• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Scout Fundraiser & Badge Idea

In summary, the conversation is about a cooking show fundraiser for a Girl Scout troop where the girls will work towards earning a cadette badge. The person asking for ideas is not sure of the requirements since they have not been a Girl Scout in a long time, so they ask for suggestions. Another person suggests contacting the Girl Scout leader directly for more information and mentions the possibility of providing a service for Brownies to earn a Try It badge. However, someone with experience in the Girl Scouts points out that fundraising is not allowed and provides a link to the list of badges that can be earned at that age. The conversation ends with well wishes for the fundraiser.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I'm not really sure where to post this. It is going to be a fundraiser, so, we'll start here. I just booked someone who wants to do a cooking show fundraiser with her daughter's Girl Scout troop and their parents/families. At the same time, she wants the girls to do something to work toward one of their badges. She said it will be a cadette badge, not a junior badge, and she'll have to research it a little to figure one out that works. Um, any ideas here? It's been a loooooooong time since I was a Girl Scout (at least, technically!). TIA!

janezapchef said:
I'm not really sure where to post this. It is going to be a fundraiser, so, we'll start here. I just booked someone who wants to do a cooking show fundraiser with her daughter's Girl Scout troop and their parents/families. At the same time, she wants the girls to do something to work toward one of their badges. She said it will be a cadette badge, not a junior badge, and she'll have to research it a little to figure one out that works. Um, any ideas here? It's been a loooooooong time since I was a Girl Scout (at least, technically!). TIA!

I only made it to Junior so I'm not sure of requirements...but I would see if you can contact the GS leader directly--she should know and it might be better than getting the info second hand.

But that just gave me a thought of a service we could possibly provide :) I can see it more for Brownies as a parent/daughter type of thing! And a Try It badge earned!

It is actually against the girl scouts policy to participate in fundraisers like ours ( I used to work for the Girl Scouts) It can only really be done if you "donate" the money that they would have earned. http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_central/insignia/list/11_17.asp here is a link to the page that shows what the girls this age an earn. Most of the requirements aren't listed online but you can usually borrow a book from the council, or possibly the library.
You could focus on anything from food, business, even breast cancer awareness with HWC. Good luck. Mara

What is the "Girl Scout Fundraiser & Badge Idea" program?

The "Girl Scout Fundraiser & Badge Idea" program is a collaboration between Pampered Chef and Girl Scouts to help troops raise funds and earn badges at the same time. It offers a variety of cooking and baking activities for Girl Scouts to complete while also raising money for their troop.

How does the program work?

Girl Scout troops can choose from a selection of Pampered Chef products and activities to sell to family, friends, and members of their community. Each product sold will earn the troop a percentage of the profits, which can be used for various troop expenses. In addition, girls can earn cooking and baking badges by completing the suggested activities.

What types of products and activities are available?

Pampered Chef offers a range of products and activities for Girl Scouts to choose from, including baking mixes, kitchen tools and accessories, and cooking classes. The activities are designed to be fun and educational, teaching girls essential cooking and baking skills while also helping them earn badges.

How can my troop get involved in the program?

To participate in the "Girl Scout Fundraiser & Badge Idea" program, troop leaders can contact their local Pampered Chef consultant to get started. The consultant will provide all the necessary materials and support to help your troop have a successful fundraiser and earn badges.

Can my troop use the funds raised for anything we want?

Yes, the funds raised through the "Girl Scout Fundraiser & Badge Idea" program can be used for any troop-related expenses, such as camping trips, community service projects, or purchasing new equipment. It's up to the troop leaders and girls to decide how to use the funds in the best way for their troop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shell Northway
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Hunter Mom