• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten Free Recipes Wanted: Suzy in Texas Seeking Help

wait, no... make SURE that no gluten items have touched the salad or food before serving! That's really the only precaution. :) Other than that, just enjoy!
Suzy Englert
Does anyone have any glutten free recipes they'd like to share, or is there a thread with this info? I have a host interested in glutten free recipes.

Thanks!
Suzy in Texas

type in gluten under the search tab and it will pop up a lot of threads....

Just a couple of recipes are the mock lem. meringue cake (with gluten free mix) & the mexican chk lasagna. Just beware if you are using your own stoneware.... if it is an allergy to gluten versus a diet choice, the stones will absorb the gluten and cause a reaction.

good luck!

As Charity said, be VERY careful, it's not necesarilly just about the recipe (you can find GF cake mix, pizza crust, etc. etc.) but also about what it's cooked in. You can't cook in stoneware or bakeware that has had gluten products cooked in it before as they will absorb the gluten. The only things that are ok to use are stainless steel and glass, so either cook with these or use the host's stoneware, etc.Personally, I have had a few GF hosts and I find the three cheese garden pizza is very easy to make GF when you get GF pizza dough, just make sure you have a new stone or a stone that has never been cooked with regular dough. GL!

chefcharity said:
type in gluten under the search tab and it will pop up a lot of threads....

Just a couple of recipes are the mock lem. meringue cake (with gluten free mix) & the mexican chk lasagna. Just beware if you are using your own stoneware.... if it is an allergy to gluten versus a diet choice, the stones will absorb the gluten and cause a reaction.

good luck!

Be careful if you make the lemon dessert. Most Cool whip and pudding products are not gluten free if you have a serious Celiac. They may not list wheat in the ingredients but unless they say "gluten free" there is always a chance of cross contamination at the factory. My dad's wife is sensitive enough she can't do products that aren't listed as gluten free.

I have tons of gluten free recipies and if you would like them just e-mail me at [email protected]

A lot of processed foods contain hidden gluten. Also, you need to make sure that it says "gluten free" and not just "wheat free". Many foods besides wheat contain gluten. You can find gluten free pasta (I like the quinoa versions) which would allow you to make the Penne al Fresco. If you want a desert item it's probably easiest to stick with a prepackaged gluten-free mix, Bob's Red Mill makes a good range. If you bake in metal or glass you should be fine. Or you could go with something naturally gluten free, like polenta toast with fresh mozzarella and bruschetta and fruit salad (if you want to show extra tools).

darlinclem said:
Be careful if you make the lemon dessert. Most Cool whip and pudding products are not gluten free if you have a serious Celiac. They may not list wheat in the ingredients but unless they say "gluten free" there is always a chance of cross contamination at the factory. My dad's wife is sensitive enough she can't do products that aren't listed as gluten free.

My friend is a celiac... she can have jello pudding, daisy sour cream and philly cream cheese.... she is very careful too. :)

Thank you all-I am new to this and am learning.

So-if I cook something glutten free on the host's stoneware, which she has already cooked glutten free food on, it's ok?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

Suzy Englert said:
Thank you all-I am new to this and am learning.

So-if I cook something glutten free on the host's stoneware, which she has already cooked glutten free food on, it's ok?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

You got it! :D

Thanks! We may do the Harvest Chicken Salad.

When it comes to serving gluten free items, is it ok to serve them on one of my platters or bowls, or does the bowl need to be one that only gluten free food has been on? Thanks, and please forgive me if this is a "stupid" question. The host is posting this show on her moms of multiples website, saying that it will be a gluten free PC show. I'm a bit nervous-even after almost 8 years in the business, but am glad for the opportunities to be always learning and doing shows that appeal to our customers.

Suzy in Texas

Suzy, you are totally asking all the right questions!!! Most people know nothing about this, so don't feel bad. I have four close friends who are celiac's, so I know quite a bit.Generally, serving is ok, just make sure that no gluten items have touched the serving pieces directly before serving the salad or during the serving of the salad. Once something gluten touches it, there's no going back!

Thanks-so if I use the Collapsible Serving Bow-clean from my dishwasher-for serving the Harvest Chicken Salad-that would be ok?

Suzy in Texas

PS I've asked the host to email me some website so I can continue to learn about gluten free:)

Yes, you should be fine. And if you wanted to use, say, the bamboo salad tongs or serving pieces that the host has, you should be fine :)Good luck, and kudos to you for doing the research and learning all about it!

Thank you so much!
Suzy in Texas

1. What are some gluten free ingredients that can be used in recipes?

Some common gluten free ingredients include almond flour, coconut flour, gluten free oats, quinoa, and brown rice flour. You can also use alternative flours such as chickpea flour or tapioca flour.

2. Can you recommend any gluten free recipes for beginners?

Yes, there are plenty of easy and delicious gluten free recipes for beginners. Some ideas include gluten free pasta dishes, stir-fries with vegetables and rice, quinoa salads, and roasted vegetables with a protein like chicken or tofu.

3. Are there any gluten free options for baking?

Definitely! You can use gluten free flour blends or individual gluten free flours in place of regular flour in most baking recipes. You can also find gluten free baking mixes for cakes, cookies, and breads.

4. How can I make sure my gluten free meals are flavorful?

There are many ways to add flavor to gluten free meals. Use herbs, spices, and condiments to enhance the taste. Experiment with different marinades and sauces. And don't be afraid to try new recipes and ingredients to keep your meals interesting.

5. Where can I find more gluten free recipes?

You can find a variety of gluten free recipes online, including on the Pampered Chef website. You can also check out cookbooks specifically dedicated to gluten free cooking, or join a gluten free cooking group or community for even more ideas and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzy Englert