• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten-Free Pantry Items: A Guide for Those with Gluten Sensitivity

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for gluten-free products due to a host's husband having a gluten issue. It is mentioned that while some products do not contain gluten, there is a risk of cross-contamination in non-gluten-free facilities. The importance of checking ingredient lists and reaching out to the company for more information is emphasized. A personal experience with a family member's gluten intolerance is also shared. The conversation ends with a recommendation to reference the company's catalog and website for a list of gluten-free products and recipes.
france59
Gold Member
Does anyone have a flyer or information on which of our products do or don't contain gluten? I'm looking for a quick answer for a host whose husband just found out he has an issue with gluten.
:(

I emailed the test kitchens and while some of the products do no contain gluten they cannot guarantee that the products have not come in contact with gluten as they are not packaged in a gluten free facility. If someone has a allergy they should not have any of our pantry products

Actually, you are right. Any bottled spices, herbs, combination products can in fact contain enough trace amounts of gluten to cause a problem. But because of federal guidelines allowing for trace amounts of anything to NOT be listed on these bottles, anything can have some in them. Reason I know, my mom. She found that she has issues. Our sprinkles say it right on the bottles that they contain gluten. However, she has a bottle of someone else's mixture. there is nothing on the bottle but a doctor did a little research for her. The lab found that there were trace amounts int he herb blend. Just enough to cause a problem for my mom but not enough to legally have to have it listed in the ingredient list. Figures!

For a quick reference check out the catalog, it lists wheat in several.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your host's husband's gluten issue. I completely understand the importance of finding gluten-free options for those who have dietary restrictions. Our company takes great care in providing accurate information about our products and their ingredients. I recommend checking out our website or reaching out to our customer service team for a comprehensive list of our gluten-free products. We also have a variety of recipes and tips for gluten-free cooking that may be helpful. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Thank you for being a part of our Pampered Chef community!

1. What pantry items should I avoid if I am gluten intolerant?

It is best to avoid any pantry items that contain wheat, barley, or rye, as these are the most common sources of gluten. This includes products like flour, breadcrumbs, and certain seasoning blends.

2. Are there any hidden sources of gluten in pantry items?

Yes, gluten can sometimes be found in unexpected places such as soy sauce, malt vinegar, and even some types of chocolate. It is important to always read labels carefully and look for gluten-free certifications.

3. Are all pantry items labeled as "gluten-free" safe for those with celiac disease?

No, not all "gluten-free" labeled products are safe for those with celiac disease. The FDA allows products to be labeled as gluten-free if they contain less than 20 parts per million of gluten. It is important to also look for certified gluten-free products to ensure they are safe for those with celiac disease.

4. Can I still use pantry items that have a "may contain traces of gluten" warning?

If you have a severe gluten intolerance or celiac disease, it is best to avoid pantry items with this warning. Even small traces of gluten can cause a reaction in some individuals. However, if you have a mild sensitivity, you may be able to consume these products without issue.

5. How can I make sure my pantry items are safe for my gluten-free guests?

The best way to ensure your pantry items are safe for gluten-free guests is to purchase certified gluten-free products and store them separately from gluten-containing items. You can also label your pantry shelves to clearly indicate which items are gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WendyE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
  • ChefJen2012