1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gluten-free recipes??

1. Please help! I have a show next Friday and one of the guests cannot eat anything with gluten (flour), most of the recipes use some sort of bread dough. Can someone recommend a dessert and appetizer that might work? I would hate for this person to come to the show and not be able to eat anything. I am planning on doing cut up veggies with the farmers seasoning dips but need some other ideas.

Thank you in advance!

Nov 6, 2005
  2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

My grandmother has ciliacs disease, this is the intolerance of gluten. She wanted to do a show for me, but basically PC recipes have some sort of gluten in them. We ended up doing one of her recipes for her ciliac support group.

Beware that gluten is also in things such as ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc.!! So it is not just flour that has gluten in it. Many pre-packaged items have gluten in them. You might want to make sure the dips don't have gluten in them! I don't have a set to look. And unfortionately I can't remember the other names for gluten!

Good luck finding ones that will work! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Nov 6, 2005
  3. sandi4tpc

sandi4tpc Novice Member

The Touchdown Taco Dip should be okay as long as you check the bean dip for any form of gluten [flour, modified cornstarch, etc.] and the item being dipped in it [ie--the chips]. This has been a great dip at shows I've done!

Many items can be substituted but you really have to read labels. I made the Baked Potstickers [yum!!] but you would need to use wrappers made with rice.

Hope this helps! My cousin's kids have celiac disease and I've always tried to make something that they can eat at family gatherings [she's not into cooking much].

Sandi

Nov 7, 2005
  4. Pampered Sofia

Pampered Sofia Novice Member

Gluten free...

I believe the Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread may be gluten free (SB F/W 04). Just serve with sliced apples (great to demo the A/P/C/S). I had a party last week and that was the only thing that a guest with celiac's disease ate so it must be gluten free! Good luck!

5. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Glutin free recipes

When I first became a Consultant in May, 2005, I was active in Food Addicts in Recovery. We abstain from all flour and white sugar products. Two recipes that I prepared for Shows were: Peanut Butter Dip in PC Let's Eat cookbook,
    and served with apple slices using the Apple Wedge. I have modified the dip
    to 1 cup each of Fat free or Lofat Yogurt, 1 cup peanut butter that is pure
    peanut butter, 1 cup Cool Whip of your choice - Light is best. The second recipe was in Kraft Foods Spring 2005 edition. I call it Yogurt Pie. It is made
    with a 32 oz. container of Fat free or Lofat Yogurt, .6 oz. of Jello Sugar Free
    Gelatin. (you can do .3 oz. of Orange, and .3oz. of Peach for a nice orangy
    color, and top with sliced peaches, and decorate with Cool-Whip using Easy
    Accent Decorator). When I first made it, I used .6 oz. of Strawberry Sugar
    Free Jello, added slices of fresh strawberry on the top, and Cool-Whip.
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOGURT PIE. Combine the yogurt and Jello granules in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless steel Whisk. Heat in microwave
    for 3 minutes on High. Remove from microwave, and Whisk again. Pour into
    Stoneware Deep Dish pie plate, and refrigerate for 2 hours. I would suggest
    you make one when you first arrive, or take one with you. It has been a big hit at all of my summer parties. In August I switched over to the peach version, and then added the peach/orange split for October, because it gave
    me better color.
    I also have used the Thai Chicken Stir Fry recipe and believe that meets
    the glutin free requirement, as would Deviled Eggs. See my website re:
    Widowers Love Deviled Eggs. www.pamperedchef.biz/grandmarita

Nov 9, 2005
Have something to add?