• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes Using Girl Scout Cookies - Any Ideas?

I'm from the Milwaukee area...but it's a good idea - I've been thinkin it..I'd need a cooling stone too for my ice cream! Thanks for the tip on the cookie cutter too...I'll try that out this week, thanks again!~Thanks for your input Nikkijo. I just don't understand why everyone has to be so far away!I was in the same boat as you on the cookies. We used to order them and would
pcchris
Silver Member
I'm wondering if anyone has any recipes that can made using Girl Scout cookies...my daughter is selling GS cookies right now, and I was thinking maybe there is a recipe that someone knows of so I can incorporate my PC business with her cookie sales! Any ideas?

cold stone ice cream show. put the stone in the freezer then mix frozen custard, cookies, fudge or any toppings together.

DUH! Never thought of that....thanks...boy do I feel dumb. have u ever done a cold stone show in winter? I see you're in WI...just like me...what area?

My daughter Lucy is also selling GS cookies so I will keep checking this thread to see what everyone comes up with.

Thanks, this is a good idea.

~

I don't understand the cold stone ice cream thing. Can someone explain it please? TIA

Never did it, but I read about that...freeze your stone, then either use Ice cream dippers, or other utensils, scoop custard and mix in toppings, just like at "Cold Stone Creameries" (gourmet ice cream). maybe more will post...and help me out too!!

Here is an outline from someone in my cluster...

Attachments

• Cold Stone Shows.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 570
okay, what is the point of the cold stone? Do you serve it to someone that way?

ABC Bakers is the official baker for Girl Scout cookies. Here's a link to recipes using the cookies (you can also link to nutritional information):http://www.girlscoutcookiesabc.com/atc/recipes/default.asp

pcchris said:
DUH! Never thought of that....thanks...boy do I feel dumb. have u ever done a cold stone show in winter? I see you're in WI...just like me...what area?

This is my first year in pc, so no I have not done a cold stone show yet. I've been doing panini show's and I think next week were going to do tortatini and I'm supplying the chicken for the deep covered baker.

I'm in Fond du Lac, WI...where are you located?

sillylittlechef said:
okay, what is the point of the cold stone? Do you serve it to someone that way?

The cold stone is what you mix everything on....my guess is so that the ice cream does not melt. All that I know is that at cold stone creamery this is the best ice cream (if you go get the small....they have huge portions)

My daughter Maddie is selling cookies too! It is her first year in Brownies and she is SO excited. Me? Not so much because not only am I the asst troop leader...I am also the Cookie Mom! ARGH!!! Can you imagine 100's of boxes of cookies in your house?LOL!!!

Oh boy Erin, sounds like fun, LOL! I'm also a leader for my daughter's troop, but not the cookie mom!
I was surprised too, that cookies aren't the same price around the country? They are $3.50 here, & my sis in MS said they are $3 there. Weird!

Here's a great recipe to use with Thin Mints:

Grasshopper Dessert Squares

21 fudge mint cookies (1 ¼ cups finely chopped)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 quart vanilla ice cream (or mint chocolate chip)
8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
4 drops green food coloring (optional)
Additional fudge mint cookies, cut in half (optional)
fresh mint leaves (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Finely chop cookies using Food Chopper; place in
Small Batter Bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of
Square Baker. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely. Place ice cream in refrigerator for 20 minutes to soften. Chill Classic Batter Bowl in refrigerator at the same time. Place Baker with cooled crust in freezer. Scoop ice cream into chilled Batter Bowl. Stir until softened and blended; gently fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired. Spread ice cream mixture evenly over cold crust. Cover with aluminum foil; freeze 6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Cut dessert into squares with knife dipped in warm water. Garnish each square with remaining whipped topping. Add cookie half and mint leaves, if desired.
Source: Delightful Desserts Cookbook

Erin - One year I had 1200 boxes in my living room -I miss my girls selling cookies, they are too old now.
I'm going to have to try the cold stone idea - GS cookies for toppings - great idea!

good morning ladies! Great recipe idea for the thin mints...everyone seems to like those the best! Ours are 3.50 a box too - yet another council, like 20 minutes away are only at 3.00...I dont get it either?!!?! I'm our troop's cookie mon this year too...but haven't cheked for recipes until this idea hit me last night! thanks everyone for your great ideas!

nikkijo - are you in a cluster from Beaver dam?? (Dont' want to giv out names) I'm trying to see your face on your avatar - but it's too small - i think i might know who you are...

I am thinking that my friend said that one of her friends' daughter from ?Washington? not sure about exactly where she was, had to pay I think it was $5 or $7/box and that was at least 1 to 2 years ago that I remember her saying that. That would be the reason I can't remember the specifics, lol.

Our cookies are $4.00 a box here in MO. And lucky me, I was almost cookie mom but slid by it at the last second! I live in the country, too far for others to drive (even though it's only ten minutes LOL). Thanks for the ideas I never thought about doing something with the cookies after purchasing.

Like I said - this is my 1st year as cookie mom...only because our past cookie mom's daughter decided she didn't want to be in Girl SCouts anymore. So, this is going to be an adventure for sure! I only have 10 girls, so it shouldn't be too bad LOL! hopefully more people will post more ideas...if i hear anything outside of CS, I will post so everyone can see too! Thanks to everyone who's replied! What an awesome group we are here in CS!

lacychef said:
Oh boy Erin, sounds like fun, LOL! I'm also a leader for my daughter's troop, but not the cookie mom!
I was surprised too, that cookies aren't the same price around the country? They are $3.50 here, & my sis in MS said they are $3 there. Weird!

No one else volunteered and I knew that one of us (our leader team) would get stuck so two of us took it on! One of my other leader team members is my latest recruit. The other is on the long term plan to be a consultant. Since we all live within four houses of each other she does not want to sign right now!!LOL!
Oh and we are $3.50 as well....strange!

lkspeir said:
Erin - One year I had 1200 boxes in my living room -I miss my girls selling cookies, they are too old now.
I'm going to have to try the cold stone idea - GS cookies for toppings - great idea!
Holy Cow...I don't have room for that! LOL!!! My office might have to fit some cookies!LOL! I will let you all knwo how well we do in our initial sales and the amount of cookies that I have to find room for! LOL!!:D

I would not be a good person to "watch" 1200 boxes of girl scout cookies!!

I'm with you Gil....all of the peanut butter ones and thin mints would be gone if the girls did not pick them up right away.

For those of you in charge of the cookies do you have to deliver them to the girls or do they pick them up at your house? Just wondering because that can take up a lot of room!

nikkijo said:
I'm with you Gil....all of the peanut butter ones and thin mints would be gone if the girls did not pick them up right away.

For those of you in charge of the cookies do you have to deliver them to the girls or do they pick them up at your house? Just wondering because that can take up a lot of room!

I am planning on pick up but we only have ten girls. One is in my house and three others live within 2 minutes of walking! Plus we are all military and I live right behind the commissary(base grocery store for those of you who are not military!) so everyone can swing by before or after shopping!!

The way we work pick up is that we have our parents pick them up at the drop off spot after we sort all of them. that way, the cookie mom doesn't have to take them all home! We have a large public building in town where the entire order is dropped off. After the total count, we then sort by troop. Girls and parents pick them up there. Works well!! My daughter sells enough on her own...don't need 10 girls' cookies in my house...not enough room! Plenty of time to worry about that though - they don't come in until the end of Feb.....good luck to all of you!

ok here is a recipe that Paula Dean had on her show. It is fabulous and so easy.
Buy a tube or two of sugar cookie dough
Slice the dough fairly thin and then put one round of dough, top it with a GS thin mint and then top that with another round of sugar cookie dough and back it. The dough forms around the thin mint and you have a surprise in the middle of your cookie. It really tastes great.

I know this isn't a recipe using Girl Scout cookies, but my daughter made these the other night at her Girl Scout meeting and they taste JUST like the choc/peanut butter Tagalong cookies! I couldn't get over how easy they were to make.

Ritz crackers
peanut butter
Almond Bark Chocolate

Melt the Almond bark Choc, spread Peanut Butter on two crackers, put them together.
Dip them in the almond chocolate and cool

They are to die for!!

Kelly :)

Melissa -
That sounds really yummy! Now I have to try that one out! Thank you!

Kelly - that sounds good too - will have to try that one with my troop!

You're all outstanding......keep em coming!

KellyRedHead said:
I know this isn't a recipe using Girl Scout cookies, but my daughter made these the other night at her Girl Scout meeting and they taste JUST like the choc/peanut butter Tagalong cookies! I couldn't get over how easy they were to make.

Ritz crackers
peanut butter
Almond Bark Chocolate

Melt the Almond bark Choc, spread Peanut Butter on two crackers, put them together.
Dip them in the almond chocolate and cool

They are to die for!!

Kelly :)

I made something similar this Christmas, and they tasted just like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies

Ritz Crackers
Melting Chocolate
Peppermint Oil

Melt Chocolate in small micro cooker, add peppermint oil to taste, dip cracker into chocolate, place on wax paper, sprinkle a few non-parels (sp?) on top, place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens...Yummy!

I did a show and a lady said that she knew someone who was a cookie mom and her house got broken into right after the boxes got delivered and the lady was responsible for all the cookies

Jennie4PC said:
I did a show and a lady said that she knew someone who was a cookie mom and her house got broken into right after the boxes got delivered and the lady was responsible for all the cookies

OMG how awful! Can you imagine the local news bulletin...be on the look out for a cookie thief....and it's not the cookie monster from sesame street

In all seriousness though that is so sad....I would think that if other items were missing as well she would have done an insurance claim and that would have been covered. I just can't get over someone stealing girl scout cookies....it's food and not a necessity to live type of food.

OMG that is terrible, but once the cookies are in our hands, we are reponsible...that's how it works. Bummer though - I hope she didn't have too many of them. I did find another recipe for the thin mints - but I don't have time to submit right now...will probably post tomorrow. How's that for a tease?!!?!?!? Just got home from working, and have to get ready for a cluster meeting....sorry! Nikki - got your msg re: dh...will get back to you.

Girl scout cookie recipes can be found all over the net just do a google search. I hold a recipe contest for my service unit every year. Each troop enters an original recipe for their age level and we have judges from Council and around to judge. The girls love it! In case you havent figured it out- I am the Service Unit Cookie Chair! I got roped into it about 5 yrs ago. I only have 25 troops so it is not as bad/ big as other units. Every year though it gets easier and easier cuz I keep all my forms from the year before and just change the info. Join the Fun! Kristi

LisaAnn said:
I made something similar this Christmas, and they tasted just like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies

Ritz Crackers
Melting Chocolate
Peppermint Oil

Melt Chocolate in small micro cooker, add peppermint oil to taste, dip cracker into chocolate, place on wax paper, sprinkle a few non-parels (sp?) on top, place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens...Yummy!

I seen a recipe like this in a magazine here a while back, can't remember where, and I thought that I needed to try it for my Dad, he used to eat those things all the time.

On a side note, LOL, I just noticed that Kristi's name is 'beeped' out, ROFL!!!!!

jdavis said:
On a side note, LOL, I just noticed that Kristi's name is 'beeped' out, ROFL!!!!!
Yes. I just had this discussion on another thread. I am a Pea- rooster! kristi:D

I just couldn't help it Kristi, LOL. I knew what it was supposed to be, but I just thought it was so friggin' funny.

jdavis said:
I just couldn't help it Kristi, LOL. I knew what it was supposed to be, but I just thought it was so friggin' funny.

Some websites, wont even let me register! I actually had one that everytime I typed in my name, a window popped up that said "It's not nice to use dirty words." LOL!
Kristi

OMG, then I would have died, LOL. Maybe you could put spaces in between a letter or two, or put the o as a 0 (that's a zero, lol).

I found a yummy recipe in an old Better Homes mag. last night for GS cookies..

It is a warm banana pudding trifle type thing..

Grill bananas (Using our Grill Pan! woo hoo)
Layer w/ prepared vanilla pudding that had sour cream whisked in and...
shortbread GS cookies..

I could post the actual recipe if anyone wants it.. but that was the basic idea.

I don't eat banana pudding but you could probably do a huge on in the new Trifle bowl w/ the Nila wafer recipe and use the grill pan again for grilling the bananas.. or grill other fruit.. like peaches.. yummm

OOOOOOOOO...sounds good.....would you please post that one? I'd love to try it out! I LOVE banana pudding!

dollfangs said:
ok here is a recipe that Paula Dean had on her show. It is fabulous and so easy.
Buy a tube or two of sugar cookie dough
Slice the dough fairly thin and then put one round of dough, top it with a GS thin mint and then top that with another round of sugar cookie dough and back it. The dough forms around the thin mint and you have a surprise in the middle of your cookie. It really tastes great.

These are so yummy!!! Especially when they're still warm. I have to freeze a couple of extra boxes of Thin Mints just for this recipe! :)

Here you go:

1 4 serving instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Prepare pudding w/ milk like on package.. whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Divide in half.. cover and refrig.

4 med firm bananas, peeled
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar (brown or white?? it doesn't say... brown would be good)
Cut each in half crosswise then in half (total of 16 pieces).
Brush on both sides w/ butter; sprinkle with sugar.
Heat the nonstick (PC!) grill over med. heat. Grill bananas about 2 min. or utnil browned and softened.. turn once

12 shortbread cookies, broken into 1 inch pieces (wouldn't the peanut butter ones be great too???)

1 tbs. honey
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Pecan halves, toasted (using stoneware or the 8" saute pan)

To serve, place 2 banana quarters in each of four parfait or dessert dishes, cut to fit. Top w/ cookies and pudding. Repeat layers.
Combine honey and nutmeg; drizzle over parfait.
Top w/ pecans

Each serving: (Don't look)

450 cal
20g fat
30 mg chol.... anyways... :)

YUM YUM

Sounds delicious! I'll be trying this one out tomorrow!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Chocolate Thin Mint PizzaHere's the recipe that I said I'd post if I found it - better late than never!

18oz refrig chocolate chunk cookie dough
1/2 pkg Thin mint cookies
1/2 c. white chocolate morsels
vanilla ice crem (optional)

roll out cookie dough on round stone, break thin mint cookies into halves or thirds, press into dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes. Remove from oven. Melt white chocolate morsels (micro-cooker), pour into bag and cut off corner of bag. (or maybe use the decorator bottle with round tip) Drizzle white chocolate over cookie, let stand till cool. Cut into wedges, serve with vanilla ice cream if desired. (ice cream dipper)

FYI - this is a recipe I got from a friend who retrieved it from ABC cookies' website. Haven't tried it yet, as the Thin mints are the first cookie GONE in this house. :eek: Darn sure am gonna try it though, when I get more mints. cool how we can incorporate PC items into recipe!:D

erinyourpclady said:
My daughter Maddie is selling cookies too! It is her first year in Brownies and she is SO excited. Me? Not so much because not only am I the asst troop leader...I am also the Cookie Mom! ARGH!!! Can you imagine 100's of boxes of cookies in your house?LOL!!!

How wierd! My daughter is a first year brownie, I am asst. leader and I am the cookie mom too!! I know, I am dreading all those cookies, and I can only imagine how many boxes we are going to have to buy that my husband eats!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mindy50135
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • mom4angela
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom