• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Gluten Free Dessert Recipes for Your Upcoming Show

In summary, Suzy in Texas is looking for a good gluten free recipe for a main meal that can be made in the Family Skillet. She's found one using a GF yellow cake mix and Peanut Butter from Better N' Butter. She's also looking for ideas for her upcoming show, where she will be using her skillet.
aslion
I have a show coming up and I was just talking to the host this morning and she has requested a dessert recipe for the show but she wants it to be gluten free if possible for some of her guests.

Does anyone have any Gluten Free recipes to share with me?

The peanut butter cookies in the cookie press are gluten free. You could test some of the gluten free cake mixes and see how they do in the DCB or skillet. Gluten free cake as a base for a simple trifle.. . .

ChefForrester said:
The peanut butter cookies in the cookie press are gluten free. You could test some of the gluten free cake mixes and see how they do in the DCB or skillet. Gluten free cake as a base for a simple trifle.. . .

Where is the recipe?

ChefForrester said:

Thanks for the idea, I just found a store that has a steal on Gluten Free mixes so I might try that out since I don't own the cookie press.

aslion said:
Thanks for the idea, I just found a store that has a steal on Gluten Free mixes so I might try that out since I don't own the cookie press.

I used to eat gluten free, and just wanted to say, I didn't care for the mixes that were gluten free. Also, make sure that everything else that goes in the desert is gluten free, just because you wouldn't thing the ingredient had gluten in it, look, because it is hidden in a lot of items.

Search for some of the prior GF threads. It's not just about the ingredients, a lot rides on what you bake in. You can't use a stone or non-stick cookware that's been used with gluten products before. The only products you can use are glass and stainless steel- those are the only ones that don't absorb gluten/gluten doesn't stick to.I've made the creamy mojito torte with a GF yellow cake mix and it came out delish, but like pp stated, you have to check for ALL GF ingredients, not just the mix, etc. You have to check toppings, seasonings, chocolate, extracts, etc. etc. all must be gluten free.

Peanut butter cookies - 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup creamy peanut butter. Mix thoroughly, put in the cookie press, do your thing. Don't tell my husband they're so easy :)

Does anyone have a good gluten free recipe-main meal-that can be made in the Family Skillet? I'm doing a gluten free show later this month and will be using my skillet-and we are not gluten free.

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

Suzy Englert said:
Does anyone have a good gluten free recipe-main meal-that can be made in the Family Skillet? I'm doing a gluten free show later this month and will be using my skillet-and we are not gluten free.

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

Suzy- If it's the Executive you can't use it. Gluten sticks to that cookware. If it's the stainless steel you can make anything without pasta and flour, or you can use rice pasta (GF pasta) instead.

Just be VERY careful, because again, the recipe is only half the battle... it's very important to not use non-stick cookware, stoneware, etc.- anything that is not stainless steel or glass that has been used with gluten before! If you do then your recipe will not be gluten free, despite your effort to use gluten free ingredients!

Thanks for the great tips! I'm thinking that we'll just grill some chicken and veggies in the large stainless steel skillet-pretty safe-no flour or corn tortillas, sour cream or cheese. My upcoming host seems to be an "expert" in gluten free cooking and I want to be sure we keep the show gluten free. Any other ideas? Many thanks-I'm feeling better about this show and am so glad to be learning so much!

Suzy in Texas

As an individual who must eat gluten free, I just wanted to note to anyone who does use such a recipe that PB is not gluten free. You must by a Peanut Butter that has the label GLUTEN FREE on it, I recommend Better N' Butter - delicious.Ashley

Do a search for "Harvest Chicken Salad." I did this at a show after learning the host's mom had celiac disease and wanted to offer a recipe everybody could enjoy. It has fruit, chicken, pecans and you can just not caramelize the pecans (that didn't work well for me anyway) and leave off the croutons. It looks great in the triffle bowl and uses a ton of tools.

What is the difference between gluten free and wheat free?

Gluten free means that the recipe does not contain any gluten, which is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. Wheat free means that the recipe does not contain any wheat, but may still contain gluten from other sources.

Can I use regular flour instead of gluten free flour in these recipes?

No, regular flour contains gluten and will not work as a substitute in gluten free recipes. It is important to use a gluten free flour blend or alternative flours, such as almond or coconut flour, to achieve the desired texture and taste.

Are all Pampered Chef products gluten free?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are gluten free. However, we do offer a variety of gluten free products and tools to help make gluten free cooking and baking easier.

Do I need to follow a gluten free diet if I don't have celiac disease?

While a gluten free diet is necessary for those with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, it is not necessary for those without. However, some people may choose to follow a gluten free diet for personal reasons or to alleviate certain symptoms.

Can I make these gluten free recipes ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, most gluten free recipes can be made ahead of time and frozen. Just make sure to properly store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw and reheat as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LUPE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies