1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gluten Free Show Recipe??

1. annew

annew Member

Just curious if anyone has any ideas for recipes that are gluten free??? I've searched & found the PB cookie recipe but I'm looking for a main dish recipe...

TIA!

Nov 24, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

30 Minute Chicken! Serve it with a salad. (during the summer I serve Strawberry Spinach Salad with it)

Mexican Chicken Lasagna...it's made with corn tortillas - often people with a gluten issue can still have corn - so I'd check...and you can also check with the host on other ingredients in the Enchilada sauce...or make a quick one - it's easy to do!

Nov 24, 2009
  3. robochick84

robochick84 Member

Our household is glutten free. It is not the recipe it is the ingredients. I usually cook pc meals 3 or 4 nights of the week using the proper ingredients. One that I am doing gluten free now is the penne pasta and molten lava cake.

Be sure to ask if this is an allergy or lifestyle choice. If it is an allergy you must use proper cookware.

Nov 24, 2009
  4. munkee41182

munkee41182 Member

Ditto Ashley - I'm celiac and GF and proper cookware is a must (wrong cookware makes me look like I'm about 6months pregnant - among other symptoms - if I've ingested gluten). I've made the cheeseburger salad (croutons kept seperate in case others wanted them), Sausage and sundried tomato risotto. With the mexican chicken lasagna, becareful with the enchilada sauce, many have gluten in them. If I wasn't GF, and I had to host a GF show, I'd probably do a pizza, but wrap the stoneware in foil. While it won't absorb the moisture, you'll still get the same heating benefits.

Nov 24, 2009
  5. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

The new South of The Border Meatloaf is, with it's corn chips instead of bread crumbs. This recipe booked me a show from someone at a recent show, because she has a family member who has a family member who eats gluten free.

6. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Loaded Baked potato soup can be as long as you check labels! You can also check company websites for gluten free info.

Nov 24, 2009
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Can one of you clarify what you mean by the "right cookware"? I've got a host in January who's has celiac disease. She told me not to worry about it- she's used to having her 'own food', but I'd like to try, and obviously we seem to have several options...but not sure what you mean by the cookware issue.

Thanks!!

Nov 24, 2009
  8. annew

annew Member

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Nov 25, 2009
  9. munkee41182

munkee41182 Member

The "right cookware" means that it hasn't been contaminated by gluten. In all honesty, you shouldn't use cookware that has already been used with gluten on it. Some people are pretty lenient on the cross contamination aspect of it, others the slightest trace will set them off for days (think of a peanut allergy, if you spread PB all over the stone, someone wouldn't be able to use that stone if they had an allergy). Just make sure that the hosts knows that the cookware has been used on gluten before, and if she's ok, then that's her perogitive. I would also try to see if you could use someone elses cookware that has not been contaminated. I know mine is designated as the "gluten free cookware" so whenever someone has a show with someone with celiac, I pass along my cookware.

Nov 25, 2009
Have something to add?