1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gluten Free Mock Lemon Cake

1. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I have a friend that is allergic to Gluten and we are doing a show next week, so I thought I would experiment. I bought a Betty crocker gluten free yellow cake mix. She can have Philly cream chease, jello brand pudding, Daisy sour cream and real cool whip. The Betty Crocker gluten free cake mix was 3.99 vs the 6.99 other gluten free mixes are. Just an FYI if anyone is looking for an alterantive. This can also be done with the mini-carrot cakes. OH! And the mixes are 15oz - so adjust accoringly.

Jul 29, 2009
  2. JenniK

JenniK Member

Let me know how it turns out! My sister-in-law is allergic to Gluten and she having a bridal shower next month.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2009
  3. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I made it tonight. It was good. If I took a bite of the cake alone, I could tell a bit of a difference, but with the filling and meringue it was just like it should be. We have a hit for our gluten free friends!

Make sure to try it out at home first though. I had problem with my meringue and need to work on that. That part of the recipe wasn't changed, so it was operator error. :)

The betty crocker mixes are with the other cake mixes. When I told my friend about it, she said she skips that aisle completely since she can't eat anything out of there. So your SIL might not even know they are there.

Jul 29, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

This is good to know! Maybe I'll make it for my team kickoff in a couple of weeks, since our location host has to keep gluten free and she always has to skip the dessert at meetings.

Jul 29, 2009
Have something to add?