• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificates: How They Work & Benefits of Making Your Own

In summary, HO gift certificates can be redeemed for personal use online or at shows, but there is no shipping and handling involved and no tax.
Jennie_becca
How exactly do gift certificates work? Do I get commission for selling one? Or is it better to make one up to use only with me? TIA

Yes you do earn your normal commission for selling a gift certificate. You can have it sent to the gift giver OR the recipient (just fill in appropriate info in PP). Commission is earned right away, so it doesn't matter when the recipient redeems it. However the recipient can only redeem the gift certificate online or by mail and not through you or another consultant. (Well, technically, I've helped a customer by redeeming the gift certificate for them by going online and entering her order, her gc number and her mailing info, but the customer can do it all herself!)

Some consultants prefer to make up their own gift certificates and then when the recipient redeems it, the consultant can just place an individual order.

Hope that helps!

Yes,I have heard from several consultants that it is just easier to make up your own. Here is one that I stole from someone off this site.

Attachments

• Gift Certificates.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 850
The thing is with one straight from HO is that you cannot redeem it at a show, which doesn't make much sense IMO, and if they end up redeeming it online you don't get anything off what they go over the GC, if they do...(Unless they did change it, I have been so busy lately got my head stuck in the clouds and don't remember even half the stuff that has changed lately) so if I am wrong, please correct me if you know.

Anyway, if you do one directly for yourself, it would save the recipient on s&h if you just put it in with a show that is going in, that is if they want to do it that way. Does that make sense?

They can't redeem it on a personal website, only the HO website. So, if there are any problems, most would just let it go rather than call HO or "bother" a consultant they might happen to know.I'm not positive, but I don't think there is Shipping and Handling on just a gift certificate from HO. There also is no tax - the products are taxed at the time the GC is redeemed.

I mean s&h and tax when they redeem the GC.....sorry if I confused.

Thanks for starting this thread. I had no idea. I guess I need to check up on things!

What is a gift certificate?

A gift certificate is a type of voucher or card that can be redeemed for a specific value or service. It serves as a prepaid form of payment and is often used as a gift for special occasions or as a promotional tool by businesses.

How do gift certificates work?

Gift certificates typically have a unique code or number that is entered at the time of purchase to redeem the specified value or service. They can be used as partial or full payment for products or services, and any remaining balance can be carried over for future use.

What are the benefits of creating your own gift certificates?

Creating your own gift certificates allows for customization and personalization, making them more thoughtful and unique gifts. It also gives you control over the value and terms of the certificate, allowing you to tailor it to your business or the recipient's preferences.

Can gift certificates expire?

In most cases, gift certificates cannot expire. However, some states have laws that require gift certificates to have an expiration date, usually no earlier than 5 years from the date of purchase. It is important to check your state's laws and include an expiration date if necessary.

What are the benefits of using gift certificates for businesses?

Gift certificates can help increase sales and attract new customers. They also provide a way to track and manage gift card transactions, making it easier to keep track of revenue and customer loyalty. Additionally, gift certificates can be used as a marketing tool to promote special offers or new products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • KayPT
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • rbvernon