• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple & Walnut Tapenade with Goat Cheese Crostini - Is $6-$8 Normal?

In summary, the Apple & Walnut Tapenade with Goat Cheese Crostini typically includes apples, walnuts, goat cheese, bread, and various herbs and seasonings. The price range of $6-$8 is normal for this dish as it includes a combination of high-quality ingredients and requires time and skill to prepare and cook. This dish can be made in advance and served cold, but it is recommended to serve it warm for the best taste and texture. It typically provides 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the crostini and how it is served. This dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the goat cheese or using a plant-based alternative, and can also be made vegan by replacing the goat cheese with a vegan
Bren706
Gold Member
I have a host that chose the Apple & Walnut Tapenade for her show this week. I was going to suggest the goat cheese crostini to go with it. The goat cheese that I saw was somewhere between $6-$8 for a 4 oz. log, which we would use 2 logs. Is that a normal price for goat cheese. Anyone else doing the goat chees and crostini for their shows? Would you suggest substituting cream cheese?

Do you buy the recipe ingredients yourself?I would not substitute cream cheese if somebody is expecting goat cheese. The flavour will be completely different.

The flavor is very different. I doubled this at a show recently, and used a butter knife to smear the cheese on the bread instead of the egg slicer. It worked fine, everyone loved the recipe, and we didn't use anywhere near all of the cheese. So you could probably get away with less.

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, the goat cheese there is reasonably priced.

I'm not big on goat cheese, so I made it at my season kick-off party with cream cheese. They loved it and devoured it. I'd run it by your host giving her the option to pick whichever she wants. If she's buying it, let her decide. Just know that while cream cheese is different, it still is a good option. ;)

Thanks everyone. I was at BJs Wholesale last week, and I did see they had it for less there, so that would be an option.

1. What ingredients are included in the Apple & Walnut Tapenade with Goat Cheese Crostini?

The Apple & Walnut Tapenade with Goat Cheese Crostini typically includes apples, walnuts, goat cheese, bread, and various herbs and seasonings.

2. Is the $6-$8 price range normal for this dish?

Yes, the price range of $6-$8 is normal for this dish as it includes a combination of high-quality ingredients and requires time and skill to prepare and cook.

3. Can this dish be made in advance and served cold?

Yes, this dish can be made in advance and served cold. However, it is recommended to serve it warm for the best taste and texture.

4. How many servings does this dish typically provide?

This dish typically provides 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the crostini and how it is served.

5. Can this dish be made vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, this dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the goat cheese or using a plant-based alternative. To make it vegan, the goat cheese can be replaced with a vegan cheese or left out entirely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies