• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Glazed Apple Wreath: An Old Recipe Revisited

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for the Glazed Apple Wreath. The original recipe is quite old and someone is looking for an updated version or someone who has made it before. The recipe includes ingredients such as cream cheese, crescent rolls, apples, apricot preserves, and cinnamon, and is topped with a lemon glaze and sliced almonds. The instructions involve arranging crescent dough in a circle with a cream cheese filling and a mixture of apples and preserves.
ChefPaulaB
I found a recipe for the Glazed Apple Wreath, but it is quite old. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it, has done it or maybe has an updated recipe with the newer tools? TIA!

what is a glazed apple wreath? that sounds good.

Paula, Please post the recipe so we know what recipe you are referring to and can share the updated one.

Here it is... it sounds yummy, would be great for a brunch, I think...:thumbup:

The Pampered Chef ®
Glazed Apple Wreath
Recipe
1 lemon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 firm, red apples such as Braeburn, cored and coarsely chopped
1/3 cup apricot preserves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, grated

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest lemon to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice; set juice aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon zest, egg yolk, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.
2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange eight triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 3 inches from edge of baking stone and points toward the outside. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone.) Arrange remaining triangles in center, matching wide ends with triangles already in place. Using Baker's Roller®, roll over seams of triangles where wide ends meet, creating a smooth surface for filling. Do not seal center of triangles. Spread cream cheese mixture over center of dough in a continuous circle.
3. Core apples using Utility Knife. Coarsely chop apples using Food Chopper. In clean batter bowl, combine apples, preserves, cinnamon and remaining flour; toss lightly and spoon over cream cheese mixture.
4. Beginning with last triangle placed in center of baking stone, bring point of opposite triangle straight across filling. Next, bring point of opposite outside triangle diagonally across filling, covering point of previous triangle. (Filling will show.) Repeat, overlapping points of outside and inside triangles to form a wreath. Tuck last end under first.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over wreath. Grate nuts over wreath using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Let stand until glaze is set. Cut into wedges using Utility Knife; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for the ground cinnamon, if desired.

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I have actually made the Glazed Apple Wreath recipe before. It is a delicious and impressive dish, perfect for the holiday season. While the original recipe may be a bit outdated, I have some tips for using newer tools to make it even easier and more efficient. Instead of using a traditional pastry cutter, I recommend using the Pampered Chef Mix N Chop to cut the butter into the flour mixture. It makes the process much quicker and creates a more even texture. Also, instead of rolling out the dough by hand, you can use the Pampered Chef Adjustable Rolling Pin for perfectly even and consistent thickness. I hope these tips help and happy cooking!

1. What is "The Glazed Apple Wreath: An Old Recipe Revisited"?

"The Glazed Apple Wreath: An Old Recipe Revisited" is a delicious and festive dessert made with fresh apples, cinnamon, and a sweet glaze. It is a traditional recipe that has been modernized and perfected by Pampered Chef.

2. How long does it take to make "The Glazed Apple Wreath"?

The total time to make "The Glazed Apple Wreath" will vary depending on your experience in the kitchen, but on average it takes about 45 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.

3. What ingredients do I need to make "The Glazed Apple Wreath"?

You will need 2 large apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract for the wreath dough. For the glaze, you will need powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.

4. Can I make substitutions for certain ingredients in "The Glazed Apple Wreath"?

Yes, you can make substitutions for certain ingredients to suit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use a dairy-free milk alternative or gluten-free flour. However, please note that this may affect the taste and texture of the final product.

5. Can I make "The Glazed Apple Wreath" ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the wreath dough and glaze ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble and bake the wreath. This is a great option for busy holidays or parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lulu
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Stephanie S
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Stephanie S
  • Ann F