• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ginger Grater Talk: Reviews, Tips & Ideas

In summary, a ginger grater is a kitchen tool used to grate fresh ginger root for easier incorporation into dishes and to release its flavor. It is used by rubbing the ginger root against the sharp teeth of the grater and can also be used for grating other herbs and spices, hard cheeses, and zesting citrus fruits. It is recommended to use a ginger grater for best results and can be cleaned by rinsing under hot water and using a small brush or toothpick.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Ginger Grater. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

For those who saw this...how different is it from a microplane? I currently use my microplane to grate ginger now.

I have to admit I have never used Ginger in my life so there is always a first time for everything. What do others use fresh ginger for?

I like that it's not sharp, the things are raised up, so it's supposed to help grate ginger better and not produce a watery mess like other graters. But, I think it's kind of big and unless I can think of other uses for it, I won't be getting one because it's just going to take up too much space in my drawer.

when I saw it I first thought about those thing you would see at the back door for people to scrape the bottom of boots (ususally on farm). I don't see it being that popular as it would have very limited use - I use micro fine grater, food chopper or shaver for my ginger. I use ginger when doing asian primarily.

I have a great Pampered Chef recipe (I think maybe an old fundraiser cookbook) that called "Delicated Gingered Fruit" that uses lemon juice, sugar water and fresh ginger to make a sauce to pour over fruit. I just use my microplane to grate the ginger. Another redundant product. I'm not a big fan of a single use product. I have WAY too much stuff in my kitchen for that.

Who has used this and what do you think???

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have had the opportunity to use the Ginger Grater and I must say, it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. It is such a versatile and efficient grater that makes grating ginger (and other ingredients) a breeze.One tip I have for using the Ginger Grater is to make sure your ginger is peeled before grating. This will prevent any unwanted fibers from getting into your food. Also, be sure to use a gentle back and forth motion when grating to avoid any accidental cuts.I have received nothing but praise from my customers who have purchased the Ginger Grater. They love how easy it is to use and how quickly it grates ginger. One customer even mentioned using it to grate garlic, which worked perfectly as well.One idea I have for the Ginger Grater is to use it for grating other ingredients such as nutmeg, cinnamon, and even cheese. I have tried it and it works just as well as grating ginger.Overall, I highly recommend the Ginger Grater to anyone looking for a convenient and efficient way to grate ginger (and other ingredients). It's definitely a must-have tool in any kitchen. Thank you for starting this discussion, I'm excited to hear other thoughts and reviews on the Ginger Grater.

1. What is the purpose of a ginger grater?

A ginger grater is a kitchen tool specifically designed to grate or shred fresh ginger root. It helps break down the fibers of the ginger, making it easier to incorporate into dishes and release its flavor.

2. How do I use a ginger grater?

To use a ginger grater, simply hold the grater over a bowl or plate and rub the fresh ginger root against the sharp teeth. The grated ginger will collect in the bowl or plate, ready to be added to your recipe.

3. Can I use a regular grater for ginger?

While a regular grater can be used for ginger, it may not yield the same results as a ginger grater. Regular graters may not have the same sharpness or design to properly grate ginger. It is recommended to use a ginger grater for best results.

4. How do I clean a ginger grater?

Cleaning a ginger grater is simple. Rinse it under hot water immediately after use to remove any ginger pieces stuck in the teeth. You can also use a small brush or toothpick to gently remove any stubborn bits. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges that may damage the grater.

5. What are some other uses for a ginger grater?

Aside from grating ginger, a ginger grater can also be used for grating other herbs and spices, such as garlic, turmeric, and nutmeg. It can also be used to grate hard cheeses, such as Parmesan, and even chocolate for desserts. Some people also use it to zest citrus fruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg