• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Gnocchi Recipe Using Country Crock Mashed Potatoes - Quick and Easy!

In summary, the tub of Country Crock mashed potatos were a big hit with the family. The new cookware apparently boils water faster than traditional pots and pans.
its_me_susan
I'm so pleasantly surprised by these! Has anyone else made them? At the recommendation of a PC peer, I used the tub of Country Crock mashed potatos. I didn't even have the ingredients to make the sauces, but they were a big hit with my family (my 2 young kids, my husband and his 80 yr old Italian Uncle, who exclaimed, "This proves you can make anything!"). :)

If you haven't tried them, do. They were quick and easy. Will try them again - and consider making for a show. Does the new cookware really boil water faster?

:)

I did these to try them out as one of the recipes for my kilo club reception. I did the instant mashed potatoes like the original recipe recommends. One thing, when they float to the top, they are done. But, when they float to the top, you can no longer see if there are still some in the bottom. I thought, "Hmm, I couldn't possibly over-boil instant potatoes, could I?" and kept them in a little longer to make sure they had all surfaced. Big mistake. When I poured them out into the colander, they mostly turned to mush. But, they still tasted good, and were surprisingly easy! So, don't overcook them!

I think it would be a great show recipe if you used real mashed potatoes. You could demo the A/P/C/S and U S &G with a potato. You could talk about mashed potatoes right in the rice cooker, or baking them in the fluted pan. You could talk about the potato recipes in the rectangle baker with lid.

I haven't had any hostesses wanting to try it out yet. I only tried the marinara sauce, is another sauce better?

Paige Dixon said:
I did these to try them out as one of the recipes for my kilo club reception. I did the instant mashed potatoes like the original recipe recommends. One thing, when they float to the top, they are done. But, when they float to the top, you can no longer see if there are still some in the bottom. I thought, "Hmm, I couldn't possibly over-boil instant potatoes, could I?" and kept them in a little longer to make sure they had all surfaced. Big mistake. When I poured them out into the colander, they mostly turned to mush. But, they still tasted good, and were surprisingly easy! So, don't overcook them!

I think it would be a great show recipe if you used real mashed potatoes. You could demo the A/P/C/S and U S &G with a potato. You could talk about mashed potatoes right in the rice cooker, or baking them in the fluted pan. You could talk about the potato recipes in the rectangle baker with lid.

I haven't had any hostesses wanting to try it out yet. I only tried the marinara sauce, is another sauce better?

We had one of the yummy sauces that are there ~ it was oil based, not sure which, but so yummy. I don't think I would want them with sauce.

What potato recipes do you have?

I use the AP/C/S to spiral the potatoes, then pile them in with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, chopped onion, garlic, stir it all up and bake it with the lid. It's wonderful!

Paige Dixon said:
I use the AP/C/S to spiral the potatoes, then pile them in with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, chopped onion, garlic, stir it all up and bake it with the lid. It's wonderful!

are you coring them? Just serving as is, or mashing to make mashed potatoes? What a great idea!

I actually am coring them, too lazy to take the corer attachment off. Then throw the core in with the spirals. I am serving them as is after baking, they are soooo yummy and fattening! You could really be creative and add anything you like on baked potatoes. But they turn out way better than baked potatoes in my opinion!

Also, mixing in some cream cheese is yummy, too.

I'd say that knowing that gnocci are (is?) gnood is certainly gnood gnus.

Paige Dixon said:
Are you baking this in the rice cooker?

1. Can I use any type of mashed potatoes for this gnocchi recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of mashed potatoes for this recipe, but we recommend using Country Crock mashed potatoes for the best flavor and texture.

2. Is this gnocchi recipe difficult to make?

No, this recipe is quick and easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be ready in under 30 minutes.

3. Can I freeze the gnocchi dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the gnocchi dough for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing.

4. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for the correct ratio of flour to liquid.

5. What kind of sauce pairs well with this gnocchi recipe?

This gnocchi pairs well with a variety of sauces, such as marinara, pesto, or a creamy alfredo sauce. You can also add your favorite vegetables or protein to make it a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies