• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Legal to Distribute Copied Recipes at Shows?

In summary, customers can easily access recipes from Pampered Chef's website or request a physical copy from their consultant. The recipes are not exclusive to Pampered Chef products and can be modified to fit dietary restrictions. There are also tips and recommendations for storing leftovers provided by consultants and on the website. Customers can also request specific recipes to be demonstrated at their show.
SusanK
I am joining in a couple of days and was wondering. I have a lot of recipes I would like to make at shows -- not Pampered Chef recipes -- is there any problem with copying these and giving them out at shows (to all participants that want them, not as a prize). I am thinking about copyright violations, but I am not selling them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

A couple of years ago, the MOMS Club I belong to created a cookbook. We had lots of questions about what recipes we could include and this is what we learned:

1. You cannot copyright a specific recipe. The only thing that can be copyrighted is an entire cookbook, not the individual recipes themselves.

2. That means copying recipes from cookbook, magazine, website, etc. is perfectly legal. You just can't copy the entire book, magazine, etc.

Therefore, if you want to type up some non-PC recipes and hand them out at shows, there is no legal issue. You wouldn't want to hand out any PC recipes currently available in any of our cookbooks, because then you decrease the chance of customers buying the cookbooks themselves.

Teresa George

!It is always best to err on the side of caution and not distribute copyrighted recipes without permission. Even if you are not selling them, distributing copyrighted material without permission can still be considered a copyright violation. It is always best to use original recipes or obtain permission from the creator of the recipe before distributing it at your shows. Additionally, as a consultant for Pampered Chef, it is important to promote and use their official recipes to showcase the products and their brand.

1. Can I get a copy of the recipes you used in the cooking demonstration?

Yes, absolutely! We want to make sure you have all the tools to recreate the delicious recipes we shared with you at the show. You can find all of our recipes on our website or you can request a physical copy from your consultant.

2. Are these recipes exclusive to Pampered Chef products?

No, our recipes are designed to work with any kitchen tools and ingredients. We want everyone to be able to enjoy our recipes, regardless of the products they have at home.

3. Can I modify the recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Of course! We understand that everyone has different dietary needs and preferences. Our recipes are meant to be versatile and can be modified to fit your specific needs. You can also check out our website for recipes that are specifically designed for certain dietary restrictions.

4. Do you have any recommendations for storing leftovers?

Yes, we do! Our consultants are trained to provide tips and tricks for storing leftovers, as well as recommendations for the best Pampered Chef products to use for storage. You can also find storage tips on our website.

5. Can I request specific recipes to be demonstrated at my show?

Absolutely! We want to make sure your show is tailored to your interests and needs. You can work with your consultant to request specific recipes to be demonstrated at your show, and they will do their best to accommodate your requests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMomto4
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • sarahjmpc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sjackson
  • sueleeskitchen