• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do Gift Certificates Work in Fundraisers and Raffles?

I should have been thinking more when I split them up. I had $115 and did 4 $25 and a $15, forgetting that it's $20 to buy a GC. It is possible to use part of a GC and save the rest for later. In summary, the conversation discusses using gift certificates (GCs) for a fundraiser and the process of ordering and using them. It is suggested to enter the GC recipients' names and addresses into PP and have the GCs mailed to them with a catalog. It is also mentioned that GCs cannot be used during shows, but can count towards guest sales. It is recommended to make your own GCs and hold onto the cash until they are used. One person is having trouble getting
lisacb77
When you enter the GC item into PP, how does it work? Does it automatically create it in that customer's name? Does it ship with the rest of the show order?

Here's my situation. I have a fundraiser. At their happy hour last week, we did a raffle and the money goes towards orders for the fundraiser. I am having some trouble getting a hold of the winners. I wanted to just go ahead and order the GCs in their name if I don't hear from them soon so I can close out the fundraiser...would use the cash raised to pay for them.

Would this work out in giving me GCs to give each of them in their name? I am chairing the FR so all will come to me anyway.

OR, am I better buying a big PC GC in my name, and then using it as they order (if ever)? Can you use part of a GC and save the rest for later?

Help! Thanks,

When you enter a GC into PP you can enter in the recipients name and address and a short message. It gets mailed (USPS) to the recipient with a catalog.

I would put the GC's in the winners names and have them sent to you if you can't get their addresses. I think that you have to use it all at one time though!

Thanks Gillian. I have addresses for all but one who is on the committee so I can track him down that way.

I should have been thinking more when I split them up. I had $115 and did 4 $25 and a $15...forgetting that it's $20 to buy a GC! Hopefully I'll hear from them or I guess I can just send the $15 guy a handmade one to redeem with me or just kick in the $5 to be done with it.

Wow I just love the way you guys come up with these ideas. Can someone tell me about the outlet ...

lisacb77 said:
When you enter the GC item into PP, how does it work? Does it automatically create it in that customer's name? Does it ship with the rest of the show order?

Here's my situation. I have a fundraiser. At their happy hour last week, we did a raffle and the money goes towards orders for the fundraiser. I am having some trouble getting a hold of the winners. I wanted to just go ahead and order the GCs in their name if I don't hear from them soon so I can close out the fundraiser...would use the cash raised to pay for them.

Would this work out in giving me GCs to give each of them in their name? I am chairing the FR so all will come to me anyway.

OR, am I better buying a big PC GC in my name, and then using it as they order (if ever)? Can you use part of a GC and save the rest for later?

Help! Thanks,

Did you know: The Pampered Chef gift certificates must be used either on line or by mail. They can not be used when ordering at or through a show. Individual shipping applies. They do, however, count toward the guest sales total when ordered through a show and shipping and handling is not added to the order for gift certificates - if she buys a $20 gift certificate she pays $20. The recipient of the GC can choose to get the full amount in products and pay the tax and shipping or she can purchase so that shipping and tax comes out of the GC.

(edited to add information)

Last edited:
In that case you should make you own, and just keep the cash with your record until they spend it. That way they can help a host friend, get extra if they host, or even get the guest special when they order.

Thanks ladies...definitely some helpful pointers! Beth, thanks for explaining how to use them and who gets credit. I wanted the credit to go on guest sales for this FR so that is good to know.

Update: I did call the 4 of the 5 winners I hadn't heard from. I have an order now from one, an email from another promising me an order and talked to a third who also promised to send in. So just one I haven't heard from, and he's one of the $25...so I will buy and send him the GC if he doesn't respond. If he never uses it, not my worry!

Thanks again :D I love this place. SO much better than my day job :(

Pc Gc
lisacb77 said:
Thanks Gillian. I have addresses for all but one who is on the committee so I can track him down that way.

I should have been thinking more when I split them up. I had $115 and did 4 $25 and a $15...forgetting that it's $20 to buy a GC! Hopefully I'll hear from them or I guess I can just send the $15 guy a handmade one to redeem with me or just kick in the $5 to be done with it.

I buy these as donations to my DAY job affiliations, I type in for the name:

Winner of GC. After all PC never sees the name, the person either orders online or via 800 no :)

I even sent one to someone who refused it, so I put a different name on it, per Solution Ctr.

HTH

What do you mean, you buy these as donations to your day affiliations

1. How do I purchase a Pampered Chef gift certificate?

To purchase a Pampered Chef gift certificate, simply visit our website and click on the "gift certificates" tab. From there, you can choose the amount and delivery method for the gift certificate.

2. Can I use a gift certificate to purchase products online?

Yes, our gift certificates can be used for online purchases as well as in-person purchases at any Pampered Chef party or event.

3. Is there an expiration date for Pampered Chef gift certificates?

No, our gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be used at any time, with no rush to redeem them.

4. Can I use multiple gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can combine multiple gift certificates to use towards one purchase. Simply enter the codes for each gift certificate during the checkout process.

5. Can I redeem a gift certificate for cash?

No, our gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. They can only be used towards the purchase of Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Melissa78