyone I know up for sales to stay active in February (turns out I didn't need to, my other show came through), but regardless... I have no sales and no shows. I have a show first thing in May, but that won't help April... This kind of sucks, because now I have to start at square one as far as commission, right? Anyway, I guess I just needed to tell someone that gets it, every time I tell someone in my family, they just say "Oh" so, there, I said it... I suck!:rolleyes:

NO! That is the beauty of the new structure. You don't lose your career sales or recruits if you are inactive for a month. I think it's 2 months of inactivity before you lose anything....

Oh Yay!!! Thank you Becky! I was just thinking that I should go to CC and study a little bit to find out exactly what would happen... Thanks!!! I feel better!

Good news from page 28:"Inactive Consultant
A Consultant (of any level) is considered inactive for
the month if she submits less than $150 in personal
commissionable sales.
• Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and
be deducted from the commission check as soon as a
Consultant is active in a month
• After two months of continuous inactivity, a Consultant
(of any level) will lose her career sales, as well as her 2%
commission increase (if already earned).
• Consultants (at any level) do not lose their recruits after
two consecutive inactive months. We want Consultants
who have already started building a team to re-engage
in the business with their team in place."You don't lose your sales, just don't get consultant news, I think, which you can read online anyway. Good news! Just make sure you close a show in May!

maassl said:
Good news from page 28:

"Inactive Consultant
A Consultant (of any level) is considered inactive for
the month if she submits less than $150 in personal
commissionable sales.
• Liability insurance will accumulate while inactive and
be deducted from the commission check as soon as a
Consultant is active in a month
• After two months of continuous inactivity, a Consultant
(of any level) will lose her career sales, as well as her 2%
commission increase (if already earned).
• Consultants (at any level) do not lose their recruits after
two consecutive inactive months. We want Consultants
who have already started building a team to re-engage
in the business with their team in place."

You don't lose your sales, just don't get consultant news, I think, which you can read online anyway. Good news! Just make sure you close a show in May!

Thank you!!! I can live without the Consultant News... save paper anyway! I will definitely be closing a show in May, so now I can breath easier! Thanks!

ChefPaulaB said:

Too funny. This could have been me writing the same thing, exactly! Show for April cancelled, have one on 5/1!

I don't understand why they are going through with claiming you inactive for a month, if it is really 2 months and you don't lose the extra 2% commission. Let's just all it inactive after 2 months.

gailz2 said:
Too funny. This could have been me writing the same thing, exactly! Show for April cancelled, have one on 5/1!I don't understand why they are going through with claiming you inactive for a month, if it is really 2 months and you don't lose the extra 2% commission. Let's just all it inactive after 2 months.
I know, right? I'm glad, but don't understand why they put it that way... oh well... at least we won't lose our 2%!!!

Is "Leave of Absense" still available? Low and behold, we are coming up on another major military move in July. I have my sales for April, nothing for May and 1 show scheduled for June.
V

There isn't a Leave of Absence by that name. You can get a 1 month extension on the requirements, once a year. If your June show is submitted in June, then you can go with nothing submitted in July and still maintain your career sales. You would then have to submit $150 in August to keep them. By using the extension, you could skip August and submit $150 in September. But with a little planning, it's completely possible to have catalog shows running so that you don't even need to use the extension.

As far as being considered "inactive" for the one month - it doesn't affect you - but it affects your upline. People get paid $10 for each "active" person in their clusters.

I think that is the reason why they use the label - but it is a little disconcerting to think of yourself as "incactive" when you really still have a month to pull something together!

Inactive status does affect you for the next month - you won't get the mailed newsletter. If you're inactive for April (less than $150 submitted), then you won't get the May newsletter, for example.

Pamperedva said:
Is "Leave of Absense" still available? Low and behold, we are coming up on another major military move in July. I have my sales for April, nothing for May and 1 show scheduled for June.
V

Do you have anyone to do catalog shows for you? Have you listened to the "movers and shakers" mp3 on the Online Training Center resources? I would highly recommend it. It has some great ideas.

Good luck with your move. I am moving in May/ June. I have shows to hold me over in May at the beginning of May and at least one catalog show in June. I am needing to make some calls to get Catty shows for June, July, Aug while settling in and getting my business going in my new city.

I'm a pro at moving my business, this will be my 5th major move in the business. In almost 13 yrs, I have never used a leave of absense for anything.

The only difference this time is my husbands position. The truth is, his new position requires us to live on base and I am in no way allowed to mention that I am a PC. I am not to do any business with anyone associated on base what so ever. In the past that has never been a problem, I usually don't do shows with anyone in the military unless they ask me anyway. This time, even if they ask, I am to turn them down, at least if they are associated to the base.

I'm really bummed because I recently ordered the car advertisements and now I can't even use them. I wish they would bring back the magnetic sign, at least I could put that on my car once I am away from the base.

Hmmm, I just had a thought, I suppose I could put my clings on poster board and then set them up in my window when I am not on base.

Anyway, just thinking out loud I guess. V

Okay, I went inactive for April but I'm ready to close a show for May (just barely made it as a show, but it's over $150, so I'm good)... so do I need to do something to become active again, or do I just submit my show and automatically become active? My show is ready to close, so I want to do it as soon as possible, but need to make sure that I don't have to do anything else first... Thanks!

nope, you just submit it

just submit and you are good!

With the new career plan, any month where you submit $150 in sales, you are considered active. So much simpler than the old rolling two month deal!

Once you submit your $150 show, you'll be active again for May. You don't need to "do anything" unless you've been inactive for over 6 months and need to "re-sign up" as a consultant again. If you were only inactive for the month of April, you just need to submit the show.

congrats Paula!

Thank you everyone!

1. How has the new policy affected your work at Pampered Chef?

The new policy has greatly impacted my work at Pampered Chef. Before the policy, I was able to actively engage with my customers and host in-person cooking demonstrations. However, with the new policy, I am no longer able to conduct in-person events and must rely on virtual platforms for communication.

2. How have you adapted to the new policy?

It has been a challenging adjustment, but I have found ways to adapt to the new policy. I have been utilizing social media and virtual platforms to connect with my customers and host online cooking demonstrations. I have also been offering personalized consultations and deliveries to make up for the lack of in-person events.

3. What has been the biggest struggle for you with the new policy?

The biggest struggle for me has been the loss of personal connection with my customers. I have always valued building relationships with my clients and it has been difficult to maintain that through virtual means. It has also been a challenge to keep up with the rapid changes and updates to the policy.

4. Has the new policy affected your sales?

Yes, the new policy has definitely affected my sales. With the limitations on in-person events, it has been harder to reach new customers and make sales. However, I have been working on finding creative ways to market my products and have been offering special deals to incentivize customers to purchase.

5. Do you think the new policy will be permanent?

I cannot say for certain, but I believe that the new policy may be here to stay for the foreseeable future. The safety and well-being of our customers and consultants are of utmost importance to Pampered Chef, so I understand the need for the new policy. However, I am hopeful that we will eventually be able to resume in-person events and demonstrations once it is safe to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies