• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten-Free Dessert & Appetizer Ideas for a Show

In summary, the conversation is about finding gluten-free dessert and appetizer options for a show where one of the guests has celiac disease. The host is worried about not being able to accommodate this guest and is asking for recommendations. Other participants in the conversation suggest various gluten-free options, such as the Touchdown Taco Dip and Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread. They also mention the need to check labels and make substitutions for gluten-free ingredients. One participant shares personal experiences with preparing gluten-free recipes from cookbooks and suggests using yogurt and gelatin to make a yogurt pie.
wannasellit
Please help! I have a show next Friday and one of the guests cannot eat anything with gluten (flour), most of the recipes use some sort of bread dough. Can someone recommend a dessert and appetizer that might work? I would hate for this person to come to the show and not be able to eat anything. I am planning on doing cut up veggies with the farmers seasoning dips but need some other ideas.

Thank you in advance!

wannasellit said:
Please help! I have a show next Friday and one of the guests cannot eat anything with gluten (flour), most of the recipes use some sort of bread dough. Can someone recommend a dessert and appetizer that might work? I would hate for this person to come to the show and not be able to eat anything. I am planning on doing cut up veggies with the farmers seasoning dips but need some other ideas.

Thank you in advance!

My grandmother has ciliacs disease, this is the intolerance of gluten. She wanted to do a show for me, but basically PC recipes have some sort of gluten in them. We ended up doing one of her recipes for her ciliac support group.

Beware that gluten is also in things such as ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc.!! So it is not just flour that has gluten in it. Many pre-packaged items have gluten in them. You might want to make sure the dips don't have gluten in them! I don't have a set to look. And unfortionately I can't remember the other names for gluten!

Good luck finding ones that will work! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The Touchdown Taco Dip should be okay as long as you check the bean dip for any form of gluten [flour, modified cornstarch, etc.] and the item being dipped in it [ie--the chips]. This has been a great dip at shows I've done!

Many items can be substituted but you really have to read labels. I made the Baked Potstickers [yum!!] but you would need to use wrappers made with rice.

Hope this helps! My cousin's kids have celiac disease and I've always tried to make something that they can eat at family gatherings [she's not into cooking much].

Sandi

Gluten free...I believe the Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread may be gluten free (SB F/W 04). Just serve with sliced apples (great to demo the A/P/C/S). I had a party last week and that was the only thing that a guest with celiac's disease ate so it must be gluten free! Good luck!

Glutin free recipesWhen I first became a Consultant in May, 2005, I was active in Food Addicts in Recovery. We abstain from all flour and white sugar products. Two recipes that I prepared for Shows were: Peanut Butter Dip in PC Let's Eat cookbook,
and served with apple slices using the Apple Wedge. I have modified the dip
to 1 cup each of Fat free or Lofat Yogurt, 1 cup peanut butter that is pure
peanut butter, 1 cup Cool Whip of your choice - Light is best. The second recipe was in Kraft Foods Spring 2005 edition. I call it Yogurt Pie. It is made
with a 32 oz. container of Fat free or Lofat Yogurt, .6 oz. of Jello Sugar Free
Gelatin. (you can do .3 oz. of Orange, and .3oz. of Peach for a nice orangy
color, and top with sliced peaches, and decorate with Cool-Whip using Easy
Accent Decorator). When I first made it, I used .6 oz. of Strawberry Sugar
Free Jello, added slices of fresh strawberry on the top, and Cool-Whip.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOGURT PIE. Combine the yogurt and Jello granules in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless steel Whisk. Heat in microwave
for 3 minutes on High. Remove from microwave, and Whisk again. Pour into
Stoneware Deep Dish pie plate, and refrigerate for 2 hours. I would suggest
you make one when you first arrive, or take one with you. It has been a big hit at all of my summer parties. In August I switched over to the peach version, and then added the peach/orange split for October, because it gave
me better color.
I also have used the Thai Chicken Stir Fry recipe and believe that meets
the glutin free requirement, as would Deviled Eggs. See my website re:
Widowers Love Deviled Eggs. www.pamperedchef.biz/grandmarita

1. What gluten-free desserts and appetizers do you offer for a show?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of gluten-free options for both desserts and appetizers. Some popular choices include our gluten-free brownie mix, gluten-free lemon bars, and gluten-free spinach and artichoke dip.

2. Are your gluten-free desserts and appetizers made in a dedicated gluten-free facility?

Yes, all of our gluten-free products are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility to ensure there is no cross-contamination with gluten-containing ingredients.

3. Do you have any vegan or dairy-free options for gluten-free desserts and appetizers?

Yes, we have a selection of vegan and dairy-free options for our gluten-free desserts and appetizers. Some examples include our vegan chocolate chip cookie mix and dairy-free ranch dip mix.

4. Can you accommodate other dietary restrictions besides gluten-free?

Absolutely! We understand that everyone has different dietary needs and preferences, so we offer a variety of options for those with other dietary restrictions such as nut-free, soy-free, and egg-free.

5. How can I order gluten-free desserts and appetizers for my show?

You can easily order gluten-free desserts and appetizers for your show through our website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to assist you in selecting the perfect gluten-free options for your event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aslion
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Bren706