• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Gift Registry: Commission and Benefits for Consultants

In summary, this consultant says that if you set up a gift registry for a bride or another customer, why don't you receive a commission? The advantage to the consultant if the future bride gets lots of PC gifts is that she would buy them from the consultant. Another advantage to the consultant is that she would get the same commission on any other sale.
Happy Mom
I am confused. If you set up a gift registry for a bride or another customer, why don't you receive a commission? Why would anyone want to work for free?

Setting up the registry and updating it takes time. You would have to call the bride-to-be several times. My time is valuable. If I don't receive any credit or money for doing the gift registry, what are the advantages to the consultant? Realistically, if the future bride gets lots of PC gifts, what would she buy from me?

Is this correct or did I misunderstand the concept of the gift registry?

Commission is the sameThe commission received on a registry that you created is the same as you would receive on any other sale.

Just a tip - my first Pampered bride show, I set the registry up and posted it before the shower, and several large orders were placed through the registry and the host did not receive credit for those sales. It was no matter to me, but the host and bride lost out on about $400 in sales!

Now, I set the registry up after the show for the bride's family and friends to purchase wedding gifts.

If you set up a gift registry and people purchase it straight off of the website, you do get commission. It shows up on your commission statement as an individual order.

If you're having a Pampered Bride show and the bride wants the registry listed online as well, have her (or the host) instruct them to just view the reigstry online, not make purchases from it. Then they can call you directly to place the order so it gets added to her Pampered Bride show. Or don't post the registry until after the shower or event, as was suggested above. I wish there was a way to put the actual registry on OUR website, not just the main PC one. That way all orders can get compiled as a show to give the bride the host benefits.

pamperedbecky said:
I wish there was a way to put the actual registry on OUR website, not just the main PC one. That way all orders can get compiled as a show to give the bride the host benefits.
Wouldn't be great if for the PC bride shows the wish list and the registry were linked or even have the wish list and a bride list that linked to the registry!

Gift registryThanks to all of you for the information about the registry. Now I understand the process.

Gift Registry FixUnfortunately I can't take credit for this..but at National Conference this year I took the website workshop and got a great idea for the Gift Registry confusion. I too wish they would transfer the Gift Registry option to our personal websites. The best way for that to happen is for all of us to send the request into field service. But in the mean time...

Set up the Bridal Show on your Pampered Chef personal website just as if it were a regular Kitchen Show. Get the bride to fill out a wish list/gift registry on paper. Then take that list and put it in under the "wish list" feature behind the "host only" section of your personal website. The bride can do this herself or you can do it for her. Then take that completed wish list and highlight it with your mouse. While it's still highlighted right click on it and choose "copy". Then go to your "NEWS" page and create a news item titled "BETTY BRIDE'S GIFT REGISTRY" (obviously insert correct name, haha). Inside of that news item give instructions on how to place the order on your website (you know, use the brides name as the host) and then right click on the next blank line and choose "paste". This will paste the "wish list" into the news item and show what she has chosen for her registry.

Now - as the bride changes things or items get purchased, you'd then have to go in and update that manually. Unlike the Gift Registry on the home website, it won't update all by itself. But - the orders get emailed to you for you to add it to the Bridal Show instead of going straight to the Home Office. This allows you to add it to the show for host benefits instead of it bypassing you.

I currently have a bridal registry going on my personal website if you want to check it out. www.pamperedchef.biz/beccaw

Hope this helps!

Becca,
VERY good suggestion!! I love it. I have a Pampered Bride show coming up in September and was wondering how to get people to see the gift registry without confusing them and ensuring it goes on the brides show. Perfect! Thanks so much for posting that. :)

Becky,

Thanks, that is a great idea. I will check out your site.

Becca,
I like your site. I was just wondering at the top how did you get it to say "Becca's Kitchen Connection"? Mine currently says welcome to Rachel Sollman's website.blah :p

Website HeaderWhen you go in through Consultants Corner to edit your Personal Website - click on "UPDATE YOUR HOMEPAGE CONTENT". The very first line that you come to where you can type information says "Website Greeting/Title". You just type in what you want there.

Another really great idea to put in the title (that I got from that workshop at Conference) is to put the date that you last updated it in parentheses. This shows your customers that you really do keep your site current. Now...it also shows if you don't like I went for 2 1/2 weeks before I changed anything so it had a mid-July date on there for a while.

But if your customers see that you are constantly updating your site they'll come back.

Hope that helps!

Pampered BrideOne of the show types that can be set up on your web site is a Pampered Bride show. So there is no reason what so ever to use the one on the Pampered Chef web site. This makes things much easier for you to keep track of orders but the host and/or bride won't loose any sales as they will automatically be placed by you on their show.
It is amazing what that site can do for your business. And for your hosts, especially when you are able to get a Pampered Bride show on there. No one looses and it is easier for guests to use as well. At least I think so.
I am doing one on the 10th of September and had no intention of putting together the registry. Strictly personal web site all the way.
I did pay for it, may as well use properly!

After the showerI am using the registry for after the shower has been submitted and giving the bride the registry cards to include in her wedding invitation (like any other registry). That way, maybe guests will purchase gifts from PC and you end up with the commission.

The registry can be used for all sorts of things, birthdays, housewarmings, etc., where there is not going to be a show. It is just like a Target, Macy's or Babies R Us registry.

That worksJust rememebr though after September 1, P.C. is putting the order without a show thing back on our sites. Just like we had last Christmas. So you won't need to deal with the registry at all if you do not want too. Personally, the people I talked too, they called me after getting frustrated in the registry, when I set up a Pampered Housewarming for an after the fact bridal thing. The couple eloped so there was no shower. But most of them hated it.

But
pampered1224 said:
Just rememebr though after September 1, P.C. is putting the order without a show thing back on our sites. Just like we had last Christmas. So you won't need to deal with the registry at all if you do not want too. Personally, the people I talked too, they called me after getting frustrated in the registry, when I set up a Pampered Housewarming for an after the fact bridal thing. The couple eloped so there was no shower. But most of them hated it.

That is true, but without a registry, guests will not know what items the bride/groom want or need.

Bridal RegistryI took Becca's Advise.... I gave my couple the book... gave them some ideas for a first kitchen and then let them go to town.... i got a pic of them... and posted it on my NEWS and make categories for the items and listed what they registered for as well as how many they want as well as the price. Informed them to contact me to order and then i would list that item FULFILLED (like target or others ) Then since there was not enough time to get it in by the shower date... i offer to wrap and deliver (the live near me) and i make a little info card attached to a SB (past and current) (i only had 2 orders) and the guest inserted that into a small gift bag to give at the shower. HERE IS THE BONUS.... those 2 orders prior to ship/tax were able to be considered a catalog show. And i put it in the bride to be's name deliver c/o to my house and she is already at $25.00 in free product. When i go to close... i will go through and pick off her list (since i know what she wants) and give it to her.... IT COULD look like you are giving them a gift too..... or you could explain how easy and simple it was to get that FREE product for them.. that she could (after settled in) have a home show and get more....

just a thought.... and thanks to Becca for the idea!

So Cool!I took heed to Becca's advice as well. FANTASTIC IDEA! That is the perfect way to do it. First you can explain how to use the on-line ordering from a show then let everyone know what the bride wants. Kudo's to Becca for sharing that idea. It is perfect! That way no one looses out on anything. Simple suggestion then would be to NOT use the registry after the show closes either but set up a catalog show, odviously booked from the bride's kitchen show, in the bride's name on the web site. Point every one there again still using Becca's News item for the wish list still needing attention. Again, even more benfits for the bride-to-be! Even another Host Bonus possiblity! I don't think there is any rule that says a catalog show for the month immediately following the current Kitchen Show's month is not allowed by the same host. So it is a win, win, win, WOW for everyone involved.

BeccaI just checked out your site ! I love it , i like how you put the updated on 9/1/05 in top, that is a good idea , i also really like how you set up the bridal registrey. That is a really good idea !!! It makes it a lot easier for customers !! :D

Chef Becca said:
Set up the Bridal Show on your Pampered Chef personal website just as if it were a regular Kitchen Show. Get the bride to fill out a wish list/gift registry on paper. Then take that list and put it in under the "wish list" feature behind the "host only" section of your personal website. The bride can do this herself or you can do it for her. Then take that completed wish list and highlight it with your mouse. While it's still highlighted right click on it and choose "copy". Then go to your "NEWS" page and create a news item titled "BETTY BRIDE'S GIFT REGISTRY" (obviously insert correct name, haha). Inside of that news item give instructions on how to place the order on your website (you know, use the brides name as the host) and then right click on the next blank line and choose "paste". This will paste the "wish list" into the news item and show what she has chosen for her registry.

I just had my first Pampered Bride show, and I did something similar to this, but with a slight modification:
I did have my bride set up her registry through the registry page, but I kept it hidden (so only she and I can access it). When you go to the registry page through CC you can go to the report link. I copied the information out of there into the News section.
Once I close out her show, I can then just go to her registry and make it available to other customers. Then they can still purchase from her registry, with no extra work from me!

What is a gift registry?

A gift registry is a list of items that a person or couple would like to receive as gifts for a special occasion, such as a wedding, bridal shower, or housewarming. It allows friends and family to easily choose and purchase gifts that the recipient will love.

Can I create a gift registry with Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a convenient online gift registry service. You can easily add Pampered Chef products to your registry and share it with your friends and family.

How do I add items to my gift registry?

To add items to your gift registry, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Registry" tab. From there, you can browse and add products to your registry. You can also add items directly from the product pages by clicking the "Add to Registry" button.

Can I customize my gift registry?

Yes, you can customize your gift registry by adding a personalized message, choosing a theme, and setting a priority level for each item. You can also add items from other websites to your Pampered Chef gift registry using the "Add from Anywhere" feature.

How do I share my gift registry with others?

You can share your gift registry with others by clicking on the "Share Registry" button on your registry page. You can share it via email, social media, or by copying the link and sending it directly to your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • kdangel518