• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glaze Skips and Thin Glaze on Stoneware: Common Issues or Defects?

In summary, "glaze skips" are areas on a glazed dish where the glaze did not fully cover the surface, leaving patches of exposed clay or a lighter color. They can occur due to uneven application of glaze, air bubbles in the glaze, or defects in the clay body. While glaze skips are safe to use for cooking, they may cause uneven cooking or browning in some areas. Unfortunately, glaze skips cannot be fixed once the dish has been glazed and fired, but you can try to prevent them by ensuring an even application of glaze and avoiding air bubbles. Our policy allows for returns or exchanges within a certain time frame, but we cannot guarantee that the replacement dish will not have glaze skips, as
cooking.with.ann
Gold Member
I just received my oval baker today that I had ordered on kit enhancement. It's got a few glaze skips and pinhole bubbles...is this a normal problem with the glazed stoneware? In fact, the glaze looks rather thin, compared to the glaze on the small oval baker from my starter kit. Is this a defect, or is this just the norm?

Many thanks!

Ann

Ann,
I'd do a product adjustment and ask for a new one, they probably will ask for that one back, it's not right if it's "thin" in places.

I had a hostess return one to me, that had I little itty bitty spot out of the glaze and they replaced it NO ?? asked.

HTH,

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I think I'll do just that....but I think I'll wait until Monday when the rest of my order should arrive. That way if I have any other problems I can address them all at once!Ann

Last edited:

1. What are "glaze skips"?

"Glaze skips" refer to areas on a glazed dish where the glaze did not fully cover the surface, leaving patches of exposed clay or a lighter color.

2. Why do glaze skips occur?

Glaze skips can occur due to various factors such as uneven application of glaze, air bubbles in the glaze, or defects in the clay body.

3. Are glaze skips safe to use for cooking?

Yes, glaze skips do not affect the functionality or safety of the dish. However, they may cause uneven cooking or browning in some areas.

4. Can glaze skips be fixed?

Unfortunately, glaze skips cannot be fixed once the dish has been glazed and fired. However, you can try to prevent them by ensuring an even application of glaze and avoiding air bubbles.

5. Can I return or exchange a dish with glaze skips?

Our policy allows for returns or exchanges within a certain time frame, but we cannot guarantee that the replacement dish will not have glaze skips. This is a natural occurrence in the pottery process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Melissa78