• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Scout Fundraiser: Ideas for a Successful Cooking Class and Catalog Sales

I think it was about 10 girls. I charged $10 per girl which came out to be about $60.The leader actually hosted the show so she provided the recipe ingredients. Most of the troop showed up...I think it was about 10 girls. I charged $10 per girl which came out to be about $60.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I have someone intrested in doing fund raiser for their Girl Scout troop. I think we will have them do some catalog sales w/friends and family, but they also want to do a cooking class so they can get a badge.

Has anyone done this before? I've started reading through some of the "Kids in the Kitchen" info., but wanted to know if anyone had any other ideas. I thought maybe I could have something they could take home w/them afterward. Of course, I don't make much commission on fund raisers, so I don't want to spend a lot. I thought of at least a small cookbook I could get printed up w/maybe some tips for kids, etc.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks so much,

Rhonda B.

You may want to have the leader double check that their council will allow them to do a fundraiser. I'm a consultant and a Girl Scout Leader (11+ years). It's my understanding that Girl Scouts are not allowed to sell anyone else's product. I'm not sure, however, if that is a national rule or our local rule. Maybe something to do with the tax exempt status???? Anyway, before you get too involved, you might want to double check. Pam :confused:

I am in PA and the rule is the same here. To my understanding as well it is a national thing. Sorry!

Girl Scout Fundraisers The Trick is....I've been in GS for 9 years and have done 2 fund raiser shows. The last few years. The thing is that the GS does not support other companies or products and that is why the "Girls" can not do this as a fund raiser. The way to get around it, is a "MOM" hosts a fundraiser and gives the money to the troop. I've had the check made payable to the troop with the mom's name and address under it. One was a catalog show passed to the mom's (no girls going sell). The other was a show were the girls learned to cut vegs with the crikle cutter and could make the dip. Then we did a ice cream sunday bar and the girls chopped the cookies, cheese grated the chocolate, cool whip in the easy accent decorator, and put other things in the SA and the ice cream dipper of course. When that was done, we had a very quick recipe for the mom's. The show was almost $900 and helped the troop. The girls got to do the kids in the kitchen and earned money without selling. Hope this helps.
:)

showmehow2 said:
You may want to have the leader double check that their council will allow them to do a fundraiser. I'm a consultant and a Girl Scout Leader (11+ years). It's my understanding that Girl Scouts are not allowed to sell anyone else's product. I'm not sure, however, if that is a national rule or our local rule. Maybe something to do with the tax exempt status???? Anyway, before you get too involved, you might want to double check. Pam :confused:

I'm on my local girl scout council and you are right ~ we can't. You can sell your "cooking class" service to the troop.

Is there a badge that they can earn for helping raise funds for other groups? I was thinking of the HWC. They would be selling another companie products but as a fundrasier situation. If they earned a badge for it, could it be legit?

Curious because I was thingking of asking for their help for mine but I may have to find another group.

I did a cooking class with a local girl scout troop to earn their cooking badge. We made 2 molten chocolate skillet brownies. I had the leader do a chocolate quiz with the girls and I also had them do a match the name of the candy bar to the picture of the actual candy - they had lots of fun and I took orders from the moms.

pamper_the_chef said:
I did a cooking class with a local girl scout troop to earn their cooking badge. We made 2 molten chocolate skillet brownies. I had the leader do a chocolate quiz with the girls and I also had them do a match the name of the candy bar to the picture of the actual candy - they had lots of fun and I took orders from the moms.

How much did you charge for that? How many attended?

its_me_susan said:
How much did you charge for that? How many attended?

The leader actually hosted the show so she provided the recipe ingredients. Most of the troop showed up (12-16 girls) and there were about 8-10 moms who came throughout the course of the show. The sales were not high - probably around $175 - the leader was not really into this for the host benefits so she did not talk it up or get outside orders.

It was a learning experience and next time I do it I'll prepare and plan a bit differently but we had a good time. Plus we had this at the leader's house and it was pretty small - would have worked better at their meeting place. Hope this helps!

What is the Girl Scout Fundraiser?

The Girl Scout Fundraiser is an annual event where Girl Scout troops and individual members sell various products to raise funds for their troop activities, community service projects, and other expenses.

What types of products are sold during the Girl Scout Fundraiser?

Girl Scout troops typically sell cookies, nuts, candy, and other snacks during the fundraiser. Some troops may also offer non-food items such as magazines, candles, and gift wrap.

Who can participate in the Girl Scout Fundraiser?

Girl Scout troops, as well as individual Girl Scout members, can participate in the fundraiser. Members who participate in the fundraiser earn rewards and badges based on their sales.

Where can I purchase products from the Girl Scout Fundraiser?

Products from the Girl Scout Fundraiser can be purchased from individual Girl Scout members, at local booths set up by troops, or through the Girl Scouts' online ordering platform.

How can I support the Girl Scout Fundraiser without purchasing products?

If you do not wish to purchase products, you can still support the Girl Scout Fundraiser by making a donation to a troop or individual member. You can also volunteer your time to help with the fundraiser or spread the word about the event to friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • baychef