• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Ways to Utilize Gift Certificates for Boosting Business

T
theapronfits
I love the idea of giving out GCs to help drum up business; but I'm not sure how to going about doing that in a cost effective manner.

Do I cover the entire cost of the GC, or is there a GC I buy through the PC for a reduced cost to me? :confused: I am a new consultant, and I can't afford too much in "extras".

Thanks, your help means alot to me!

What I would do instead of purchasing a GC from PC is make up one of my own - there are a few posted on here in the files. This way the person has to redeem only with you and it will not cost you anything until they do. Then when they come to redeem it, you would attach it to a show you are submitting - added on to the hostess order to use their discount to purchase the customers items and reduce your out of pocket expense. Plus, usually the person will purchase above the GC amount and then it is sales for you. Hope this makes sense.

Sharon

How do you get them?I was wondering about gift cert's myself--how do you (as a consultant or a customer) get them from PC? If it's through the web page, under what heading? Or can we order them on Pampered Partener?

D.C.

Two types of gift certificates
Deborah Czarnecki said:
I was wondering about gift cert's myself--how do you (as a consultant or a customer) get them from PC? If it's through the web page, under what heading? Or can we order them on Pampered Partener?

D.C.
I've tried to post this info about 5 times now and my laptop locks up. I'm going to try to post again, and if it goes through, I'll delete this one. But, here's what I'm trying to post. I just typed it in Word so that I didn't have to type a 6th time! :confused:

Attachments

• Two Types of Gift Certificates.doc
    22 KB · Views: 277
Deborah Czarnecki said:
I was wondering about gift cert's myself--how do you (as a consultant or a customer) get them from PC? If it's through the web page, under what heading? Or can we order them on Pampered Partener?

D.C.
There are basically two Types of Gift Certificates: Those created by a Consultant, and the Official Pampered Chef Home Office Issued.

Home Office Issued:
When you received your starter kit, there was a copy of a sample Pampered Chef Gift Certificate, and a paper “form” to complete to order Pampered Chef Gift Certificates if you mail in your shows. This “form” is convenient to use even if you use Pampered Partner because it provides a place for the purchaser to write down what they want on the actual Pampered Chef Gift Certificate.

When you order the PC Gift Certificates through Pampered Partner, you type in item # 9998. You have the option of increasing the amount from $20 to any $5+ increments.
The TO: line is optional. You do not have to put who it is to.
You must however, list where home office should mail the gift certificate (address, city, state, zip fields required.)
You must list the purchaser's name and phone number. You could list as "secret admirer", etc.
You also have the option of listing a special message (up to 60 characters) that will be printed on the certificate. (A special gift for your new home. Pick something nice for your new kitchen. Happy Birthday, Etc.)

You as the consultant will automatically receive commission on the gift certificate at the time it is ordered. It can then only be redeemed by the recipient through ONLINE or MAILORDER. The owner of the certificate must pay direct shipping charges.

Continued on next post...

Two types of gift certificatesConsultant Created:
Many consultants create their own gift certificates they can “sell” or “give away” to customers. If selling: ConnieConsultant creates a Gift Certificate using her home computer and prints it out. GloriaGuest wants to buy a $20 gift certificate. ConnieConsultant gives her one of her homemade ones. The homemade one can only be redeemed through ConnieConsultant, not CaseyConsultant or JaneConsultant. HollyHost still wants the $20 GC to be part of her show total, just like the official certificate would be. If that $20 GC boosts the show average to the next level, ConnieConsultant must purchase $20 in products to make up the difference.

Now, GloriaGuest gives SisterSue the $20 gift certificate and a catalog for her birthday. SisterSue sees $35 in products she wants. She emails or calls the number listed on the Gift Certificate. ConnieConsultant is more than happy to order the products for her. ConnieConsultant has another show open right now with HandsomeHost. Connie adds SisterSue’s products to HandsomeHost’s host order. That way, Connie is getting the Handsome host’s show discount and is making up for the $20 she may or may not have initially spent at HollyHost’s show.

There are many consultant made gift certificates on this site. You’ll just have to do a search.

Is this just as clear as mud?? If not, contact me and I’ll add more dirt!! Tee-hee!

FyiI needed to order some GC to add to baskets I was donating to a local charity for auction - and I wanted to GC to reflect my name (I want the credit and the business!). I added them to a current show to help out the hostess, but received a call from HO because the GC's cannot be in the of a consultant. I ended up using my mothers name and in the comments HO indicated they where donated by me.

Just an FYI

1. How can gift certificates be used to boost business?

Gift certificates can be used as a marketing tool to attract new customers and retain current ones. By offering gift certificates, you are essentially giving customers a reason to come back to your business and potentially spend more money.

2. Are there specific ways to effectively use gift certificates for business growth?

Yes, there are a few key ways to effectively use gift certificates for business growth. These include offering them as rewards for customer referrals, using them as incentives for new customers to try your business, and using them as part of a loyalty program for repeat customers.

3. How do I determine the cost of gift certificates?

You can determine the cost of gift certificates by considering the average amount customers spend at your business and the desired profit margin. It's important to make sure the cost of the gift certificate covers the cost of the products or services being redeemed, but also provides enough profit to make it worthwhile for your business.

4. Do I need to cover the entire cost of the gift certificate for it to be effective?

No, you don't necessarily need to cover the entire cost of the gift certificate. You can offer a discount on the gift certificate, such as a percentage off or a buy one get one free deal, to entice customers to purchase them. This can also help make it more cost effective for your business.

5. Are there cost-effective ways to purchase gift certificates?

Yes, there are a few options for purchasing gift certificates at a reduced cost. You can purchase them in bulk from a printing company or order them online through a platform that offers discounted rates for businesses. You can also create and print your own gift certificates using templates or software programs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KaiKendall