• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Gluten-Free Dessert Ideas for Your Next Cooking Show

In summary, Martha Stewart has a Coconut Macaroon recipe that is gluten free and so very yummy. I used it for a bakery "Dessert Tasting" and came in second place :) Another recipe is the Barefoot Contessa's cookies which are also gluten free and delicious.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
I have a show next week with a hostess who has been to and hosted several shows with me over the past few years. In the past we have always done appetizers or main dishes which I found easy to adjust but I'm having trouble coming up with a gluten free dessert? Anyone have any ideas?

Also, she has been a huge help to my business and since I am moving in the fall this is the last actual cooking show she will be doing with me. I'd love to give her something special. What would you do?

I don't have it in front of me, but there's a flour-free chocolate cake recipe in the Delightful Desserts cookbook. Or you could see if you can find a gluten free brownie mix and make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte (that's my favorite!). More regular grocery stores carry gluten free mixes now, so they're not completely impossible to find like a few years ago.

What about the Apple Berry Salsa served as a sauce over ice cream? You could ask her for an idea about which ice creams are gluten free - but I'm pretty sure that Breyer's is one.

Martha Stewart has a Coconut Macaroon recipe that is gluten free and so very yummy LOL I used it for a bakery "Dessert Tasting" and came in second place :) You can show several of our tools and they don't bake that long. In fact here it is:

2 Large Egg Whites
1 (14 ounce) can sweetend condensed milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (could use half if using our double strength vanilla)
2 (14 ounce) bags shredded sweetend coconut

Heat oven to 300 degrees. In large batter bowl, whisk egg whites and salt, with stainless whisk, until frothy; about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Using Mix N' Scraper, fold in coconut until well combined.

Line Large Bar Pan with parchment paper. Using either the small or medium scoop, I used medium, form macaroons.

Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer stone to stackable cooling rack and let cool completely.

I am not certain but I think you can even melt some chocolate in the small microwave cooker and dip the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate. I just don't know if the chocolate would be gluten free so you would have to check on that.

so the tools you would use is the egg seperator, can opener, double strength vanilla, adjustable measuring spoon, Mix N' Scraper, Large Batter Bowl, stainless whisk, Large Baking Stone, Parchment Paper, small or medium scoop, Cooling Rack. Also possibly the micro cooker. And the slotted turners to take off the stone, and either a bamboo or simple additions platter to display the macaroons.

Hope this helps :)

Fluffy215 said:
Martha Stewart has a Coconut Macaroon recipe that is gluten free and so very yummy LOL I used it for a bakery "Dessert Tasting" and came in second place :) You can show several of our tools and they don't bake that long. In fact here it is:

2 Large Egg Whites
1 (14 ounce) can sweetend condensed milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (could use half if using our double strength vanilla)
2 (14 ounce) bags shredded sweetend coconut

Heat oven to 300 degrees. In large batter bowl, whisk egg whites and salt, with stainless whisk, until frothy; about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Using Mix N' Scraper, fold in coconut until well combined.

Line Large Bar Pan with parchment paper. Using either the small or medium scoop, I used medium, form macaroons.

Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer stone to stackable cooling rack and let cool completely.

I am not certain but I think you can even melt some chocolate in the small microwave cooker and dip the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate. I just don't know if the chocolate would be gluten free so you would have to check on that.

so the tools you would use is the egg seperator, can opener, double strength vanilla, adjustable measuring spoon, Mix N' Scraper, Large Batter Bowl, stainless whisk, Large Baking Stone, Parchment Paper, small or medium scoop, Cooling Rack. Also possibly the micro cooker. And the slotted turners to take off the stone, and either a bamboo or simple additions platter to display the macaroons.

Hope this helps :)

Sounds just like The Barefoot Contessa's recipe (The Food Network). It's a jewish kosher recipe and can I just tell you, FABULOUS! I wouldn't make them any other way. Just be sure to keep a VERY watchful eye on the oven as you don't want to over-brown them (you may need a dentist visit if you do). Otherwise, super easy and delish cookies!

What is the best gluten free flour to use for baking desserts?

The best gluten free flour to use for baking desserts is a blend of different flours, such as almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour. This will provide a good balance of flavor and texture.

Can I substitute regular flour for gluten free flour in a dessert recipe?

Yes, you can substitute regular flour for gluten free flour in a dessert recipe. However, you may need to adjust the amount of liquid and leavening agents used in the recipe to achieve the desired texture.

Are all Pampered Chef dessert mixes gluten free?

No, not all Pampered Chef dessert mixes are gluten free. However, we do offer a variety of gluten free options that are clearly labeled on our website and packaging.

Can I use regular baking tools for gluten free desserts?

Yes, you can use regular baking tools for gluten free desserts. However, it is important to thoroughly clean all tools and work surfaces before using them to avoid cross-contamination with gluten.

Do you have any gluten free dessert recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of gluten free dessert recipes available on our website and in our cookbooks. You can also modify many of our traditional recipes to be gluten free by using our gluten free flour blend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • aslion
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies