• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Gift Certificates Be Used as Payment in a Show?

In summary, the conversation discussed the limitations of using a gift card as payment for a Pampered Chef show. It was mentioned that gift cards can only be used online or through mail-in orders with direct shipping charges. There was also a suggestion to adjust commissionable sales to account for the gift card payment, but it was unsure if consultants would want to lose out on commissionable sales. The conversation also touched on the idea of not receiving commission until the gift card is redeemed, which could be similar to past host specials where the price goes towards the party total but no commission is earned.
California Girl
can I put it in a show as payment??

No. GC's can only be used online at pamperedchef.com or mailed in (still with direct shipping charges).

BethCooks4U said:
No. GC's can only be used online at pamperedchef.com or mailed in (still with direct shipping charges).

I wish there was some way they could figure out how to add it to a show! :(

gaddischef said:
I wish there was some way they could figure out how to add it to a show! :(

We cannot use it as show payment, because commission is paid on the GC when it is purchased. If we were to also pay for a show with the GC, then HO would be paying commission on it twice.

Although, if P3 could adjust down the commissionable sales to account for the GC payment, that would be a fair option. At least then the customer could use it at a party and not have to pay direct shipping. But I don't know how many consultants want to lose out on commissionable sales at a party.

we're losing anyway because most of us don't promote them because the terms to redeem them stink. I would be willing to sell GCs and take the chance that the redeember wouldn't redeem with me if commission weren't paid until they are redeemed. Yes, I could sell some that I would not get any commission from, but I may also receive some that I didn't sell. It cuts both ways. GC sales could easily be like the past host specials, the price goes toward party total, but we dont' make any commisssion on them either.

I wouldn't even mind not getting commission when they're redeemed, often the redeemer spends more than the card's value anyway. When that happens in the current environment, the commission for that extra doesn't go back to the selling consultant.

What is a gift certificate?

A gift certificate is a type of voucher or prepaid card that can be used as a form of payment at a specific store or business. It is typically given as a gift to someone to allow them to purchase goods or services from that particular establishment.

How do I purchase a gift certificate?

You can purchase a gift certificate from the specific store or business that you would like the recipient to use it at. Many businesses offer physical gift certificates that can be purchased in-store, while others may offer digital gift certificates that can be purchased online.

Can I use a gift certificate to purchase anything?

The terms and conditions of each gift certificate may vary, but it is usually limited to being used for purchasing goods or services at the specific store or business it was purchased from. Some gift certificates may also have restrictions on what can be purchased with it.

Do gift certificates expire?

The expiration date of a gift certificate depends on the policies of the store or business it was purchased from. Some gift certificates may have an expiration date, while others may not. It is important to check the terms and conditions of the gift certificate to see if there is an expiration date.

Can I return or exchange a gift certificate?

Gift certificates are typically non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. However, some businesses may have a policy in place for returning or exchanging gift certificates. It is best to check with the specific store or business for their policies on gift certificates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • Lifeat50