• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gnocci ~ they're Good!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
I'm so pleasantly surprised by these! Has anyone else made them? At the recommendation of a PC peer, I used the tub of Country Crock mashed potatos. I didn't even have the ingredients to make the sauces, but they were a big hit with my family (my 2 young kids, my husband and his 80 yr old Italian Uncle, who exclaimed, "This proves you can make anything!"). :)

If you haven't tried them, do. They were quick and easy. Will try them again - and consider making for a show. Does the new cookware really boil water faster?

:)

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
I did these to try them out as one of the recipes for my kilo club reception. I did the instant mashed potatoes like the original recipe recommends. One thing, when they float to the top, they are done. But, when they float to the top, you can no longer see if there are still some in the bottom. I thought, "Hmm, I couldn't possibly over-boil instant potatoes, could I?" and kept them in a little longer to make sure they had all surfaced. Big mistake. When I poured them out into the colander, they mostly turned to mush. But, they still tasted good, and were surprisingly easy! So, don't overcook them!

I think it would be a great show recipe if you used real mashed potatoes. You could demo the A/P/C/S and U S &G with a potato. You could talk about mashed potatoes right in the rice cooker, or baking them in the fluted pan. You could talk about the potato recipes in the rectangle baker with lid.

I haven't had any hostesses wanting to try it out yet. I only tried the marinara sauce, is another sauce better?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
Paige Dixon said:
I did these to try them out as one of the recipes for my kilo club reception. I did the instant mashed potatoes like the original recipe recommends. One thing, when they float to the top, they are done. But, when they float to the top, you can no longer see if there are still some in the bottom. I thought, "Hmm, I couldn't possibly over-boil instant potatoes, could I?" and kept them in a little longer to make sure they had all surfaced. Big mistake. When I poured them out into the colander, they mostly turned to mush. But, they still tasted good, and were surprisingly easy! So, don't overcook them!

I think it would be a great show recipe if you used real mashed potatoes. You could demo the A/P/C/S and U S &G with a potato. You could talk about mashed potatoes right in the rice cooker, or baking them in the fluted pan. You could talk about the potato recipes in the rectangle baker with lid.

I haven't had any hostesses wanting to try it out yet. I only tried the marinara sauce, is another sauce better?

We had one of the yummy sauces that are there ~ it was oil based, not sure which, but so yummy. I don't think I would want them with sauce.

What potato recipes do you have?

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
I use the AP/C/S to spiral the potatoes, then pile them in with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, chopped onion, garlic, stir it all up and bake it with the lid. It's wonderful!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
Paige Dixon said:
I use the AP/C/S to spiral the potatoes, then pile them in with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, chopped onion, garlic, stir it all up and bake it with the lid. It's wonderful!

are you coring them? Just serving as is, or mashing to make mashed potatoes? What a great idea!

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
I actually am coring them, too lazy to take the corer attachment off. Then throw the core in with the spirals. I am serving them as is after baking, they are soooo yummy and fattening! You could really be creative and add anything you like on baked potatoes. But they turn out way better than baked potatoes in my opinion!

Also, mixing in some cream cheese is yummy, too.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Paige Dixon said:
Are you baking this in the rice cooker?