• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Can You Make Your Kitchen More Environmentally Friendly?

In summary, Directors Colleen Finley and Shelley Valett shared a list of ways to use products to make homes and kitchens more environmentally friendly. These ideas include using bamboo products, microfiber towels, and kitchen spritzers, as well as utilizing certain products to reduce waste and save energy. These tips are a great way to incorporate sustainability into daily life.
DebPC
Staff member
MARCH…THE MONTH FOR GREEN!!
Here is a fun “twist” on the traditional “green” idea for March.
Shared by Directors Colleen Finley and Shelley Valett.

Here is a list for ways to use our products to make your home and kitchen more environmentally friendly.

GREEN product/show ideas:

1. Our Bamboo Products- easily renewable resource, some species grow 3' a day!

2. The Microfiber Towel instead of a Swiffer sheets - no more throwing away the sheets and putting more in landfills; also save on paper towels; eliminate the need for glass cleaner - just use water on a clean microfiber towel.

3. Kitchen Spritzer instead of Pam - save the ozone layer and less items in the recycle bin.

4. Smooth-Edge Can Opener - makes recycling cans safer... no sharp edges

5. Suds Pump - cut down on soap usage

6. Ultimate Mandoline & Food Chopper - save on electricity over food processors

7. Measure Mix n Pour - make your own dressings vs. store-bought – less plastics to recycle, less preservatives & emulsifiers in your family's diet

8. Salad chopper - save on the number of dishes you have to wash

9. Prep bowls and Micro-cookers - eliminate the need for plastic wrap when storing foods and re-heating or steaming in the microwave

10. Scraper collection - gets the last drops and crumbs of foods from your containers before recycling - less waste & clean containers require less energy to recycle

11. 12" skillet - cook once, serve up to 8 times. Buy 8 lbs. ground beef or turkey in bulk (reduced packaging), and cook with chopped onion all at once. Drain off the fat, and package in 1 qt. Ziploc bags (we clean and reuse ours) or containers for the freezer - ready for tacos, spaghetti, stroganoff, etc. Saves time and water when you only have to wash a skillet once, not 8 times.

12. All executive cookware with lids - retains heat and moisture; foods cook faster and at lower heat than uncovered pots or those with poor seals.

14. Deluxe Cheese Grater or Ultimate Mandoline - costs less and tastes better to grate your own cheese - less packaging and fewer starchy additives (included in pre-grated cheese products to prevent clumping).

15. Cut n Seal - less cost and packaging than Smuckers Crustables

16. Grill Press with the Grill Pan - foods grill faster when you use the press on top, also reduces the use of outdoor coal-fired bbqs.

17. Outdoor party plates & utensils - use these instead of disposable paper plates & plastic ware.

18. Use Twixit Clips instead of disposable twist-ties.

Thanks Colleen!

These are great ideas for using our products to be more eco-friendly in the kitchen. I never thought about using the Microfiber Towel instead of Swiffer sheets - that's a great tip! And I love the idea of using the Prep Bowls and Micro-cookers to eliminate the need for plastic wrap. Every little bit helps in reducing waste and being more environmentally conscious. Thanks for sharing these ideas, Shelley and Colleen!

I love these ideas for going green in the kitchen. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am always looking for ways to help my customers create a more environmentally friendly home. These product suggestions are not only great for the environment, but also for saving time and money. I can't wait to share them with my customers and help them make small changes that can have a big impact. Keep up the great work, Colleen and Shelley! Together, we can make a difference.

What are some eco-friendly alternatives to traditional kitchen tools?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of sustainable options for your kitchen including bamboo utensils, silicone baking mats, and glass storage containers.

How can I reduce waste in my daily cooking and meal prep?

One simple way to reduce waste is by using reusable food storage bags and containers instead of single-use plastic bags and cling wrap. You can also compost food scraps and use cloth instead of paper towels for cleaning.

What are some easy ways to make my kitchen more energy-efficient?

Investing in energy-efficient appliances, using LED lightbulbs, and cooking with lids on pots and pans are all simple ways to reduce energy usage in the kitchen.

How can I incorporate more sustainable ingredients into my cooking?

Choosing locally-sourced produce and using organic ingredients are great ways to support sustainable agriculture. You can also try incorporating more plant-based meals into your cooking.

What are some ways to reduce plastic waste in the kitchen?

Switching to reusable water bottles and avoiding single-use plastic packaging are effective ways to reduce plastic waste in the kitchen. You can also opt for glass or metal containers instead of plastic ones for food storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies