• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities for Consultants

In summary, the Girl Scouts are introducing new badges for all levels this year that supercede the old badges. For levels 4th & 5th grade, there is a cooking badge. For each level, there are progressively more complicated requirements. There are also financial literacy badges. If you're interested in helping your local troop out, you could volunteer to lead activities or see if other leaders are interested in
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Hey all - I am a Girl Scout leader and just got a look at our new badge books that take effect 10/1. There is a rollout of new badges for all girl levels this year that supercedes the previous badge books (this is a transition year, though, so they can still earn the old badges).

Across the levels, each level has a cooking badge. It gets progressively more complicated as the girls' age increases. For example, my daughter's level - Junior (4th & 5th grade) - requires that they learn how to make eggs, make a breakfast, make a dessert (there are 5 requirements, those are the ones I can remember... the books aren't out yet - I just got a sneak peek last night).

I know there have been opportunities in the past for consultants to assist troops with earning their badges. Just thought I'd give you a heads up that the requirements are changing and if you haven't already, it's a good time to think about making yourself available to your local troops to help them. As a leader, I'm always appreciative when someone else wants to lead an activity!

Get in touch with your local service unit and you could open the door to many troops! Our SU has an annual showcase where vendors come and have a display about what kind of things they can offer troops for activities/badges. It's not necessarily a huge moneymaker but can get you lots of contacts. If your local SU is open to you instructing at a unit-wide event that is open to multiple troops, your outreach can be huge.

I'll try to post more info if I can get my hands on the badge books ("Girls Guide"), but most likely the details won't be available till we get them... sometime mid to late Sept.

Thank you! I am trying to get my daughter into a troop and will be sure to let the leader know how handy I will be! :angel: It is hard to get into a troop around here!

I am also a leader! I have Cadettes and have been looking at the new badges that will be offered. The SU idea is great!

PCJenni said:
Thank you! I am trying to get my daughter into a troop and will be sure to let the leader know how handy I will be! :angel: It is hard to get into a troop around here!

You might have to volunteer to lead one - that's how I got roped in :)

The control freak in me likes it that way anyway.

Oh, and let me add... at each level, there are "financial literacy" badges. From what I could tell in reading (quickly) the requirements, you may be able to help fulfill some requirements there too, by discussing how to run your own business (budgeting, spending plan). The cookie business badges also have some requirements as far as marketing, busines planning, etc. You can be indispensable to your local troops! Keep in front of them - and their parents! :)

I have done MANY girl scout badges/fundraisers over the years. I was a leader for 9 years. Tons of fun, usually got a booking or two, the troop made a little $$--great fun!

Well, I'm a leader for my daughter's GS troop and my service unit leader shot me down! She said it is against the GS policy to be involve the GS in direct sales in any form other than soliciting their parents outside of girl scouts. However, this appears to be at the discretion of the service unit leader so please be sure you talk to them first! I'm in Virginia, so I'm sure it may be different from state to state. Oh, and I wanted to be clear that what I offered was two different options: one was to do just what you said...volunteer to teach the girls to cook and two, to see if the other leaders in the service unit were interested in me doing a demonstration so they could teach their girls things, too.

Nanisu said:
I have done MANY girl scout badges/fundraisers over the years. I was a leader for 9 years. Tons of fun, usually got a booking or two, the troop made a little $$--great fun!

I was DEFINITELY told the troops absolutely couldn't do the fundraiser through PC. Again, maybe it's just at the discretion of the SU leaders.:confused:

If it's like Boy Scouts, yes, it probably is up to the Units/Committees.

We marketed it to the parents as a badge, with parent involvement, and they could order from the catalog and the troop got the profits.

I have been a volunteer with the Girl Scouts for 18 years and work mostly with the council and my local Service Unit.
The girls can't sell PC but you can hold a fundraiser on your own to go towards Annual Family Giving. You can do it for a Service Unit or a Council. Just spread the word with the other leaders and ask them to forward your fundraiser info. Be sure to say that the girls will not be involved. Use the council as the organization.
You can hold indoor our outdoor cooking classes with the girls to help them with badges. The troop leader will like the host benefits.

I did a very successful fundraiser for our Boy Scouts who were doing all sorts of fundraisers for their hiking trip. I did not do an official FR for the boys, I donated my commission b/c it had to be made just to the troop.

I wish the Girl Scouts could be more like the Boy Scouts with fundraisers.

1. What is the Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities for Consultants program?

The Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities for Consultants program is a partnership between Pampered Chef and the Girl Scouts of the USA. It offers Girl Scouts the opportunity to earn cooking badges while learning valuable cooking skills and techniques from Pampered Chef consultants.

2. How do I get involved as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To get involved as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to your local Girl Scout council or troop leader and inquire about hosting a cooking badge event. You can also contact your Pampered Chef upline or mentor for more information on how to become a certified instructor for this program.

3. What are the requirements for hosting a Girl Scout Cooking Badge event?

To host a Girl Scout Cooking Badge event, you must be a certified Pampered Chef consultant and have completed the Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities training. You will also need to coordinate with your local Girl Scout council or troop leader to schedule the event and ensure all necessary materials and supplies are available.

4. What types of cooking badges can be earned through this program?

The Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities for Consultants program offers a variety of cooking badges for different age levels, such as the Simple Meals badge for Juniors, the Snacks badge for Brownies, and the New Cuisine badge for Cadettes. Each badge focuses on specific cooking skills and techniques.

5. How can I promote the Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities program to my Girl Scout troop?

You can promote the Girl Scout Cooking Badge Opportunities program to your Girl Scout troop by reaching out to your local council or troop leader and offering to host a cooking badge event. You can also create flyers or social media posts to spread the word among other Girl Scout troops in your area. Additionally, you can attend local Girl Scout events or meetings to share information about the program and its benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Helena Johnson
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef