• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gluten Free Lava Cake: Tips for Making it in the Microwave with DCB

In summary, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend for the gluten-free lava cake and adjust the cooking time for your specific microwave by checking the cake's doneness. You can also make this recipe without the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and make the batter in advance. Additionally, you can use any type of chocolate for the lava cake, including chocolate chips. Make sure to use high-quality chocolate for the best results.
shannonjennings
I have a host that wants to use the gluten free cake mix to make the lava cake in the DCB. Can you use the gluten free cake mix in the microwave and it rise the same way? Let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

I haven't made the lava cake with the gluten free mix myself, but one of my hosts does and she said she thinks it might even come out better than the regular cake mix! And she's not the one that eats gluten free, her daughter has to so she makes the cake gluten free so she can eat it too.

I have made the pineapple upside down cake with the gluten free mix but it was also vegan (using egg replacer). It was good but no where near as good as when you can make it the traditional way, with real eggs, etc.

Thanks for posting this! My niece has Celiac Disease and I think she'd LOVE this!!

Ohhh, I'll have to try that for my hubby, who eats GF!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I'm happy to help answer your question. Our gluten free cake mix is specifically designed to be used in the oven, so I cannot guarantee that it will rise the same way in the microwave. However, I have heard from other consultants and customers that they have successfully made lava cakes in the microwave using our gluten free cake mix. I recommend following the instructions on the box for the oven, but adjusting the cooking time for the microwave. As always, I suggest doing a test run before making it for guests to ensure the best results. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use a different type of flour for the gluten-free lava cake?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend that is suitable for baking. Just make sure to check the ingredients to ensure it is free of any gluten-containing grains.

2. How do I adjust the cooking time for my specific microwave?

Microwaves can vary in power, so it is important to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Start with the recommended time and check the cake's doneness. If it is still gooey in the center, continue cooking in 15-second intervals until it is cooked through.

3. Can I make this recipe without the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

Yes, you can use any microwave-safe dish to make the lava cake. Just make sure it is deep enough to allow the cake to rise and has a lid or can be covered with plastic wrap.

4. Can I make the gluten-free lava cake in advance?

Yes, you can make the batter in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, pour the batter into the DCB and microwave as directed.

5. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the lava cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer. Just make sure to use a high-quality chocolate for the best results. You can also use chocolate chips if you don't have a bar of chocolate on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shelli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristina16marie