• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gingerbread House Inspiration: Beyond the Box

...chopped peanuts have made a driveway,stick candy (from cracker barrel) and a gum drop make lamp posts or porch pillarswe pipe royal icing wreaths and garland onto doors and windows and around the twizzlers (gutters) red hots make the berries.stacked marshmallows make snowmenteddy grahams make yard artmini candy canes and a candy bar make a sleigh (You can find wrapped candy I think dove brand that looks like packages) sticks of gum make the shutters
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have pics of gingerbread houses they've done in the past? I'm looking for ideas that are more than just the pic on the box. I'm so UNcreative and I'm tired of the same old house every year.

I'd help if I could. I'm planning to make my first one this year. The Furry Guy found the stone at a garage sale. I'll share a picture once I'm done, but that will be a week or so from now. And that, of course, assumes I'll manage to get the house built before The Furry Guy gets to the gingerbread.

sorry, we make ours homemade so have never had a photo to go by and haven't taken pictures in years but every year we make one
I raid the leftover Halloween candy and my kids and I have a blast candy shopping (big lots and dollar tree are the best places for cheap) but we also go to the candy store in the mall for a few unique thingsfor the roof, we have used mini ritz bits taken apart, necco wafers, frosted mini wheats, and one time royal icing just spread on to look like snow and sprinkled with white sanding sugar we have made trees out of sugar ice cream cones frosted with green royal icing and decorated with dragees in gold or silver or mini m & m' s,
tree pretzels (and stars can also sometimes be found at Sams) we dip them in green candy melts by wilton sprinkle on nerds for the ornaments

chopped peanuts have made a driveway,stick candy (from cracker barrel) and a gum drop make lamp posts or porch pillars
we pipe royal icing wreaths and garland onto doors and windows and around the twizzlers (gutters) red hots make the berries.
stacked marshmallows make snowmen
teddy grahams make yard art
mini candy canes and a candy bar make a sleigh (You can find wrapped candy I think dove brand that looks like packages)
sticks of gum make the shuttersIf i think of other ideas I'll let you know we haven't made ours yet this year

tootsie rolls make the woodpile

Okay, now that you have listed all of this we all expect a picture this year. I am lucky if ours even closely resembles the box. But we have fun anyway.

Teresa Lynn said:
sorry, we make ours homemade so have never had a photo to go by and haven't taken pictures in years but every year we make one
I raid the leftover Halloween candy and my kids and I have a blast candy shopping (big lots and dollar tree are the best places for cheap) but we also go to the candy store in the mall for a few unique things

for the roof, we have used mini ritz bits taken apart, necco wafers, frosted mini wheats, and one time royal icing just spread on to look like snow and sprinkled with white sanding sugar

we have made trees out of sugar ice cream cones frosted with green royal icing and decorated with dragees in gold or silver or mini m & m' s,
tree pretzels (and stars can also sometimes be found at Sams) we dip them in green candy melts by wilton sprinkle on nerds for the ornaments

chopped peanuts have made a driveway,

stick candy (from cracker barrel) and a gum drop make lamp posts or porch pillars
we pipe royal icing wreaths and garland onto doors and windows and around the twizzlers (gutters) red hots make the berries.
mini candy canes and a candy bar make a sleigh (You can find wrapped candy I think dove brand that looks like packages)
sticks of gum make the shutters

If i think of other ideas I'll let you know we haven't made ours yet this year

Teresa Lynn said:
I raid the leftover Halloween candy and my kids and I have a blast candy shopping (big lots and dollar tree are the best places for cheap) but we also go to the candy store in the mall for a few unique things

for the roof, we have used mini ritz bits taken apart, necco wafers, frosted mini wheats, and one time royal icing just spread on to look like snow and sprinkled with white sanding sugar

we have made trees out of sugar ice cream cones frosted with green royal icing and decorated with dragees in gold or silver or mini m & m' s,

chopped peanuts have made a driveway,

stick candy (from cracker barrel) and a gum drop make lamp posts or porch pillars
sticks of gum make the shutters

If i think of other ideas I'll let you know we haven't made ours yet this year

OMG!!!!!!!!! Teresa, you are from this day forward known as Martha to me! Amazing!!!!

I would never be brave enough to post a photo of mine here! They generally look like they were decorated by a small child :)

Mine too :D That's why I was looking for the creative people...and for Martha :D

I've been called that before :) I was talking to my daughter tonight about making it and she said mom, I don't have time this year so we may do Easter or Valentines

Ugh! I don't have my picture anymore. It was voted best at our "gathering" of gals from work, about 20-25 of us. I used cinnamon gum strips to make the roof (layered) and I can't remember what I used but I made a bulk head on the side of the house (I was the only one in our group to think of it LOL) Cant' remember anything else, since it's been about 3 years or so since I did that LOL I will have to see if the picture is still on my old computer or not LOL

I did it! I made my first gingerbread house. Here it is:

MyFirstGingerbreadHouse.jpg

I assembled it on the Reversible Bamboo Cheese Board. It worked beautifully.

This was in today's Atlanta Journal - I'm planning to print it and save for next year! http://projects.eveningedge.com/gallery/view/atlanta-holiday-guide/entertaining/gingerbread-house/

Wow! That's more time and effort than I'm willing to devote to a perishable decoration. LOL!

My grandma got the kids gingerbread house kits for Christmas, they will get them tonight at our party. We'll probably make them tomorrow. I'll take pics and post when they are done. Won't be anything spectacular, a 3 and 6 yo will be making them, but it should be fun!

Here is a kit gingerbread house that my 2 1/2 year old helped with. He put on most of the candy, but I helped him decide where to put it.

DSCF3878.JPG

DSCF3885.JPG

Cool! He did a good job. That one's a little more elaborate than the PC stoneware one I did.

raebates said:
Cool! He did a good job. That one's a little more elaborate than the PC stoneware one I did.

Thanks! It was super easy being a kit. I don't think he would be patient enough for me to bake one at this age.

One of my host has the stonewear gingerbread house. She said everytime she makes it, it caves in. Anyone have any hints to keep it standing?

It sounds like either the gingerbread isn't done enough or she needs thicker frosting to hold it together. I use a box mix and make the gingerbread cookie recipe.

I usually bake mine a little longer (like what Rae is suggesting). You want them crispy.

What is "Gingerbread House Inspiration: Beyond the Box"?

"Gingerbread House Inspiration: Beyond the Box" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features unique and creative ideas for decorating and building gingerbread houses.

Do I need any special tools or ingredients to make the gingerbread houses in this cookbook?

No, all of the recipes and ideas in this cookbook can be made using basic baking tools and ingredients that can be found in most kitchens.

Are the gingerbread houses in this cookbook difficult to make?

The difficulty level varies for each recipe, but there are options for all skill levels. Some are simple enough for children to help with, while others may require more advanced baking techniques.

Can I personalize the gingerbread houses to fit a specific theme or occasion?

Absolutely! The cookbook includes tips and ideas for customizing the gingerbread houses to fit different themes, holidays, or events.

Can I purchase pre-made gingerbread house kits to use with this cookbook?

Yes, many pre-made gingerbread house kits can be used with the recipes and decorating ideas in this cookbook. However, the cookbook also includes homemade gingerbread recipes for those who prefer to make the houses from scratch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLAM
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
  • timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies