• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jar Gift Ideas for the Holidays - Recipes & Tips for Using 1 qt Jars

In summary, the group is discussing holiday gift ideas using jars instead of small batter bowls. It is mentioned that a 1 qt jar can be used instead and there are thousands of recipes for jar gifts available online. Some suggested recipes include Texas cornbread, potato soup, cheese soup, chicken noodle soup, cookie mixes, and brownie mixes. One person also suggests layering dry ingredients for cookies, hot cocoa, or soup in a jar for a festive and tasty gift.
crysboo
Hey guys. I was looking in the PC archives and found holiday gift ideas with the small batter bowl. I want to do the same thing but I think I'll use jars instead. Does anyone have any other recipes for these jar gifts? and would it look the same in a 1 qt jar as it would in the small batter bowl? Thanks

Since the small batter bowl holds 1 quart, you absolutely can substitute a 1 quart jar- the layers will be slightly thicker at the top since a jar isn't as big around as the BB, though. There are literally thousands of recipes for those recipe jars on the internet. Just search for "quart jar layered gifts."

If you google gifts in a jar, you will come up with way more ideas than you can ever use. ;) The 1 qt batter bowl and the 1 qt jars are interchangeable on virtually any layered mix.

Personally, I like the gifts in a batter bowl - because when the mix is gone - you have a batter bowl that can be used for years!

we have a bunch!! just google them...my girls group that i lead made these to sale as a fundraiser this coming weekend!

texas Cornbread...google it its on organized christmas
potato soup...google again
cheese soup...google
chickennoodle soup
cookie mixes
brownie mixes

Hi there! I love the idea of using jars for holiday gifts, and I think it would work just as well as the small batter bowl. One recipe that comes to mind is a layered cookie mix in a jar. You can layer all the dry ingredients for your favorite cookie recipe, add a festive ribbon and instructions for baking, and voila! You have a delicious and cute gift. You could also try layering ingredients for hot cocoa or soup in a jar. Happy gifting!

What are some easy and popular "Gift in a Jar" ideas?

Some popular "Gift in a Jar" ideas include layered cookie mixes, homemade hot chocolate mix, soup mixes, and bath salts. These can all be easily made and personalized with different ingredients and packaging.

What are some creative ways to decorate a "Gift in a Jar"?

Some creative ways to decorate a "Gift in a Jar" include tying a ribbon or twine around the lid, adding a personalized label or tag, attaching a small ornament or trinket to the jar, or wrapping the jar in decorative tissue paper or fabric.

Can "Gift in a Jar" ideas be made for specific dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Gift in a Jar" ideas can be easily adapted for specific dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour and oats for a layered cookie mix, or use dairy-free ingredients for a hot chocolate mix. You can also include a list of ingredients and allergen information with the gift for the recipient's reference.

Are there any "Gift in a Jar" ideas that are suitable for kids to make?

Yes, "Gift in a Jar" ideas can be a fun and easy activity for kids to make. Some ideas include trail mix jars, homemade playdough mix, or a decorated jar filled with small toys or trinkets. You can also involve kids in the packaging and decorating process to make it more personalized.

Can "Gift in a Jar" ideas be made in advance?

Yes, "Gift in a Jar" ideas can be made in advance. In fact, many recipes for jar mixes can be stored for several months, making them perfect for gifting during the holiday season. Just make sure to properly seal the jars and store them in a cool, dry place until you are ready to give them as gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • chefkara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkara
  • babywings76