• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Scout Pampered Chef Fundraising Ideas for New Troops

In summary, a Girl Scout troop can do a PC fundraiser as long as it is approved by the council and done through a consultant.
Hunter Mom
Does anyone know if a girl scout troop can do a PC fundraiser? My daughter is part of a brand new troop, and we were thinking that something this spring after cookies (which, BTW, aren't that profitable for the troop!) are done might be a good idea.

It is against Girl Scout rules to do any other fundraiser than cookies and nuts. But if a mom has a show and wants to donate to the troop, that is ok. :)

really? i'm doing a girl scout fundraiser this upcoming saturday...it's been approved and everything BY the girl scouts organization i'm doing it for...

I've also known consultants who have done them.

It is against the GS rules to do any fundraiser that is not specifically FROM the scouts.

I am a first year troop leader and read the manual front to back. Under fundraising, the rules specifically state that the only official fundraisers approved by GS is QSP (magazines & nuts) and the cookies. Troops can raise additional funds by bake sales, making & selling jewelry etc... Under Money-Earning Basics the manual states "Girl Scouts forbids use of games of chance (no raffles), the direct solicitation of cash, and product-demonstration parties." The instructor specifically pointed out that statement and said "This means no Tupperware fundraisers, no candle parties and no Pampered Chef fundraisers. If any consultant asks you to do a fundraiser for a direct selling company, you have to let them know that Girl Scouts are not allowed to officially endorse any commercial products."

So, I have had time to think about that information. I think if a troop wants to have a fundraiser to raise funds for a trip or a specific event, they can BUT they cannot use the Girl Scouts' name in connection at all with the fundraiser.

The manual also states that any fundraising the troop wants to do has to be approved by the council in writing. So... if a troop has received, in writing, from the council permission to have a PC fundraiser, then it is ok.

So long story short, if you have been hired to do a fundraiser for a GS Troop, you're not doing anything wrong. They might be, but that's not your concern.

There is another thread here where about a year ago where we talked about good ways to help troops with their $ raising and still keep them within guidelines.

Could it be a council thing? I know with our Boy/Cub Scouts, we have to get approval for any "unofficial" fundraisers, but that it's often up to the COUNCIL in our area, not the National office.

esavvymom said:
Could it be a council thing? I know with our Boy/Cub Scouts, we have to get approval for any "unofficial" fundraisers, but that it's often up to the COUNCIL in our area, not the National office.

I think Boy/Cub Scouts aren't as regulated as GS are.

I've done several FR with Girl Scout troops - I didn't know they weren't supposed to until reading it on here in the past, and the troops never seemed to consider it an issue. Although, one lady who is a leader did end up just hosting her own FR, and inviting Moms of the girls, but also friends and neighbors, so it wasn't something the girls themselves actually participated in. But she also talked about the cookie sale not being so great for the actual troop. I like that with my son's Cub Scout Popcorn, we KNOW how much is actually going to his local troop.

Becky is right... Girl scouts is MUCH more strict! It has nothing to do with Councils. It has to do with policy and financial reports. Troops can only be sponsored up to $125 per year. There are exceptions if you are planning a big trip or event and there are guidelines for that.

esavvymom said:

The "council" goes by the national guidelines. The National office could not handle all such requests. All GS Councils Nation wide follow the same criteria.

I'm doing one for a Girl Scout council. The girls are not part of it so it's ok. They said that they will see how many PC consultants are in the council and let us take turns. I did one for a troop and was told to stop it. I changed it to a fundraiser for the troop leader and it did good. She cashed the check and gave it to her troop.

Hunter Mom said:
Does anyone know if a girl scout troop can do a PC fundraiser? My daughter is part of a brand new troop, and we were thinking that something this spring after cookies (which, BTW, aren't that profitable for the troop!) are done might be a good idea.

My niece's troop always made lots of money from cookies. It takes helpful parents that are willing to take time to bring their girls places to sell them. Let me know if you ever need any ideas. I've been helping out the troops with cookies for 18 years. I know a few tricks to get lots of sales.

1. What is the Girl Scout Pampered Chef fundraising program for new troops?

The Girl Scout Pampered Chef fundraising program is a partnership between Girl Scouts and Pampered Chef to help new troops raise funds for their activities and projects. It allows troops to sell Pampered Chef products and earn a portion of the profits.

2. How does the Girl Scout Pampered Chef fundraising program work?

The troop leader or designated parent will register for the program and receive a unique link to their own online Pampered Chef party. The troop will then promote the party and encourage friends, family, and community members to make purchases through the link. The troop will earn a percentage of the sales as profit.

3. What products can be sold through the Girl Scout Pampered Chef fundraising program?

The program offers a variety of Pampered Chef products, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. All products are high-quality and come with a satisfaction guarantee.

4. How much profit can a troop earn through the Girl Scout Pampered Chef fundraising program?

The profit percentage varies depending on the total sales of the troop. The more sales the troop makes, the higher their profit percentage will be. On average, troops can earn up to 15% in profits.

5. Is there a minimum amount of products that need to be sold for the troop to earn a profit?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 for the troop to earn any profits. If the troop does not reach this minimum, they will not receive any profits from the sales. However, there is no limit to how much a troop can earn through the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • esavvymom