• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giving % off on website??

Nov 30, 2007
I was recently talking to another consultant who mentioned giving 10% off online orders for a booth she did. How would you do that?When they order online, doesn't it calculate the price for them?

kdangel518

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2009
She probably set it up as a show, which would mean that the orders would go through P3 before they got submitted. That would enable her to take 10% off the customer's payment, tack it on as a consultant gift, before the orders were submitted through to HO.

That's the only thing I can think of!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Kara's right. You would have to establish an on-line show and have the orders come to you to add the discount before submitting the order to HO.

kdangel518

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks for the confirmation Sheila! I took my smart pills this morning ;)

It's amazing what a full 8 hours of sleep will do for you!! :)

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
That's what I just did this past week. Set up a catalog show, and then when I downloaded the orders, I could process the discount as a Consultant Gift. The 'sale' generated a $256 show for me! (combined with the Sept stone sale...but my biggest orders didn't even order stones!)

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Thanks for the confirmation Sheila! I took my smart pills this morning ;)

It's amazing what a full 8 hours of sleep will do for you!! :)

Don't make me spit Diet Coke all over my computer laughing at you. Okay? ;)

elizabethfox

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2007
You can also give the customer a code for the 10% off that they can type in at checkout online. I use the codes I get when I host my own open houses. I usually only offer the 10% off discount during the holidays though.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
You can also give the customer a code for the 10% off that they can type in at checkout online. I use the codes I get when I host my own open houses. I usually only offer the 10% off discount during the holidays though.

How do you do that??

Rosechef

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah....how DO you do that???

PamperedChefLayla

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2009
Where do I put "consultant's gift"? I did a percentage off show a couple of weeks ago and will be doing one next week.

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
How do you do that??

From the wording, it looks like a Past Host Discount number that she is having the guests use as the code. It would give them the correct total but I would guess that there would be something different done before turning the show in.

Sep 12, 2009
When you use the "consultant's gift" option, to get a % off an order, does the consultant pay the difference? I.e., is it taken off the consultant's commission? I'm a real new-B, so be patient with my ignorance. ;)

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
It's not taken off of your commission. The show amount will be deducted from your debit card bank account. Your deposit from the show will be the show amount less your consultant gift amount. If you're going to do consultant gift, make sure that you have extra in your account to cover the expense. It's then a write off (tax wise) at the end of the year (up to a certain amount per person, I believe).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
Replies
Views