1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gluten-free new recipe?

1. Chefcouts

Chefcouts Novice Member

I have a show in a few weeks where the host is gluten-free. I have found several recipes to do, but would like to know if any of the new f/w recipes are gluten-free or how can I make them gluten-free?

It is a September show so something in the DCB would be great. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aug 12, 2009
  2. JenniK

JenniK Member

You could do chicken fajitas in the dcb w/ corn tortillas instead of flour (or both and the guest can choose).

Aug 12, 2009
  3. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

You can't use your DCB for a GF host if you've used your DCB with anything that was non-GF before. Stoneware absorbs gluten!

You will either have to use your host's stoneware or use something stainless steel. Stainless steel is the only thing that does not absorb gluten. Even the executive cookware will not work in this instance.

I have several GF friends and a GF consultant on my team, so we are practically experts, lol.

If the host has a DCB the Mexican Chicken Lasagna is great with the corn tortillas for a GF DCB recipe! Also, you can do the risotto, as the rice is GF.

Aug 12, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Several of the recipes in the Appetizer book are gluten-free. And someone posted about a GF version of the mock lemon meringue cake they did (you do need to closely read the labels on the sour cream, etc.).

Aug 12, 2009
  5. Chefcouts

Chefcouts Novice Member

Wow, thanks everyone! That tip about the stoneware absorbing the gluten is a good call... I'll have to think on that one! I guess I can do something on my new cookie sheet!

Aug 12, 2009
  6. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Definitely! New products are the safest way to go with food allergies and celiac/gluten free hosts!

Aug 12, 2009
Have something to add?